• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

OMG!!! So I Am Ecstatic And Totally Bummed At The Same Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!! So I Am Ecstatic And Totally Bummed At The Same Time!

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I found out last night that Jim Shore is releasing a Jessica Rabbit figure as part of his Disney Traditions collection!!!! I am ECSTATIC because I had emailed the company about 5-6 months ago asking if he would consider making a Jessica, because she is HIGHLY collectable and they would probably sell a LOT of her! I also had asked if he could make her a small enough figure that someone like me, with very limited finances, could afford to purchase her! They emailed me back and said they had passed the message on to Jim himself and would see what his thoughts were on this character!!! :D

Well...part of my wish came true, he DID decide to do a Jessica, however, she is $55 which SERIOUSLY bums me out because I don't know how I am going to afford one at that price, and this was MY dream:cry:!!! And of course I find out right after I have spent my gift $ my grandparents sent on some new pins! :( As much as I love my pins, I REALLY wanted this figure and would have saved my money if I would have known he actually decided to take my suggestion! Ugh!!! I am just SO sad about this situation!!! :cry: LOL

Anyway, enough of me being a grippy cry baby, ha ha! :D

Here are some photos!18-5284-Product_Primary_Image-800X800.jpgProduct-4671-800X800.jpgProduct-4672-800X800.jpg
Anyone out there gonna get one?

Last edited:
sell a couple jessica pins. then you can afford the statue. :)

LOL, I thought about that, but do not have enough pins, only like eight, and only two are really worth anything, and those are my framed ones that were gifts from Rachel, Debby and Greg so I don't want to get rid of them! :) If I had a larger collection, that would PROBABLY be my solution, lmao! :D

On the Jim Shore website, it says they are out of stock until 7/31. That's 7 weeks from now. $55 divided by 7 = $7.86 a week. Surely, you can find $8 a week. If you drink soda at a restaurant/fast food drink water. That's $2 a pop. If you eat out anywhere, have one meal of PB&J instead. That's probably $5. If you buy a snack item at the grocery store like a bag of chips, that's $3. Chips or Jessica...stuff like that. Every time you pull out money for the next week, as yourself "would I rather have this or Jessica."

That's beautiful! I'd love to own that. I'm running out of room for stuff though! Haha ;b

Be positive hun, i'm sure one day you'll find a way to get this beauty into your growing collection ;)

Oh wow! Gorgeous figurine! Not sure if I will get this though as I do adore Jessica but I just got my first figure of her from my DLRP trip (which is gorrrrgeous btw) and I think I actually like that one more as it has a full glittered dress and the gloves are soft fuzzy fabric so they feel fab!

On the Jim Shore website, it says they are out of stock until 7/31. That's 7 weeks from now. $55 divided by 7 = $7.86 a week. Surely, you can find $8 a week. If you drink soda at a restaurant/fast food drink water. That's $2 a pop. If you eat out anywhere, have one meal of PB&J instead. That's probably $5. If you buy a snack item at the grocery store like a bag of chips, that's $3. Chips or Jessica...stuff like that. Every time you pull out money for the next week, as yourself "would I rather have this or Jessica."

or much like me.. cut out starbucks from your life...

I didn't think of it this way, you are very right!!! The bad thing is I don't spend money on that stuff often, lol! I don't drink much soda, only eat once a day (but family has a tendency to eat out for that meal so I just need to convince them to eat at home, ha ha) and I don't eat snacks ever to speak of; HOWEVER, LOL, I know there are other areas where I can take your wonderful advice!!! Like cutting back on cigarettes, that would kill two birds with one stone, because after 18 years I really need to quit that terrible habit (hardest thing I have EVER had to do!!!). My big worry is that they will stop taking orders LONG before July 31st and I will miss out!!! :eek: The crazy things I worry about, ha ha! :D

I had thought of cigarettes, but I didn't know if you smoked. But yep, even if you can cut down how many you smoke in half, I'm sure that would free up a lot of money.

That's beautiful! I'd love to own that. I'm running out of room for stuff though! Haha ;b

Be positive hun, i'm sure one day you'll find a way to get this beauty into your growing collection ;)

LMAO, you can ALWAYS find room for Jess...oh, wait, thats me!!! Ha ha! I am gonna stay positive, sorry if I sounded negative in my first post, I do not want to come across as a negative Nancy AT ALL!!! :) I really was posting cause I am just SO excited that he did Jessica, wheather it was from my suggestion or not!!! :)

Wow! She's beautiful, and I love Jim Shore stuff. I already have the Si and Am and Lucifer ones, Sally from NBC, plus another non-Disney Siamese he made called Genghis. They're awesome! I think we might have to grab Jessica, too now. She looks great! You had a great idea for him to do one!

Yes, cutting back on the cigs is a great start. That way, you'll not only get the money you need for Jessica, but you'll be around a little bit longer to keep trading pins with all of us :) And I'm sure everyone here would help to keep you motivated along the way :) Good luck!

I can't find anywhere that says she is limited. Most of his stuff is sold for awhile, so I don't think you have to worry about her permanently selling out, even if the initial shipment might.

Also, looks like Amazon will be selling her for cheaper, although there is shipping. But there is shipping from other websites too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081Y5ZRA/?tag=thebroketogra-20

Hi @nsingleton! I'm Sara.

Ok, first off thanks for posting these pics, because I love Jim Shore (especially his Disney stuff), and this Jessica figurine is beyond beautiful!

Secondly, I am so sorry that it's out of your budget. Hopefully, you can save up enough by the end of July... Quitting smoking is a GREAT idea! I was a chain smoker for over a year, and then one day I got fed up with the habit and quit cold turkey. One of the best decisions in my lifetime! Not only did I have more money in my pocket and a better taste in my mouth, but I felt SO much healthier.

Oh, and if you're having a hard time kicking the habit in time to buy Jessica, maybe you can sell stuff. Even if you don't have any pins you're willing to give up right now, maybe you can look around your house and see if there's anything else you can sell - either on eBay, Craigslist, or Yardsellr. I recently sold a bunch of my old Nintendo games on eBay because I never use my DS anymore - I made about a hundred bucks! (Ka-ching!)

Good luck!!!

Yes, please quit smoking! It's the best thing you could do for yourself! And think of the money you'd have for collectibles! We don't want you to end up in the Haunted Mansion as a ghost prematurely!

I am not a big Jim Shore fan but this figure is adorable
good luck in getting it.
I think i missed it but how big is the figurine ??

Oh wow! Gorgeous figurine! Not sure if I will get this though as I do adore Jessica but I just got my first figure of her from my DLRP trip (which is gorrrrgeous btw) and I think I actually like that one more as it has a full glittered dress and the gloves are soft fuzzy fabric so they feel fab!

Congrats on yours!!! :D I have seen that one, it is AWESOME!!! I just love Jim Shore's work, especially Jessica, lol! :)

Wow! She's beautiful, and I love Jim Shore stuff. I already have the Si and Am and Lucifer ones, Sally from NBC, plus another non-Disney Siamese he made called Genghis. They're awesome! I think we might have to grab Jessica, too now. She looks great! You had a great idea for him to do one!

Yes, cutting back on the cigs is a great start. That way, you'll not only get the money you need for Jessica, but you'll be around a little bit longer to keep trading pins with all of us :) And I'm sure everyone here would help to keep you motivated along the way :) Good luck!

I love Jim Shore too, saw the NBC and some other thing and that was all it took! Ha ha! :lol: I don't own any yet, but Jessica would be an amazing start!!! She is absolutely stunning to me! :drool: LOL! And like I said, I am sure it had nothing to do with my email/suggestions, but that WOULD be pretty neat if it was!!!

And I agree, I need to get rid of this terrible habit for MANY reasons, lmao!!!

Thanks!

I can't find anywhere that says she is limited. Most of his stuff is sold for awhile, so I don't think you have to worry about her permanently selling out, even if the initial shipment might.

Also, looks like Amazon will be selling her for cheaper, although there is shipping. But there is shipping from other websites too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081Y5ZRA/?tag=thebroketogra-20

Thank you, this is SO helpful!!! :D And they also offer free shipping, you just have to select supersaver shipping! This will be so great when I can finally order it!!! Thanks again a ton!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back