• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

One Legit, One Scrapper or Both Scrappers? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Legit, One Scrapper or Both Scrappers? Help!

FoolishMortal71

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I got the pin on the right from a cast member lanyard at the MCO Disney EARport Store only to find out it was a scrapper. (I'm new at this and don't know how to spot em yet!) The glove should be light blue, her skin is very dark, and the pin is smaller than the one on the left. I found the pin on the left at an antique store that had lots of Disney pins...most of which were scrappers. I went ahead and got this one because the light blue glove and coloring matched what was described on PinPics. However, I'm still not convinced it's not a scrapper too since PinPics doesn't show you the back of the pin to compare. Both are missing the usual Mickey stamps but not all pins have that. Can anyone let me know if these are both scrappers or if the one on the left is legit?

xB4UQJLA-2xfRjI7e1fvHdk7SqsoqBcJfbK6aHfMmpqtLbEptaxY4l9fWysXZoMxFretNzbUgoGo4wxRSzYEi1-2jEFbwGA_zldv3qDhXifj7ENjSvodQcedJz52KvdEDLW4PU3LDv0lkElwFdCPedC96hZEwfLxIhbv40pnqRCMLh7sF4mC6ZM1BZ_PuCaAxN816sNmJDpbztwKFulwVozylPE7wtB4_7uN628yahwZdKrWW8Tf87ycLSau2xiqFPjzmvLwJ_y6VK4BTIj5KOer9JedNOrkxW9Ry8TcZHeL5zMBgBwkzfuOrSTFfG7TpJ2sw8P1LjBwwkabDjguwhxuPVdup8j9420etEuh1flx_9_Bp3Pz7zuZLp-hcbAwysdvQ28PNrJiE0s2cz67oc6euJtSBOHkHpm9WPb_pOeINWcq_Mgbmux1lWuMdQhlDfibOz14UaRHpkKUG0oJkQOxVmkj5dlrukRcnLDYuF-qGBsajvvFOyomFr1-EiknhEQqpHVBxIc5KPw5XA51waTBJpMctkrCXp9SVcKfjPZQSgMMMTYKgnaEQXW8TGllmR1QV_nffPN7qPgg0YDHx3Y1TYNrefHE_8FUH9wTBraYEih-1vc_=s712-no
SMJaPYZxz6C7-cs90CDfT0zZ-EhD4f_X8iYk-uyl9ILqXoLl5sYFMsvMbIcVdd_RYL9lEOfcsQp8unUzoNbzCFm-eZPZtH7LCemkRfNHxnCtDVk1XeXZKpwUFHrQngINUModOX1nYIOfIllqZsRwW6uEaMWLsw-YFF2LJXO0ns6zR-bsNS1coXhGWnPcYgDcY81jfMEwDUX_nt067fAo2RVLF1tBKW7JtDAoZxIMHSWpJNHAcJUBG6VvvyaYLGEzjJziLKmkV5eaNSW0u6-tadBaTh36VV1_l8al6TYbkerHCLyAjISvCR-ungoRRECkRKNqZpsdYNgFgtp7cbdcjJ_NU4lhkmLYk-8jpZ5ktN3E-2MNGzW5NZOUOB_6s7Q4NR5NZcVSEo-og_2rT4uVtYyXVIe8NntIMewpRrHpURciXxDxmGXPaGOmRwGqzRERYGgKhXyR5R5LrUkXP_hhZeuWBBDA2y7r4YHPqn90vvZXBUJMSVU2sBKZUoDlquAcSGiX3tvo7XXh8Zuiu1120U4WbELrTuznWz0WXRGhWg7a4NvLC7r5E6eTh3SrXZh15lFVLAzqH1ltDex9HDvWJGaedPhS0NieR0qu9kVxiZyUuUYfUz6k=s712-no

I don't think you'll be able to post pics until you have been a member for 10 days and have at least 30 posts.

Alternatively, you can host images on another site and post the links here for us to see.

What's weird is that I saw the pics on my phone, but I can't see them on the computer.

I think both of your pins are fakes. The gloves are supposed to be a very pale light blue. So the one with the white gloves is wrong, plus on the back there are no spaces in the "3of5". The other one I think the blue is too strong.

I have one that I believe to be authentic, so I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

What's interesting is I can see the pics I posted and did use a host link to post. Glad you could see them on the phone at least! I'll wait to see the pics.

What's weird is that I saw the pics on my phone, but I can't see them on the computer.

I think both of your pins are fakes. The gloves are supposed to be a very pale light blue. So the one with the white gloves is wrong, plus on the back there are no spaces in the "3of5". The other one I think the blue is too strong.

I have one that I believe to be authentic, so I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

Alright. The back is a little blurry. It's so hard to get a good pic of the back.

IMG_9882 by hopemax, on Flickr

IMG_9887 by hopemax, on Flickr

Aside from the darker blue in your picture on the left, I also notice now that the yellow parts of the butterfly have a greenish tint. That is another telltale sign of counterfeits, they never quite manage the right yellows. Also the Pin Trading Logo is very close to the edge.

Thank you so much for following up! Yes, I can see the distinct differences on the back even more so than the front in this. Under brighter lighting, the yellows and blues are actually the same on my pin - those didn't photograph well - but the back is all wrong. I'll make sure to pull these out of circulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back