• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oz Urban Decay Palettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oz Urban Decay Palettes

MegglesM

Will Work For Stickers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Not sure if many people here will care, but Urban Decay made two palettes for the upcoming Oz movie.

http://www.urbandecay.com/The-Glind...1=isNewDisplay&prefv1=true&srule=best-matches

They'll supposedly be in stores such as Sephora on the 30th, right now they're only available through UD (I think). Personally, I love the colors in the Glinda Palette (although I'm seriously considering buying Theodora for the case alone... they're so shiny!)

Oh I love the colours in the Glinda palette too! I somehow doubt they will release them in stores over here though *pouts*. Anyone know how long they are limited for? I maybe able to pick one up when I go to the states in May.

They're both awesome palettes! If you look on Urban Decay's facebook page, they have swatches of all the colors on skin so you can take a look at the colors. And the value is AMAZING considering the Oz tins are their reusable ones so you can pop the old, used shadows out and pop new ones in after you've used up your Glinda or Theodora shades! I'm considering forking over the $49 for Theodora simply for that fact alone. It's an awesome deal.

(Yes I regularly follow the Urban Decay facebook page. Make-up is one of my first loves and I plan to work in theatrical costume shops after graduating. ^_^ )

Last edited:
They're both awesome palettes! If you look on Urban Decay's facebook page, they have swatches of all the colors on skin so you can take a look at the colors...
(Yes I regularly follow the Urban Decay facebook page. Make-up is one of my first loves and I plan to work in theatrical costume shops after graduating. ^_^ )
Thanks, I'm rubbish with makeup but I think Glinda's are a safe variety for me, maybe you could advise what tones/combination these palettes would suit :)

Love the picture on their Facebook page of James Franco holding the Theodora palette :D I wonder how much these will cost in the UK. I'm guessing £35 ish maybe.

Thanks, I'm rubbish with makeup but I think Glinda's are a safe variety for me, maybe you could advise what tones/combination these palettes would suit :)

I actually think both palettes are a pretty good suit for most tones. There's eight colors in each palette and you can switch out some colors if you'd like to (but the separate pots to put back in cost $18 a piece, so I'd just stick with these ones for now), so you're bound to end up with a bunch of combinations of colors to make work. The Glinda palette is a safe bet because it's mostly natural-ish colors with a little bit of glitz and drama. Do you mind if I ask what your eye/hair/skin color is? =) That'd give me a better idea of what colors would be best.

The Theodora palette would be for the much more smokey looks. Not the most wearable daily (unless you like me and just go all out with your eye makeup all the time)

If you need any help with learning how to blend eyeshadows or apply them, I'd do a youtube search for Lauren Luke. Her videos helped me IMMENSELY when I was learning and her earlier videos largely featured Urban Decay products.

Hope this helped! =D

I actually think both palettes are a pretty good suit for most tones. There's eight colors in each palette and you can switch out some colors if you'd like to (but the separate pots to put back in cost $18 a piece, so I'd just stick with these ones for now), so you're bound to end up with a bunch of combinations of colors to make work. The Glinda palette is a safe bet because it's mostly natural-ish colors with a little bit of glitz and drama. Do you mind if I ask what your eye/hair/skin color is? =) That'd give me a better idea of what colors would be best.

The Theodora palette would be for the much more smokey looks. Not the most wearable daily (unless you like me and just go all out with your eye makeup all the time)

If you need any help with learning how to blend eyeshadows or apply them, I'd do a youtube search for Lauren Luke. Her videos helped me IMMENSELY when I was learning and her earlier videos largely featured Urban Decay products.

Hope this helped! =D
Cool thanks, yeh I know of Lauren Luke as she used to do her own vids before she got recognised (friends followed her) she's so down to earth.

fair(celtic/pink undertone?)/dark brown hair/mixed eyes (dark to light green/bit of orangey colour depending on light/mood lol)

Cool thanks, yeh I know of Lauren Luke as she used to do her own vids before she got recognised (friends followed her) she's so down to earth.

fair(celtic/pink undertone?)/dark brown hair/mixed eyes (dark to light green/bit of orangey colour depending on light/mood lol)

That actually sounds like a pretty decent mix between my coloring and my sisters! Hahaha! If you have green eyes, the Glinda palette will be perfect for you! I find that purple colors (like the ones in this palette) make green eyes really POP out! I have green eyes as well, so I'm constantly in purple (though I may be a bit biased--it is my favorite color!).

From what I'd imagine, a good combination for every day would probably be Illusion (the peachy color) as a lid color, with a little bit of South in your crease (the brown-gray shimmer). Then you'd use the purple liner to bring out the green color of your eyes!

I mean, I wouldn't know for sure since we're only typing back and forth and I've yet to actually get a feel of the palette for myself in person, but it sounds about right to me! Hahaha! I'd also be sure to use the eggplant shimmer color in the palette! Maybe for a smokier look. It's all up to you! play around. See what you like! =D A google search is wonders for inspiration! And some reviews of the palette are up on some beauty blogs already, with pictures of what they did with the palette!

Yes! I watch Lauren Luke years ago before she gained so much attention, as well! I stopped watching her videos a while ago, unfortunately, since it seemed like it had mainly become beauty hauls and product reviews. =/ But I'll always still recommend her to anyone who wants help!

And of course, I love both of these.
Though I think I've done enough damage with makeup lately...

Those are pretty palettes, I have some urban decay eyeshadow I got free with my old mobile phone :)

I would probably get the Theodora palette

That actually sounds like a pretty decent mix between my coloring and my sisters! Hahaha! If you have green eyes, the Glinda palette will be perfect for you! I find that purple colors (like the ones in this palette) make green eyes really POP out! I have green eyes as well, so I'm constantly in purple (though I may be a bit biased--it is my favorite color!).

From what I'd imagine, a good combination for every day would probably be Illusion (the peachy color) as a lid color, with a little bit of South in your crease (the brown-gray shimmer). Then you'd use the purple liner to bring out the green color of your eyes!

I mean, I wouldn't know for sure since we're only typing back and forth and I've yet to actually get a feel of the palette for myself in person, but it sounds about right to me! Hahaha! I'd also be sure to use the eggplant shimmer color in the palette! Maybe for a smokier look. It's all up to you! play around. See what you like! =D A google search is wonders for inspiration! And some reviews of the palette are up on some beauty blogs already, with pictures of what they did with the palette!
Thank you so much, I know what to use my vouchers on now! I do love the Theodora palette too but I'd rather have something I could potentially use. :)

^OMG! Lauren Luke! <3 I love her! She is from the same area as me LOL... :)
I couldn't think where she was from but I knew the place was familiar :rofl:

Super excited! I luckily had a sephora and mall gift card, so picked these up today.

They come in nice boxes :)
IMG_2047_zps83a6b6d3.jpg

This is the back side of the nice boxes.
IMG_2048_zps39c1ab09.jpg

Glinda: The other side of the face-card is just a large image of her face.
IMG_2049_zpse11f4b37.jpg

Glinda eyeshadows:
IMG_2050_zpse12b5d4c.jpg

Glinda Lipstick/Pencil:
IMG_2052_zpsd947330d.jpg

Theodora: Facecard, box, tin.
IMG_2054_zps062353cb.jpg

Theodora eyeshadows:
IMG_2055_zps65f12225.jpg

Theodora lipstick/pencil:
IMG_2057_zps037dd936.jpg

I managed to get Glinda at the weekend and the two ladies at UD were conveniently wearing each palette. I almost went :squint: :eek: on seeing the Theodora lip colour :lol: Though I think that palette will be the most popular as it's so dramatic, but personally I'd rather team Glinda with my fave nail colour (Revlon Cherries). Debenhams had a weekend discount so (with voucher included on top) it only cost me £2 :hsd: bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back