• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

People with large collections, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People with large collections, what do you do?

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
I have crossed the 5200 pin threshold, and I want to get more of my frames out of the binders and bags and onto the walls. Some of it is easy to figure out, as they are part of a finite series or collection. But I get stuck with some of the others. I collect park pins, so should I have a large frame with, say, all MK pins, or smaller frames for like a land, or even smaller frames like for specific attractions? HM collectors, do you have multiple years in one frame, or does each year get a different frame. Stuff like that.

So I am looking for inspiration. :)

Honestly we are in the 3000 range, use corkboards that change frequently.
the hard framed pins are something special or specific.

only traders live in binders and pinbags.

With that many pins I would really try to stick to larger/broader themed frames. The frames themselves take up a lot of room so unless you have a plethora of wall space, you may run out of room. My collection is less than half the size of yours and I was already running into that problem.

For me personally, a large mass of pins is more fun to look at than a large mass of frames which is why I did my cork boards (Mickey and Tinks figures) the way I did. It maximizes the number of pins in the space. But, my pins were also mostly character pins. Since you collect park pins most of them will be bigger and it would be more difficult to take the same approach. With your collection I would find the biggest frames I could and go from there.....

Hmmmm.....depending on how many pins of each park you have......maybe you could find 4 super large frames (one for each WDW park or other parks too if you have them) and arrange them in the shape of the icon for that park!!!!! The Magic Kingdom pins all together would make a castle, Animal Kingdom the Tree of Life, Epcot - Spaceship Earth, and the Studios the Sorcerer Hat!!!! That would be awesome if you could pull it off!!!

only traders live in binders and pinbags.

I have to say that's not really true of me, I have 2 cork boards and a full length mirror covered in pins but as I do not have my own house I do not have much room for display so I have had to resort to binders, which in some ways I like but really I love corkboards and frames! :)

Everyone is a trader/collerctor. If you have a pin and on this site, are you not both? Maybe it because I collected Baseball Cards back in the day that I put my pins in a 3x3 pocket binder.

I have been collecting for years and have changed my theme here and there. Since Disney has ruined what an LE is, I think I have finally settled on what I want - I think. I do pick up the Grail now and then but with +/- 2000 pins everyone needs the binders. It would be nice to frame them but like most, what do I do, what is includes and left out?

It's up to the individual.

Hello (standing up from my chair), I'm Tr8dWitMe - and I'm a collector (everyone saying hello).

Piping up to say, I read Walrus' comment as "the only pins WE keep in binders or bags are OUR traders"

Can't wait to see what you come up with for your pin collection though! I love when people post their frames or boards or any display ideas. Such eye candy... :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back