• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Petition for bringing the trading tables back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petition for bringing the trading tables back
I've signed for you--number 96. Best of luck with your petition.

Yay, I'm number 100! If this was a line for pins I would get the last one, right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny I Didn't see Doc's offer until I signed and posted about a line for pins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, the guest services podium has been relocated to an area with more shade across the walkway and is now next to the Star Trader. The area where the trading tables used to be remains unused.

FYI, the guest services podium has been relocated to an area with more shade across the walkway and is now next to the Star Trader. The area where the trading tables used to be remains unused.

Gee I guess that area without a lot of shade was okay for us lowly pin traders but not for the guest service people. Now give us back our tables and quit lying about why you took them away!!!

Gee I guess that area without a lot of shade was okay for us lowly pin traders but not for the guest service people. Now give us back our tables and quit lying about why you took them away!!!

Now that everyone has been trading for a few months at the Rancho del Zocalo Mexican Restaurant... the area by Little Green Men actually sucks. At LGM, people would hang out for a little while, then take off and make periodic trips back to see if any new people had arrived but at Zocalo, people hang out for hours. It's nice being able to sit and trade in a comfortable setting instead of standing around all day. Personally, I hated trading over at LGM but now, I don't mind hanging out in a relaxed setting, chatting with friends and other traders. If there's a petition to be made, it should be somewhere that has seating for a bunch of traders like the Oasis, or the old boat dock in Fantasyland or even the unused area at the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country.

I've seen anywhere from 20-40 traders on a Sunday at the Zocalo... Bringing back 3 or 4 little tables for 20-40 traders is not conducive to good trading.

Now that everyone has been trading for a few months at the Rancho del Zocalo Mexican Restaurant... the area by Little Green Men actually sucks. At LGM, people would hang out for a little while, then take off and make periodic trips back to see if any new people had arrived but at Zocalo, people hang out for hours. It's nice being able to sit and trade in a comfortable setting instead of standing around all day. Personally, I hated trading over at LGM but now, I don't mind hanging out in a relaxed setting, chatting with friends and other traders. If there's a petition to be made, it should be somewhere that has seating for a bunch of traders like the Oasis, or the old boat dock in Fantasyland or even the unused area at the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country.

I've seen anywhere from 20-40 traders on a Sunday at the Zocalo... Bringing back 3 or 4 little tables for 20-40 traders is not conducive to good trading.

I agree to the sit down part. I loved it when it was on main street at the carnation plaza (if I remember correctly it was that restaurant) while it was the annual pass holder processing center. The problem will be this summer when the dining crowds get bigger at Rancho del Zocalo they will kick us out. Then what?

They need to give us an official place. There are several locations they could do it at that would be out of the traffic of non pin collectors. Plus quit giving us bs excuses for why they took LGM away from us. If some traders were causing a problem deal with them and leave the rest of us alone. You ban a few bad traders and word gets around and then you should have that issue any longer.

According to Micechat, Westward Ho tables are back.

I was there last Thursday. When I walked up toward Westward Ho, I saw a pin cart and a barrel and thought "the tables/barrels, are BACK?!?!" - only to find that Westward Ho was being, refurbished. Big...Sigh!

That being said, I haven't been back since Thursday. I hope they did decide to bring them back, that would be awesome!

Yes I forgot to add 2 tables.. however we should get more proof that they are or not. I mean we don't want to start more rumors?

Ultimately we did not say anything. It was Micechat that made the statement. They are not known for having quality pin information. In some cases they have been downright wrong. I posted the article so people can see what they posted. Someone who actually knows and reports on pins will have to go check.

Ultimately we did not say anything. It was Micechat that made the statement. They are not known for having quality pin information. In some cases they have been downright wrong. I posted the article so people can see what they posted. Someone who actually knows and reports on pins will have to go check.

This is true.. but you did post judge for yourself correct? and I did. So I wont believe it yet until I hear about it from them.. nothing wrong with a small opinion right?

This is true.. but you did post judge for yourself correct? and I did. So I wont believe it yet until I hear about it from them.. nothing wrong with a small opinion right?
Technically the article is correct and the barrels are indeed back, well two of them anyways. Whether they're being used for trading and how long they'll last after Westward Ho reopens is the question.

Of course. Having an opinion is fine. Bombardon3 posted that Micechat said the tables were there. You said they weren't. I posted a link to the article so if anyone here wants to go have a look they can. You said we needed more info and I agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back