• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Piece of Disney Movie WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piece of Disney Movie WDW

jkhogon

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi! My friend who knows nothing about pin trading is going to be at WDW at the same time of the Lion King PODM's release. To make it easier to pick up just one of these pins, what resort locations and stores are best? Magic Kingdom? Hollywood Studios? Animal Kingdom? Epcot? I think I've heard that the Sorceror's Hat in Hollywood Studios has them but I'm not sure. Any advice on where to pick one would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch and good luck to you all getting the scene you want :)

The Sorcerer's Hat is weird about pin releases sometimes, though. They didn't even get the Tangled ones when they came out. One of the easiest places to go is the Fantasia gift shop at Contemporary; however people have been getting smart about hitting them up in the morning lately. If you want a good number of pins to pick through though, Pin Traders in Downtown Disney is the number one choice followed by the Trading Post in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom. From my experience, Epcot usually sells out the fastest.

Is your friend going to have admission to all the parks? Or no?

If he has admission, go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios (ask lucan444). Followed by Epcot & Magic Kingdom (MK has the most pins of the parks [not including DTD]).

If no admission, go to Contemporary first (they usually only have 1 pack of 30 pins) at 6:30 a.m. They will open earlier if they see a line. Then head to DTD.

Thanks for responding! Yes, he will have park admission but since he doesn't do pin trading and when I step into his shoes, I would hate to wait in line for something I don't care so much about either. I know its not completely relatable and that Finding Nemo wasn't so popular but when I was at Disneyland for its PODM release or even hearing about WDWs PODM Tangled release, it seems like you can still get a pin with a shorter line after the hardcore pin traders pick them up early in the morning. For Finding Nemo, i got mine in the morning but even at 11 or 12 they still had some (not the best scenes) but they still had some with no wait to buy them. Of course I want a good scene but i don't want to request someone to wake up at 6 and wait in line for an hour for me on their vacation :p. i'm sure he wil be there by 9 but where should I send him? Sounds like Magic Kingdom is my best bet? And at magic Kingdom i should ask him to go to the Emporium and the Trading Post in Fronteirland? My goal is to only get 1 of these pins lol if even possible with the madness of these releases! What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back