Pin 84800 Ariel's Undersea Adventure Set Value?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by echoharmony, Jun 16, 2018.

1. echoharmony

echoharmony Active Member

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0

Hey all, long time no see. *wave* I just acquired this set in brand new condition with all 10 pins, in box/book, but am having a hard time finding a value for it. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a couple of the individual pins go for a pretty penny by themselves, but I’ve heard wildly varying opinions on value of the set itself. Everything from $200-1,000. I’m going to be selling it, but I’d like to get a better idea of value first. Any ideas? I haven’t found it or any of the pins(besides Scuttle) on EBay.

Thanks in advance!

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

[​IMG]

Just for reference for those who are wondering what the set is (this is the box).

Pins have taken a dive lately with many newer pin traders wanting the newest pins that have come out.

The Ariel/Eric boat pin recently sold for $70 on eBay. The Ariel/Flounder sold for $20. This is on eBay US.

On eBay UK, the following pins went unsold:
    Ariel/Eric wedding pin: £ 39.99,
    Triton for £ 22.99
    Scuttle for £ 27.99
    Ariel dancing for £ 32.99

I don't think you can get $1000 for it. People would spend that money on a LE100 Art Nouveau or Carousel pin or Gomes, but not a set of 10 pins like this. You might be able to get $500 for it - maybe - if you are patient and willing to wait. If you want a quick sale, pricing at $200 may garner it. I am of the motto to start a bit high and leave room for negotiation.

3. pinbum

pinbum Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not being WDI I would value the set @100.00-$150.00 tops hope this helps.

4. sockgnome

sockgnome Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    179   0   0

You'll make more if you break up the set-I absolutely think it's worth more than $100-$150, that's only $10-$15 a pin. You can probably get between $70-$90 for Ariel and Eric in a boat alone, if you put the rest up on eBay at a starting bid of $19.99, you'll probably sell most of them and will make at LEAST $250. But you won't get a good price if you keep them together, IMO.

Ajk likes this.
  5. KT07

KT07 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Why not base the price on what you have invested and what you think is fair, as a posed to just trying to get the most money out of it. Just a idea and probably not a popular one around here with the reselling and what not.