• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 88171 DisneyStore.com - Snowglobe Chip an' Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 88171 DisneyStore.com - Snowglobe Chip an' Dale

DoomScarf

New DPF Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
Okay, so I have the above pin in my collection and it's a very pretty pin, except that the 'snow' covers most of the dome and obscures the image underneath. Is there some hack to get the 'snow' to stop sticking to the dome and collect at the bottom?

I know years ago I saw a listing on eBay where the seller had removed the dome but I can't bring myself to do that.

Any ideas?

I didn't see a pic but here a the one I think we are talking about.
4abe8992f459df0ca89c547fe2b33ffd.png

It looks like a fine powder unlike do of the other globe pins I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see a pic but here a the one I think we are talking about.
4abe8992f459df0ca89c547fe2b33ffd.png

It looks like a fine powder unlike do of the other globe pins I have seen.

Just an FYI, the above photo is not of the exact pin I have, mine is much more covered. They look like they're in a blizzard on my pin. The above photo is from our favourite auction site.

Ok everyone I have a pic of the real pin in question. Most of the "snow" will move but there is a thin layer to the bubble. Any thoughts?
e45cd708e5826c136593614d037574f5.jpg
4c322c9caa17a95f993fc90144509d68.jpg

No suggestions, but :eek:

The pinback is in perfect position to make that look like a giant mickey icon with teeny ears....

Hope you find a solution....

You can try rubbing an anti-static dryer sheet on it to separate the powder from the glass. That should work unless it's got water in it.

You can try rubbing an anti-static dryer sheet on it to separate the powder from the glass. That should work unless it's got water in it.

I'm currently walking downstairs to the dryer to try it. Good idea!

Didn't work. It must have gotten water in it. I wonder if I can take the globe off?

I know I saw someone years ago on eBay selling one where they'd obviously removed the dome. I couldn't bring myself to do that.

You cant enjoy the pin as it is, so in the absence of any other ideas, opening it, is probably the way forward. You just need to convince yourself, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back