• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 90988: Disney Fairies - Booster Pack - issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 90988: Disney Fairies - Booster Pack - issues?

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
So I got this booster pack:

Pin 90988: Disney Fairies - Booster Pack

pin90988

Mint in package, on card, price tag, etc.

And I was wondering if anyone had the same issue I did, which was that the pins were more matte than glossy and that at least one of the pins had a dip.

Is Disney's Quality Control getting worse? Or is it just the set I got?

Li I don't know about this set, but I know some booster sets I've bought directly from Disney has had quality issues lately. Dips in the paint especially noticeable, it's very frustrating!

Several of the sets on the shelves at DLR have had some paint dipping and low gloss. Part of why I want to try to get the whole set in package rather than trading for it one by one. I have an iridessa I got from a trade that is clean and has good shine.

You can always polish the pins up a bit on your own.

Several of the sets on the shelves at DLR have had some paint dipping and low gloss. Part of why I want to try to get the whole set in package rather than trading for it one by one. I have an iridessa I got from a trade that is clean and has good shine.

You can always polish the pins up a bit on your own.

Polish? With what? I have a Fawn (or Rosetta?) pin that I got in a trade that seems shiny too. All I want is Silver Mist!

I got this set of pins from the Disney Store site Pin 89935: DisneyStore.com - Disney Parks Adventure - Characters with Park Food Pin Set and the Stitch has a little dip in the paint. :( I guess you can expect there to be occasional flaws. It doesn't bother me too much because I got the set on sale and you have to look extremely close to notice it. I had another issue with that order, not a pin but a Rapunzel doll for my niece with messed up eyes. Her eyeliner stopped in the middle and then had a big smudge on the side. I did complain about that and they replaced the doll. So yeah I would say their quality control is not very strict but their customer service usually makes up for it...

For me...

Tinkerbell, and Rosestta are the glossy-est
Iredessa is pretty much not glossy at all..
Fawn has paint dips in the leaf below her.
Rosetta has paint dips in the blue
Silvermist is only glossy in certain spots
Periwinkle has little indents in her... :/

Over all the quality is TERRIBLE!

Sorry this took so long to get to you!!

For me...

Tinkerbell, and Rosestta are the glossy-est
Iredessa is pretty much not glossy at all..
Fawn has paint dips in the leaf below her.
Rosetta has paint dips in the blue
Silvermist is only glossy in certain spots
Periwinkle has little indents in her... :/

Over all the quality is TERRIBLE!

Sorry this took so long to get to you!!

Not a problem! One would have thought Disney's QC would have been better!

But then again, I remember when Mulan came out on 2-disc DVD. Everywhere I bought it, there was a scene, right after the song "I'll Make a Man Out of You" where there was a skip and it (the dvd) would start screeching. It didn't matter which DVD player I used or where I bought it (I bought it at Costco, Sam's Club, Target, Walmart, etc!)

Oh, I totally understand the dvd issue. A ways back I had bought a dvd set of the complete season of Buffy. (can't remember which season it was exactly) But there was one disk of the set that would not play one episode specific episode. The guy at the dvd store told me the box set was known to have that problem. It originated with how the dvds were pressed originally and would not get fixed unless there was a new run/batch done of the dvds. All the box sets out had that problem. It is very frustrating, but with Blu-rays I have not seen those type of problems happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back