pin trading at Disneyland and DCA

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by docfish2u, Apr 11, 2018.

1. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

Hi Everybody,

I know it has been a while. We are coming down to Disneyland next month and want to know if and where pin trading is done in the parks on Sundays now.

Thank you for any help.

a4matte likes this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

The main Sunday area is now probably the picnic area outside the parks, near where the Mickey and Friends tram lets off.

The inside-the-park area in DLR is basically wherever people can find space on benches or fences in Frontier Land right outside of the Westward Ho pin shop.

The inside-the-park area of DCA was the back area near Goofy's Sky School, but with Pixar Fest activities happening there I'm guessing that pin traders taking up lots of tables isn't going to be allowed in that area.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  3. Girugamesh

Girugamesh IG:Instapinzzies & Girugapins

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

A lot of people have also gone back to the tables at Rancho Del Zocalo inside Disneyland about after dinner time. They move from the picnic tables

4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

From what I heard this past Sunday we can use the Goofy's Sky School area to trade until 11:30am then they ask them to leave if they haven't left on their own

timeerkat likes this.
  5. docfish2u

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

Since we are getting so close, I wanted to be sure this is still how they were doing pin trading.

Thank you!

6. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I haven't seen anyone there in a few weeks actually! The traders meet at the Picnic area outside of Disneyland on Sunday and Thursday now. :)

7. docfish2u

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

Thank you for the update!

8. Lisa Lopez

Lisa Lopez Pinpics ID lisarallen2

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Where’s the picnic area? I’m planning to go to downtown Disney tomorrow (Thursday) in hopes of trading, since I can’t go into the park until 6:00 pm

9. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

It's right outside of the entrance to Disneyland, you can ask any CM and they'll point you in the right direction. :)

Lisa Lopez likes this.
  10. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Circled in yellow!
    [​IMG]

Lisa Lopez likes this.
  11. Lisa Lopez

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Thanks for the picture - made it easy to find the spot. Unfortunately, I’ve been by 4 times throughout the morning and no traders :-(

12. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

They are not usually there on Thursdays to my knowledge, just Sundays! On Thursdays people are usually in Frontierland.

13. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

You might also have more luck next Thursday, @Lisa Lopez, since that's when the next Windows of Evil pin is scheduled to be released.

14. Lisa Lopez

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Unfortunately, I don’t live near SoCal, so today is it for me. BUT, I did meet one trader in the picnic area and not only traded for my very first heroine profile (WHAT!?!), but I made a new pin friend. I may not have traded much, but it was a great day!

15. AshleyV

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

How wonderful! If you're going to make one trade, that's definitely the one to make. :cool:

16. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Congrats! I'm glad you had fun! :D

17. PeoplemoverMatt

PeoplemoverMatt New Member

0   0   0

It's been a few months since I was last there, but every once in a while I'll take a Saturday, bring my pin bags and cart (yes, I use a cart) them over to the seating area across from Jungle Cruise, and set up on a table there facing the concourse.

Never had a problem with any CMs there, but me only taking one table is a far cry from a bunch of traders taking up many.

18. AshleyV

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I'll be at the pin trading area sometime after noon today, if anyone's around. (It's Mother's Day, so I'm sure there will be a smaller crowd than usual.)[​IMG][​IMG]

DeputyDonald and Sami like this.
  19. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I'll be at work all day, but I hope you can find something you actually collect! ;P

20. AshleyV

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I did, but the person who has it won’t trade it to me, haha. Still got to trade for more traders, though!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  21. DeputyDonald

DeputyDonald Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

We don’t live near the Parks anymore but every time we go on vacation to visit family we always go to Disneyland and try to trade in Frontierland in front of the Westward Ho Trading Company.

The last time we went in mid May we got this LE 300 Grand Opening Shanghai pin from a set. Truth be told we didn’t want the whole set just this pin so we were really glad to be able to trade for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also try to trade in front of Store Command in Tomorrowland. Not sure if they still have tables to trade at outside the store, but they did once upon a time.