• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Pin trading at DLR gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Pin trading at DLR gone...
I agree with Mark lets move pin trading next to goofys sky school!

We traded last Sunday near Goofy's Sky School. It was quite nice because there is shade, fans and lighting. There were a lot of people trading so I think this is the spot. I have heard that they will be hanging an official "Pin Trading" sign so the tourists will know where to go. We have actually been welcomed there by cast members. They come over now and then and talk to us. Much better than the Mexican restaurant.

I totally agree!

I, for one, really enjoy pin trading IN the park! It's fun and a great way to meet people AND not everyone goes on every ride!! And when it's a long wait to get on rides, pin trading is a fun diversion! It's a terrific way to catch up with friends especially those I don't get to see very often ... we can pin trade and chat and enjoy the ambiance of Disney all around us!! Being friendly, polite and using good manners goes a long way!! It's always nice to stop for a bit and take in the park ... and yes, we do get something to snack on, drink or even a meal. It seems like most of us are considerate and happy to be there ... it's very unfortunate when Disney staff or a "pin trader" doesn't recognize the benefits of having nice places to pin trade. :( I hope Disney will continue to allow pin trading in the park ... PLEASE!! :x:

I knew once you guys started trading at an underutilized area in the very back of the park Disney would be fast to say, "Ok, this is where you've been relegated to forever now." They tried it with Big Thunder Ranch and it was a complete dud. They even tried to put that pin cart and do the wagon wheel trading back there but almost noone walked back there. I suppose if they'd update their map to have a ODPT logo then people would know where to go. But it seems each park should have an area designated and both parks should have the logo on the map somewhere.

I agree with Mark we should move the pin trading to the taste pilots grill.Lets see how the CM"s there treat us.We have always had a trading spot next to a pin shop,why should we move to a area that is so far away from everything?

I knew once you guys started trading at an underutilized area in the very back of the park Disney would be fast to say, "Ok, this is where you've been relegated to forever now." They tried it with Big Thunder Ranch and it was a complete dud. They even tried to put that pin cart and do the wagon wheel trading back there but almost noone walked back there. I suppose if they'd update their map to have a ODPT logo then people would know where to go. But it seems each park should have an area designated and both parks should have the logo on the map somewhere.

Not that I have a ton of people using my pin trading app (Pinja), yet, but I figured I'll toss a marker on the Goofy's Sky School spot as a pin trading station for people to see on the map. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what to call it. Any suggestions? Private Pin Traders, maybe? Although that might make people think they can't join in the fun.

Myself along with the wife and kids are hoping to hit the park this Friday and Saturday and check out the private pin traders. In fact, this will be our first time straying from the cast member stations and checking out what the private pin traders have. We're pretty excited.

I am going to try Taste pilots grill Sunday 8/16/15.If anyone would like to try this new spot please stop by so we can trade...I want to see if the CM"s accept me in that area.There is a lot more foot traffic and a pin shop across the way...Hope to see some of you there...

Thank you to everyone that stopped by taste pilots grill to trade with me made some great trades with park guest their and others.It really helped having the pin store across the way from taste pilots.Hope to see more of you there next Sunday...It was nice being so close to the park entrance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back