• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

pin trading bags

pin trading bags

weebo

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi all anyone no where i can get a pin trading bag from even better if it has stitch on it pleaseee

Weebo

I find the pin trading bags on the pricey side - is there any inexpensive Disney item - LOL.

I usually purchase plain non-Disney bags (on you-know-what-bay) and iron-on patches with princesses, Tink etc from Jo-Ann fabrics and make my own custom bags.

Hope this helps.

The plain pin bags work just as well and serve the same function. Might not be as fancy, but hey, you are only paying a quarter of the price. You can add embellishments to them like merryweather has said. I have yet to do so, but am planning on it in the next week or two :) Will let you know how it turns out. Can you maybe post a pic of yours merryweather?

Where do you get the plain bags from? Are they the ones with the tissue like material between the pages? I need a couple for Pin Meet Gifts.

Here are pics of my bags.

I collect Sleeping Beauty, Thumper, Tink and other princesses. I am also a closet Ariel collector (I think).

So far, I have 2 bags: Thumper and Tink, and I need at least 3 more.

I have not seen the original Disney bags in person, so I can not compare quality. Among the 2 bags I have, the purple Tink bag is far better with soft (felt like) pages that reduces shifting of the pins. Both bags have thin dividers to avoid pins on opposite pages from rubbing to each other.

Please forgive the pic quality, my usual camera is with my husband who is on a business trip. And I found inserting images fairly challenging.

Last edited:
I don't know about the UK, but at JoAnn's they sell Disney iron patches you can put on the bags.

You can typically find plain black pin bags (non-Disney) on ebay for around $20.

After trading at Disney, I am now using pin binders. I have some Disney ones that work fine, but I also just have some binders with baseball sleeves that I put all my pins on cards in. Honestly, I like them even better than the pin bags, although I haven't traveled with them yet :)

Hey weebo, what I did when first started was I got a Disney binder,(nmbc one I got for 50p last year) the kind with the really tall inside rings, I purchased trading card folders off the bay for 99p and 3 packets of playing cards for a pound from pound land. I then pit the cards in to the folders and put all of my pins in to the folders straight through the cards and straight through the plastic folders. They stayed up really well and it was a lot cheaper than a pin bag. I did get a pin bag but a friend sold me a spare one for really cheap or i would have stuck with my binder. A few of my other friends felt the idea of using playo g cards as backer cards was an awesome idea and theydo makeit easier to photograph your traders! Hope that's helpful.

Back