• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics Grading Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics Grading Service

NutMeg

The Nefarious N.M.G.
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Is this even still a thing? Looking at their site (Home | PinPics Grading Service), it doesn't seem to have been updated lately; they cite Tomart's as being responsible for the authentication process, despite the fact that the company doesn't exist anymore.

I ask because I'm trying to get in touch with them about removing a graded pin from a super scratched and discolored case (the previous owner apparently did not take good care of it, or perhaps the cases simply aren't that durable.) Obviously I'm extremely hesitant to attempt to remove the pin myself, since it's attached to the inside of the case and sealed shut. I know the whole point is that it's designed to be impenetrable and can't be opened without damaging the pin (which supposedly preserves its value), but if the case itself is damaged, it kind of defeats the purpose, no?

Anyway, I figure that there *has* to be a way for a trained professional or expert handyman to take it out safely. If anyone knows how I could contact PPGS about this (if they're even operating still), or if you could refer me to basically anyone who might have knowledge in this arena, I would so appreciate it! Do you know of anyone who has ever successfully (or unsuccessfully) removed a graded pin from the case?

Many thanks! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back