• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins via Groupon - Scrappers or Legit?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins via Groupon - Scrappers or Legit?!?

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Recently, I was told via a FB group I belong to about a seller selling Disney pins in lots

25 for $19.99
50 for $39.99
100 for $79.99

As always, I am hesitant of sellers posting phrases like

These pins are all official Disney pins with the ©DISNEY copyright on the back which means that they can be traded at the park with Cast Members or for pins to add to your collection.

And I posted questions to Groupon where they did not specifically answered my concerns:

Their answer was:
Thank you very much for your feedback. We never intend to upset our subscribers, and we genuinely appreciate your thoughts. I'll make sure that your opinion is communicated to the appropriate channels.

This Groupon Goods item is sold by a 3rd party merchant—they take care of ensuring the fulfillment, delivery, and quality of the items that can be purchased.

The deals featured on Groupon are largely shaped by our subscribers' tastes and requests. We regularly survey consumers and test new types of features across the country, and we encourage local residents to let us know what they think. Similarly, what works in one city may not be embraced in another, and we try to take in local sentiment as much as possible when selecting each region's local deals.

Again, I apologize if we've offended you and thank you for writing.

to which I replied:
Thank you for the prompt reply. My concern with your listing is that these pins potentially could be scrappers/counterfeits, and as they state This is a FINAL SALE; no returns or refunds unless defective; there could be a lot of upset pin collectors. I was wondering

1) What steps has Groupon taken to verify the legitimacy of the items being sold and that the seller is an authorized seller of Disney pins (by the way, there is no authorized direct seller of Disney Pins, except Disney themselves - they are unique to Disney properties)?

2) Will Groupon step in should someone buy from this 3rd party, and receive scrappers/counterfeits? If contacted, eBay will intervene when a seller is selling scrappers/counterfeits in bulk.

It is not that I am offended, it is that I am concerned that new pin traders might partake on this deal, and in turn receive items which will do everything and be everything as stated in this listing, but not actually be legitimate pins, which not only hurts the new trader, but also every other person who partakes in the pin trading, as it releases more of these types of pins into the trading community.

to which their final response was:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've passed this issue along to my supervisor for further assistance. Either my supervisor or I will get back to you once we've looked into this. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to assist you.

This was on Wednesday. Since then, someone in the FB group bought one of the cheap lots, and posted pictures to see what others think - real/scrapper - so I copied said picture and am bringing it here for opinions. What do we think?

attachment.php

My first inkling is to say Scrappers, just because pins in those mini ziplocs are very common as scrappers, plus most of these are Hidden Mickeys/pins minted in bulk, so they tend to have more scrappers available.

scrappers. Unfortunately, the WDW HMs were scrapped earlier this year. I saw the villains chins, some fruit, the icons, paw prints, and bones as scrappers on WDW lanyards in May (fortunately, I was able to figure out which were real ones because the backs on the scrappers are so off)

Probably as you suspended, being in zip lock. Now the buyer needs to return their order and get a refund because they're counterfeit. Thanks for the post and trying.

OK, this is now ridiculous. Anyone know the e-mail address to Disney for fraudulent pins, etc

Thanks for your patience.

Here is a document with all the terms and conditions for merchants featured on our site: https://www.grouponworks.com/merchant-terms-and-conditions

Merchant is responsible for providing the product that is featured in a deal when he agrees to above terms. Groupon is a site where merchants can provide certain services and products as a form of advertisement. Any legal issues with product will hold merchant responsible.

I didn't find any issues raised about this product from customers who bought it before. But I understand not everyone has this deep knowledge of a product.

Since it's a third-party merchant, we can't give you 100% guarantee it will be exactly the product you intend you to be.

Hope this answers this issue, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back