• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pokes head into intimidating world of DP Forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokes head into intimidating world of DP Forum...

imaok4u

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So, I guessing I'm popping my cherry post. Here it goes....

Hello, I'm ~Rache, I'm from Reno, and Disney is awesome.

I'm not new to pin trading but I'm very much new to the forum stuff and the pin pics website (Still checking the boxes off of the "Want" "Trade" "Own").

My goal is to dive deeper in the pin trading worlds and hopefully make some new friends.

I have one request if you reply....please add a tip :). I've read the newbie forums but I can never gather enough information ;).

Thanks and God Bless!

Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is very helpful, and super nice! My tip: Don't just trade for yourself, trade to help others out also! :)

Hello and welcome to the second happiest place on earth...

My tip would be to not be shy and jump in with both feet... All of the members here are great and there is a ton of things to check out...

If newer to trading, the Pin Showroom has great pics of collections that you can look at to find new pins that you may not know about...

There are also tons of fun things here from pin games and pin auctions to Murder Mystery games...

I am sure you will enjoy the site...

Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is very helpful, and super nice! My tip: Don't just trade for yourself, trade to help others out also! :)

Yes, trade for others but don't go overboard. You don't have to zap someone with a pin every time someone requests for a trade and you feel the need to decline. However, if you feel the need to then be my guest! A little love doesn't hurt anyone. Anyways, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to DPF.
TIP - Look through all the threads and read a bit about everything, loads of interesting stuff. Try and look to those who have been trading for a while for advice.

Welcome to DPF! Tip... errr... tip... hmmm... oh here's one a lot of folks often ask about when they're new... you won't be able to post new threads in the trading and for sale forums until you get 30 posts and have been here for a number of days; however you can still reply in threads for said forums.

Wow! I'm loving your guys' feedback, and I will take it. I agree this is a bit of an overhaul, but I'm slowing getting my feet wet into the online realm. Trading in the parks with others I'm still getting used to, as I feel wicked bad for declining a trade but at the same time "getting used" to the feeling for helping others while discovering new pins. At this stage, I'm afraid of the "expert" pin traders because of their knowledge and examination of pins! LOL I don't blame them but hopefully I will be used to eager pin traders as I am turning into one of them.

So far I've looked at various posts of pin traders showing off their lanyards and pin boards. I must say I am quite impressed! There are some beautiful pins out there! And yes, setting a budget is super important as this can get way out of hand! I would imagine there are some broke pin traders that have some awesome pins lol!

Thanks again, I feel very welcome and I am enjoying it so far!

Hi Rache! I lived in Reno for about a year and a half. It was many years ago but it was friendly and I loved the weather! Summers were not too hot and winters not to long! It is always good to meet another Disney fanatic. My tip is to never trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it. Remember you never HAVE to trade. In the same area, don't be afraid to state why you are uncomfortable with a trade. The other person may see your side or there may be something they know that you didn't. Sometimes it is just a matter of not having any money left in the budget for mailing...(I had that problem this month) The people here are nice and many of them willing to help you out when you need it. Most of all have fun! ENJOY!

Hi Rache! I lived in Reno for about a year and a half. It was many years ago but it was friendly and I loved the weather! Summers were not too hot and winters not to long! It is always good to meet another Disney fanatic. My tip is to never trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it. Remember you never HAVE to trade. In the same area, don't be afraid to state why you are uncomfortable with a trade. The other person may see your side or there may be something they know that you didn't. Sometimes it is just a matter of not having any money left in the budget for mailing...(I had that problem this month) The people here are nice and many of them willing to help you out when you need it. Most of all have fun! ENJOY!

Thanks Rocke01,

I'm surprised to see you are down in Vegas. I bet you miss Reno! LOL I travel down to Vegas a couple of times a month for work, and I LOVE coming home to Reno lol! We are getting ready for the Big Annual Santa Pub Crawl and all the other stuff happening around town. I have a feeling we will have a big winter this season since last year we didn't have much for snow.

I'll have to keep an eye out for any Vegas trading events/parties whenever I travel down there. I have to go down again at the end of Thanksgiving.

Thanks again for the tip!

Hi Rache,

Welcome!!!

I have several tips for you.

The people here are for the most part really fun to deal with!!! Don't be afraid to ask questions when you have them, there are plenty of people who like to answer questions.

The biggest tip I can give you is to remember pin trading is supposed to be fun. It can be hard when you are starting, but think of it as a treasure hunt. The best treasures you have to work for.

The last tip I can give you, is if you ever have a question about anything pin trading feel free to pm me. I have been trading in the parks over 10 years and on pinpics for almost as long. If I don't know an answer I probably know who will. I have helped many of newbies and love to do so. Sometimes people forget that if it wasn't for new people coming in to our hobby it would just be a bunch of old timers just looking at other peoples pins and no trading going on.

Have fun!!!

Welcome! My advice: Limited Edition pins: get some. Hidden Mickey pins are fun to trade in the parks, but online it's a whole different ballgame. Metaphorically speaking of course.

Welcome!

Old tip but still works perfectly;

Do unto others as you would like others to do for you!"

Don't just ask, but be willing to find for others too. :)

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back