• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Princess Quote pins- Scrappers vs PinPics. I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Quote pins- Scrappers vs PinPics. I think!

opaleyes

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello! Ok, just to start, I am pretty sure both of the princess quote pins I have are scrappers. I got the Aurora pin from a lanyard at WDW, and Snow White from eBay. Here are pics of the pins I have below their pinpics photos.

pinpicsvsscraps.jpg

The colors on Aurora seem off. Her hair is too lemony yellow when it seems like it should be more golden. Also, the lines for her eyelashes don't have the same nice shape, and her eyes seem to be more blue. She has a glossy, smooth finish. The Snow White pin's colors are a lot closer, but her eyes are more reddish in tint on my pin, and she's missing eyelashes. This pin is slightly larger than the Aurora pin, and has a rough, matte finish.

So if they're both scrappers, (are they?) what should I look for in the real pin? Aside from color matching, should the real pin be glossy all of the way across, or matte? The back of both of these pins match the descriptions on pinpics. They have a lightly pebbled finish, and have the correct years and spellings. The pin posts each have one nub, but it is attached to the base of the post, not a separately attached nub.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'd like to collect the real versions of these pins. I was happy with the Aurora pin until I compared it to the picture on pinpics. Her colors don't look quite as awful in person as they do on the scan, but they're still not right. Heck, I wouldn't even mind getting the rest of the set as scrappers- but I'd want them to match. I've already told the seller of the Snow White pin that I'll be sending it back for a refund. I hate those matte, rough, scratchy looking finishes. Arrrgh.

Does anyone have photos of their Princess Quote pins that they can share, real or fake, for comparison?

Last edited:
I don't have these, but another thing to look at when picking these out is the Mickey icon. On the scrappers they are often blotchy and undefined or too small. Also, I believe that amost all legit Disney pins should have a glossy finish. Sometimes they are poorly made and don't have a nice finish but I would say the norm is for them to be glossy.

Yeah, I was fairly certain that they were scrappers, but I thought it was odd that despite both being scrappers, they were different. That is, one had almost correct colors, the other didn't. One was matte, one was glossy. And then the size differences. It was just weird.

Here's my Ariel:
photo(1).jpg

I don't know if she's authentic or not- her hair color is even, but dark, and the hidden mickey looks good? But I figured I wasn't going to trade her so I wouldn't worry too much. The note on pinpics said hair color was uneven on the bootlegs though...

Yeah, see, if it looks good enough that I can't tell, then I don't mind. It's when it's so obviously a fake- the lines are way off, the finish is matte and scratchy, etc that I get annoyed. As long as it looks fairly ok, it's ok with me b/c I know I won't be trading it. Thanks for posting the pic!

We have this set at home. Seems like the quote is really fat on the bad pins and Jasmine's Colors are way off like the Aurora Pins.

i dont have this set but also would say to look at the mickey ears. as i look at the pics you put up...there is like 3 diffrent ears... i also am careful of pinpics.... its a good help..but there is nothing to stop sumone from posting a bad pin at first...im sure it is not often...but could happen. i always look at the ears...i hate when sum are wrong size or blur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back