• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about Tinker Bell as Alice pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Tinker Bell as Alice pin

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
I have purchased this Tinker Bell as Alice pin 2 yrs ago right here on DPF. The seller was someone called "Kidup" and at that time he was exiting pin trading.

I got this pin along with 2 more pins from him and put them in one of my never ending boxes as usual. A while back, as I was going through my extra pins, I noticed 2 defects:

1. There is an indentation on the front foot on the white sock part between the 2 black parts, strap and front part of her shoe.

2. There is an inverted and vide "V" shape on her apron right below her waist. It is not a line or scratch. I could not capture it with my camera. It is definitely not a fill-level issue, because when I run my finger on it, I do not feel a dip on the surface. It is more like ... the flow of the enamel was changed in mid stream. This imperfection, this unevenness can only be seen by tilting the pin, and it is definitely not like 2 different shades of white.

So, the 1M question is are there known factory seconds/counterfeits of this pin? I shiver to hear the answer, but I must ask.

Here are the pictures. Sadly, they are not the best as my camera is really old. I would appreciate a little help with this.

alice3_zpsaab0ecc4.jpg

alice1_zps30607238.jpg

alice2_zps455aa335.jpg

alice4_zpsf0cbf890.jpg

Thank you for your time & looking :)

Ha ha .. she looks cross eyed, doesn't she? But, the eyes are fine. At some point, I had a total of 3 of these pins and all 3 were bought from different people - none directly from Disney though. The eyes, colors and everything else matched just fine among those 3.

The eyes are also in par with the Pinpics picture, although it might be concept art:

pin66024

However, it is those 2 defects that worry me. Especially that V-shaped imperfection in the skirt part of apron. I am thinking it is just a manufacturing mishap and that one pin escaped quality control which is not too great to begin with anyway. But, just to make sure ;)

Is there anyone out there who bought this directly out of Disney and who can chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back