• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question: Pins / Lanyards in carry-on bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Pins / Lanyards in carry-on bag?

Experiment626

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family is getting close to our annual WDW trip. But I have a question...

Can you put a Lanyard with Pins attached in your carry-on bags? I realize that the pin stems are rather short, but are "sharp". I'm probably paranoid, but has anyone traveled with their pins in carry-on bags with or without any problems at airline security?

My daughter wants to have her lanyard at the ready as soon as we arrive. But with the Disney Magical Express, our checked bags won't arrive right away.

Thanks in advance!

I have flown a few times with pins in my carry-on and have never had a problem. I have only flown Continental with pins. I have heard of people getting them stolen out of their checked luggage, but I have also never had a problem with that either.

I have definitely had an entire bag full of pins stolen from the checked luggage. We were leaving from LAX going to WDW for a week and one bag was taken straight from out of the luggage. It was awful. Be wary of checking them.

They are not going to give you any problems for lapel pins. It will not be a problem.
They dont make you remove a tie-tack either.
Dont worry. If you are worried, call the airlines and they will tell you its ok.

I've flown many times across the pond & have always taken my pins as carry-on - usually in trade bags!! There is the odd question from the UK security (no searches) & I have had my carry on searched twice when using internal US flights (New York & Vegas) but never a problem. I was told by TSA that if you lay the pins out in the bags then it is less likely to be searched as they can determine the pins from their shape through the scanner - however if you have a "Lump" of pins then it may cause a search. Security at Orlando & LA are well used to the pins going backwards & forwards & I think Dan mentioned that some of them trade as well - so make sure that lanyard is at the ready!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back