• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

questions about selling

questions about selling

believe13

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been registered on the forum for over a month and have made 30 posts. Why is it that I still can't make a sales thread? I just made the 30th post though. Does it take a while or something? Also, if I have a whole list of multiple items I want to sell, instead of listing every single thing, am I allowed to make a general list and then attach a link to my flickr with pictures and prices? Or does everything have to be done in a thread post? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

From what I've seen, the privileges usually take a little while to kick in after making the 30th post, or after waiting the proper period of time, so I wouldn't be alarmed. If it doesn't show up by tomorrow, then it probably wouldn't hurt to check in with a mod and make sure everything is right (well actually it definitely wouldn't hurt- from what I've seen, I'm confident the mods are nice here ;P)

As long as you have set prices for each items, I see nothing wrong with linking pictures from a flickr account. Maybe as a suggestion you could even just post the list and prices on the thread, and paste the picture links in the thread?

I'm sure more will be able to assist, but hope this helps a little, and all the best in your selling/trading!!

What Story has said about the posting permissions is correct; they are set to update on a rolling schedule, granting access to members as they meet the minimum requirements. The thing is, if you meet the minimum requirements between scheduled updates, you might have to wait a little while (I don't know the time intervals between said updates) until the next one, but it shouldn't be too long. If you can't start threads in the Marketplace within 24 hours of meeting the minimum requirements, send the DPF Staff a PM and we'll look into it.

As far as pricing things in a sales thread, everything just needs to be clearly priced (you aren't allowed to leave items unpriced or have 'make offers'). As long as this condition is met, I think what you're describing might be okay ... but if it isn't, one of the DPF Moderators will contact you and let you know that it needs to be modified. If you have any questions regarding any of the Marketplace rules, please don't hesitate to contact any of the DPF Staff; we are here to help and just a mouse click away.

I have another question! Lol Are we allowed to do price check threads? I don't see any anywhere, but I have no idea what I should ask for a lot of stuff. And I guess I kind of need a definite price to make a sales thread.

I have another question! Lol Are we allowed to do price check threads? I don't see any anywhere, but I have no idea what I should ask for a lot of stuff. And I guess I kind of need a definite price to make a sales thread.

You can but if it's a lot, you're better off checking ebay for past SOLD items (not current listings)

Yea, I did check but a lot of my items aren't on there. And the ones that were are so varied. That's why I don't really like using ebay for pricing. You can get someone who priced an item to low and someone snatched it up, or vice versa they priced it to high and no one knew any better.

Thanks for the help anyway though! :) Maybe I'll make a price check thread then. Where would I post such a thing?

Hi there,
...I am un sure if anyone of you members will even see this post since it looks like no one has commented since last year, making the post i am about to submit- useless. But if anyone is out there, I am NEW to this forum/website. I came across it while looking online for the values of pins. I've read that e-BAY is a horrible and untrustworthy source for giving me such information. So i am hoping by joining this with you all, I can have better luck. I am in posession of hundreds of unique, diverse, and some quiet expensive pins i have collected since i was, hmm... to put it easily I have over 10 years of collected pins. All sorts! I am no master, I am aware the pin trading/collecting craft is huge and my prime years collecting were when I was young, but I am confident in the quality of my collection so I am hoping with your help, I can disocover the value of these cherished babies...And possibly profit back a little of what my poor mom, (and myself) dished out years ago. If anyone is out there, please help!

How do I share with you all, and I guess others interested in, my collection of pins?
And how exactly does this website work.... Only trading pins? Or selling/buying?
My collection is beautiful....yet I am a college student looking to sell pins, and there are other pin lovers out there who may find a few or many of mine valuable (because i have no idea the value other than the price i paid) or maybe want to just simply add to their collection.

Please help me out! I am allowing users to contact me via e-mail on this site, in my profile.

Eager to learn and Share my pins!
KRuELA<3

Hummm ,you could post a link to your pins I think on the anything goes forum and ask opinion on them,
I would love to see your pins ,I have been trading and collection over 14 years ,since pin trading started

Hi there,
...I am un sure if anyone of you members will even see this post since it looks like no one has commented since last year, making the post i am about to submit- useless. But if anyone is out there, I am NEW to this forum/website. I came across it while looking online for the values of pins. I've read that e-BAY is a horrible and untrustworthy source for giving me such information. So i am hoping by joining this with you all, I can have better luck. I am in posession of hundreds of unique, diverse, and some quiet expensive pins i have collected since i was, hmm... to put it easily I have over 10 years of collected pins. All sorts! I am no master, I am aware the pin trading/collecting craft is huge and my prime years collecting were when I was young, but I am confident in the quality of my collection so I am hoping with your help, I can disocover the value of these cherished babies...And possibly profit back a little of what my poor mom, (and myself) dished out years ago. If anyone is out there, please help!

How do I share with you all, and I guess others interested in, my collection of pins?
And how exactly does this website work.... Only trading pins? Or selling/buying?
My collection is beautiful....yet I am a college student looking to sell pins, and there are other pin lovers out there who may find a few or many of mine valuable (because i have no idea the value other than the price i paid) or maybe want to just simply add to their collection.

Please help me out! I am allowing users to contact me via e-mail on this site, in my profile.

Eager to learn and Share my pins!
KRuELA<3

Hello,

I think what happen is when a new member post with a link the thread/post will be moderated and nobody can see it. Sometimes I am good with going through them and sometimes I forget but if you see this on one of your post please let us know so we can fix it.

Back