• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Realized I hadn't posted in this one yet. xD Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realized I hadn't posted in this one yet. xD Hello!

Kahlan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In my first post of my LE 25 of Simba, I posted that I came here to read about the scrappers and counterfeits and such. I've always been into pins, but was only allowed a pin on a trip when I was younger, so my collection only grew by a little each time. I recently got into pin trading when I went on my last trip in June with my boyfriend and his parents, and expanded my collection of Simba QUITE a bit! I'm an avid lover of Simba, as he's been my favorite ever since it came out in 1994. :3 I may have only been born two years before that, but he's been a massive part of my childhood, and I have quite a few stuffed animals of him.

I am eager to get into the trading business, but I only have one problem... I don't want to trade any of my pins! :c I love them all too much to trade them. I'm perfectly content paying for pins with cash, but I don't have any traders at the moment, and when I go next time I plan to pick up quite a few traders from the stores so I can avidly get into this interesting hobby!

Hello to everyone in this pin community! :)

-Kahlan

Greetings, Kahlan! I'm so glad you found this forum!

I think it's okay that you don't have any traders yet. I collected for two full years before I got started with trading, and I'm soo glad I had that chance to learn more about the pins, what makes a good trade request, questions to ask before making a trade, and warning signs to look for to avoid scrappers/counterfeits.

This forum will definitely help you with all of the above. And when you do start trading, you'll already have friends, whom you will know and trust, with whom you can trade. And they will be able to help you if you have any questions!
Welcome to DPF! I hope to trade with you someday! :lgm:

Thank you again Judy! :) I'm glad for the help on my LE 25!

Haha yeah, same with me. I was getting pins from around near a decade before I started getting into trading, so all I have IS keepers. xD It makes it hard to want to trade for things. xD That is very true PixarPerils! I am so glad to be part of a great community like this, and seeing all the awesome pins there are out there. Some I've never seen before! Thank you, and possibly in the future. :D

Thank you Dumbolover! I've noticed... I've gone on a buying spree with these pins.. but thankfully none look like scrappers from what I can tell, so I'm quite pleased. I usually only buy from players on ebay who have near perfect rating so that I can almost assure that it is positively genuine.

Thank you Breadnbutterflies! :)

Last edited:
Welcome.

If you are planning to pick up some traders, you might consider buying from someone here. People periodically offer lots of traders on the forums here, and they'll be cheaper than you can get them at the parks.

Hello another Simba lover!

Welcome to the forum! The first major pins I collected were of the Lion King - I collect all the Lions - mostly Simba and Nala though. Do you have a PinPics ID - would love to see your Simba collection. You can check mine out at leopardpolkadotspots although you have to go through 12 pages :S

Happy pin trading / purchasing :)

Welcome and when you get traders, make sure they are limited and a character you can live with for awhile. >^..^<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back