• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Removing scratches off 17" le doll boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing scratches off 17" le doll boxes?

Brii59

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know If there is a way to remove scratches off the plastic film of the disney limited edition 17" dolls. I have a huge scratch on one of the boxes right by the dolls face, and its really distracting . I was thinking of maybe using some kind of cd scratch removal solution. I don't know I want to try something and maybe try it with a q-tip on a small part of the area to see how it's affected, I don't want to compromise the clarity of the box with a solution that may haze/ cloud up the film so I can't see through it at all! If any one has any experience with this, please help!

I think it's a great idea to try a cd removal. It's a cheaper alternative! But if that doesn't work I know that Novus is used to remove scratches. I had a friend who fixed up the helmet of his Buzz Lightyear with that solution ;)

Thanks I did see that on amazon but I wasn't sure if it would be good for this type of plastic but I will test it out!

If I were you I'd test a small corner of it because the plastic may not react the same with different chemicals and you could end up making the problem worse!! Good luck!

I know that this was originally posted nearly 2 years ago but I was wondering if you were successful in removing the scratches? I have a few hairline scratches on my LE Anna that's really getting to me and I'm wondering if you found a solution? Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back