• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reputable Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputable Sellers?

KristieD

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone happen to have, for sure,
reputable seller names for pins on
eBay and/or Amazon?
I'm twitchy about buying pins
online now since I read the fake pin thread xP

I mean, do these pin
backs look legit?
$_35.JPG

Not on eBay or Amazon but everythingdisneypins.com is 100% scrapper-free. I have purchased from them multiple times without any issues - even pins that are super commonly scrapped have always been 100% authentic from them.

Not on eBay or Amazon but everythingdisneypins.com is 100% scrapper-free. I have purchased from them multiple times without any issues - even pins that are super commonly scrapped have always been 100% authentic from them.

There are some legitimate sellers on eBay and Amazon but you have to be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some legitimate sellers on eBay and Amazon but you have to be cautious.

Oh yes, agreed! I buy lots of genuine pins on eBay :) I just meant that the website I was providing was not eBay or Amazon, as requested by OP.

Thanks for the comments
NewlyAddicted and 1313Harbor.
I checked pinpics and I'm pretty sure
that the pins in that picture I posted have
"Maden China" instead of "Made in China"
stamped on their backs :(

I'm glad for the signs to look for
in fakes but if you're going to go
through the trouble of making fakes
then why make such a dumb mistake
as a grammar or spelling error? o.0

Actually Pinpics is missing scrapper information on a lot of faked pins. Don't trust that as your only source.

Pinpics is derived of member generated information so if you know of scrapers out there that they do not have information on please submit that info. That way more accurate records will be available.

Pinpics is derived of member generated information so if you know of scrapers out there that they do not have information on please submit that info. That way more accurate records will be available.

Most of us know that PinPics is derived from member provided information. The problem is that a lot of that information about scrappers and fakes that used to be there was deleted (I think there are past discussions about that)

I contributed years of information and hundreds of listings and photos to the original site. Just as many other regulars did. When it mattered and was kept updated and accurate on an hourly basis by all of us. It doesn't anymore since they alienated so many of their main contributors and what contributors they do have post a lot of incorrect info. It's far too late to close the barn door now after so many years of lost opportunities and information. It just can't be fixed at this point or all the holes filled in.

Last edited:
I contributed years of information and hundreds of listings and photos to the original site. Just as many other regulars did. When it mattered and was kept updated and accurate on an hourly basis by all of us. It doesn't anymore since they alienated so many of their main contributors and what contributors they do have post a lot of incorrect info. It's far too late to close the barn door now after so many years of lost opportunities and information. It just can't be fixed at this point or all the holes filled in.

Well that is extremely disappointing to hear! What other resources are out there to find pin information?

Well that is extremely disappointing to hear! What other resources are out there to find pin information?
A member here tried to create a rival pin database a few years ago but reportedly PinPics threatened to sue them till they shut it down.

I like the current proposed wikia idea as it's similar to the original intentions of the first creators of PinPics (not the current owners) - a database of pin information of the people, by the people, for the people with an open exchange of info and no claim of "ownership" of what is publicly contributed - but unfortunately, so many of the most informed people were driven out of the hobby over the past few years, there are very few left still in it from the earliest days with the most info. So it may simply be too late.

I've only bought a handful of pins from amazon but always had good luck. I pretty much exclusively use ebay for buying pins. I've only gotten fake pins twice and once was because I read the scrapper warnings wrong on pinpics so that one was my fault. As long as you don't buy the pin lots and don't just buy pins with pinpics pictures on them, you should be fine. I usually only consider buying the pin if there are multiple pictures of the pin listed. So far I've had great luck, even with pins with scrappers out there.

Why are more traders not showing support to Ryan? Pin database is up and running.

WWWDD

Last edited:
PinTradingDB.com Is the name of the other site started by a member here after the other new site was forced to shut down by pin pics.

WWWDD

Last edited:
Why are more traders not showing support to Ryan? Pin database is up and running.

WWWDD
Probably because most are unaware of it. I hadn't heard anything about it in a while and wasn't sure it was still running.

I added a thread about this and other sites that could help our hobby. It's in the anything goes. Find not want to hijack this thread. Thanks

WWWDD

yes http://www.pintradingdb.com/ is still running.. though it is still growing. It is like Pinpics in that it relies on member adds. especially for older pins. Currently is only has 12671 pins listed, but is growing. We also use it for a chatroom since DPF's chat no longer works for most of us. I heard if you have tapatalk you can get it, but most of us don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back