• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scary new scrapper images from China????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary new scrapper images from China????

disney5

No Bobby gets left behind!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We JUST received one of those terrible emails from China that usually contain scrapper images... They are promising "Good LE Units" that are priced "good" and "quality is guaranteed". Take a look at what was the content of the email:
newscrapperimages.jpg

newscrapperimages2.jpg

What is the deal here? The Kevin pin and Hitchhiking Ghost pins have never even been seen before, right? The Tangled pin is not yet released. These are mostly DSF, DLR, and WDI pins. These are pictures of actual pins, not just concept art. They appear to be nice quality pins with no dull color, etc. The pins all seem to have their screened-on paint. What gives?? This is creepy...

Makes me wonder if the pics they send of the pins are actually the real ones, and what you get is slightly off

Makes me wonder if the pics they send of the pins are actually the real ones, and what you get is slightly off

We were wondering the same thing! Either they are really good knockoffs -or - he's stealing the real deals before they are packaged and shipped out?? Or maybe he took a picture of 1 real pin and will send the buyers scrappers of that pin? Some of the pins seem like fine quality, yet, some look like they are just slightly damaged with scratches or marks or missing jewels...

surely if disney was informed of names,address,etc of people selling them,then something could be done about it,this applies to people selling them on again on ebay aswell.it is reckin our hobby

One would think, but look at Hasbro. There has been Transformers knock offs for years now and they are really no closer to ending those than Disney is to ending these

Is the letter from a casting comp or an individual?, If a company, then there are things to worry about, an individual, then not so much . Just my opinion, An individual working at or attempting to make some extra cash is not a problem, the casting company that produces by the thousands is a different story entirely!!!!

The email is from an individual representing a company. He even had the email address, phone numbers, fax numbers, and location address for the company in China that he is with!! As always, we forwarded everything to Disney and pinpics.

We don't post the contact information as we don't want people to purchase scrapper/unauthorized/counterfeit pins. After all, how do you break a company? Don't give them the money to run on!

(Sorry those of you that want Kevin bad enough to buy these...RESIST buying a knock-off! Love the pin hobby enough to wait for the real deal!)

I thought it was bad enough with the 'standard' OE pins ... but now DSF and WDI pins also?!? :anxious: This is really scary, but as I've said, I'd rather know what the situation is than bury my head in the proverbial sand and pretend that it doesn't exist. Thanks for posting about this and making us aware of this. :sad:

Grrrrr, this irritates me because I have of those ones that are released as traders and now that makes them basically worthless!

I don't really think there's anything Disney can do. They don't care about copyrights in China. Bill Gates couldn't do anything about it, I doubt Disney can either.

Disney probably has no real power. China has power in numbers and have you seen their fake Disneyland? They're all about the fake lol

ignore attachment- meant for other thread (it's me messing with a scrapper)

Last edited:
There is something about these pics that just does not sit right.
The previous post about scrappers I believe but something about this is not right.

And why are all of the pics originated from Photobucket?
They usually send them in a document with all pics payed out, not spearate pics of each pin.
Something is not right here. And they almost always number their pins with their own numbers. They would not leave it with you saying, I want 10 Kevin, 20 sparkle princess, it just does not work that way.

Something is just NOT RIGHT!

There is something about these pics that just does not sit right.
The previous post about scrappers I believe but something about this is not right.

And why are all of the pics originated from Photobucket?
They usually send them in a document with all pics payed out, not spearate pics of each pin.
Something is not right here. And they almost always number their pins with their own numbers. They would not leave it with you saying, I want 10 Kevin, 20 sparkle princess, it just does not work that way.

Something is just NOT RIGHT!

Don't get jumpy on the Photobucket thing....WE have to upload the photos to our Photobucket account OURSELVES in order to post them on the forum. These photos were NOT originally from Photobucket in the first place!

As for everything else, yeah, these aren't the typical scrapper images emails that everybody has been receiving in the past. That is why, in essence, these emails are scarier because they are not the norm. This "David" INDEED states that he sells the pins individually, not just in bulk!

Look, we don't know what this guy's scheme is, but we're just advising to STAY AWAY from him! Any way you look at it, there is no LEGITIMATE way that this guy can sell these pins. There are pins in the photos that HAVE NOT (YET?) BEEN released by DISNEY! And this guy has photos of actual pins! That should give you a clue as to just how shady this guy really is.

It looks like the Chip and Dale candy pin in pin-on-pin. Are there other counterfeits that are 3D like this? I had heard before that those weren't been counterfeited... yet. Has that now officially changed??

Can anyone explain this sudden increase in people getting e-mails about scrapper pins!? This week alone there have been at LEAST 3!! Just curious, are you getting these e-mails through people from eBay or from DPF or just randomly? I was just wondering how they choose who to send these e-mails to. It's all very creepy. Looks like we have to be extra vigilant! Pin on pin and jeweled eyes for Jack on scrappers!? I know they've done fake pin on pin before, but all this new attention to detail will def. make it harder to separate the real from the fake.

As I mentioned in one of the other post, it is not out of the ordinary. They have just recently stumbled onto this new site and have fresh people to try to sell. It happened on the other site just as much, you are just new here.

This is how they find people, by going to pin sites and firums. Who else would need to buy pins.

And the worse part is I guarantee you that 2 of 100 people on this very site will probably buy some.
Thats the scary part but its not the holidays or anything, just new blood they have found.

If you started a new site tomorrow, eventually they will find it and slicite everyone they can.

We get these directly from the companies in China. Ebay, DPF, etetera are not involved in the emails. No where on this forum do we display our actual email address. We think they are still just getting the email addresses from Pinpics. And some of our friends on Pinpics who are not on other forum websites have been receiving the same emails. It's doubtful that we're all of the sudden getting these more frequently just because of DPF started or something like that. As someone else has already posted somewhere on the forums, the holidays are here and this company probably just wants to take advantage of the holiday sales. (Bah Humbug! :eeyore:)

It looks like the Chip and Dale candy pin in pin-on-pin. Are there other counterfeits that are 3D like this? I had heard before that those weren't been counterfeited... yet. Has that now officially changed??

I heard they dont touch pin on pin etc but looks like they have as the DSF El Capitan NBC pin has jack as pin on pin (Im going from the picture only) so if it is then maybe we have more to worry about now :S

Yes I know, I figured that out and told it to another member, and they reported them to PinPics. He was then removed and banned from there. In his PinPics ID it had all of the pins that were from the email from a guy David in China. What a scam.

This is very unsettling.

I've never received a solicitation via email to buy pins. Can we take a poll or something to find out how many of us have received this kind of email? I'm curious. (And I'm still not clear on how the scammers are getting email addresses. Can someone please explain?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back