• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scifi Academy Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scifi Academy Event

fluffycat1

Cute and fluffy >^..^
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Hello,

Had a great time meeting everyone at the event. We introduced ourselves and met several wonderful members from DPF. Several which enjoyed meeting Paula and wish they could forget me. >^..^< we had a blast and look forward to seeing what people thought of the event.

Sorry, no pictures on our end. Most people were in the trader lines going after the boards. Some of our DPF members were cursed. What I mean is, they stood in a very long line to get their pins and when they did, bam-they refreshed the boards. Caligirl got hit once on that curse. There wasn't much trading in the main room, but people were trading while waiting in line. Saw sneak peek of upcoming pins and the POM film pins will be: Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmation, Pinocchio, and I can't recall the other one. Nursek8 might remember more, I am a natural blond so I'm a ditz.

Sorry, no pictures on our end. Most people were in the trader lines going after the boards. Some of our DPF members were cursed. What I mean is, they stood in a very long line to get their pins and when they did, bam-they refreshed the boards. Caligirl got hit once on that curse. There wasn't much trading in the main room, but people were trading while waiting in line. Saw sneak peek of upcoming pins and the POM film pins will be: Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmation, Pinocchio, and I can't recall the other one. Nursek8 might remember more, I am a natural blond so I'm a ditz.

that happened to silvercreek as well ! also sword in the stone for pofh in december. i can remember that one but there is one more and it escaped my memory. LOL and you are not a ditz

Any news on the Alice auction.

Yes it went for $2500 a very determined husband and wife team were bidding on it every time someone out bid them and what i was told were prepared to spend alot more than that!!! they also won the little mermaid lot as well! but i dont know what the final bid was I was out when it went over $250. oh well no big deal for me! my wallet was happy!

OMG the event was sooooooo much fun!!!! Everyone I know walked away with at least 10 AP's!!!! I got 2 Dumbo AP's :0) This was my first event and I couldn't be happier!! Lines took about 25-30 mins to get thru and you could get two pins per turn in your 30 second time. There were 4 color coded rooms with three boards each and you could visit each room 4 times!!!!! Most people (myself included) spent the entire time in the board lines . . . I was pulling at least one AP every turn!!!! CM's did a great job of refreshing the boards every 30 mins!!! It was wonderful and yes I fell victim to having the refreshed boards come in during my turn - which kinds stinks but there were still good pins left!!

I know quite a few of the members here pulled AP's of the Alice Mystery Cards from the unevent. Everyone seemed to be having a great time talking and pin trading in lines :0) I had a wonderful time and it was sooo great to meet some of you!!! I hope to see more of you at the My D pins event!!!!

As for the auction, Yeah a lady won the Alice auction for around $2,400 . . . sorry I didn't get any pictures of the event - and it was great to see the upcoming pins!!! The POMH and the classic D's - which the ones I remember are Tea cups and Matterhorn. Since POMH's have already been listed I wont list them again.

Yeah, it was a ton of fun! I walked away with 45 AP/PP pins from the cast members and boards. Pretty good day, but there was no one in the trading area. Everyone was going to the boards over and over again. I think I only made 4 trades with guests. The rest were with cast members.

I was at DLR yesterday. They sure have a lot of the sci fi academy pins & sets left over. They are even trying to sell the leftovers at Disneyana on Main St! They've dedicated a whole wall to the pins! They must not be selling as well as thought. Was the event even sold out? My guess is, not.

Too bad it was on a Friday :( I was working, or else I would have been there for event coverage/pics, as I usually am :)

I was at DLR yesterday. They sure have a lot of the sci fi academy pins & sets left over. They are even trying to sell the leftovers at Disneyana on Main St! They've dedicated a whole wall to the pins! They must not be selling as well as thought. Was the event even sold out? My guess is, not.

Did you also notice they have some WDW Star Wars Weekends pins in the Disneyana store? They're in the glass counter.

Were there any of the Star Tours Piece of History or Mystery packs up on the wall?

Were there any of the Star Tours Piece of History or Mystery packs up on the wall?

I'm at the Resort right now. They still have the Star Tours Piece of Film History in Disneyana and Little Green Men. There's been a few places where I've seen those game mystery packs, including Little Green Men.

Maybe not the best picture, but you can see what is left over (as of yesterday. I'm sure these pins are still available.).
DSCI3580.jpg

We had a great time and we really enjoyed meeting several DPF members. Our experience started off with a CM Lanyard trade for the Stitch AP pin / pinpics #85339:

pin85339

We spent most of our time in the board trading rooms - we made it through 14 of the possible 16 trades. We got several APs and a few PPs. It would have been nice to have had the CM lanyards refreshed more often.

We were able to get 4 items signed by Chris Chapman and we had a nice time talking with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back