• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Share your Brass Key Porcelain Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Share your Brass Key Porcelain Dolls?

serafina

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone else have them?

These are my two that I recently aquired - Aurora arrived today! *squeal* I deboxed the Ariel, Aurora was already deboxed

Crystal Dream Ariel and Aurora
arielatnight_zps357d5b65.png~original

ariel8_zpsd573d905.jpg~original

Their non-display-side-hands are clunky and RUBBISH

craphand_zpse448654d.jpg~original

But, HER SHOES HAVE CUTE LITTLE SHELLS!

arielshoe_zps7f57b693.jpg~original

Aurora!

Brass key have ...for some reason...made the dress fasten at the *front*. With velcro. I might have to make alterations (remove the velcro - it's really thick)

aurorafront_zpsd17e1731.png~original

auroraback_zps28716ea3.png~original

I adore Arora's Hair curls!

Too bad about the weird left-hands and strange upper-front-of-dress-velcro

I would like to see your Brass Key dolls too if you have any :)

Last edited:
wow! thanks for sharing! I've always admired the brass key dolls from afar but never actually gotten one (a lot of the aurora dolls have straight blunted bangs that really bother me :p)

ariel is absolutely STUNNING. the dress is airy and perfectly pink, and I adore all the little details like her shoes and, especially, her earrings.
I love this aurora's head sculpt and hair!!! she's quite lovely, but I think her dress is somehow lacking now that I see ariel haha (plus I wish it were blue ;)). but I like the teardrops on her peplum and the floral lace on the back panel.

best of luck with your collection :D

wow! thanks for sharing! I've always admired the brass key dolls from afar but never actually gotten one (a lot of the aurora dolls have straight blunted bangs that really bother me :p)

ariel is absolutely STUNNING. the dress is airy and perfectly pink, and I adore all the little details like her shoes and, especially, her earrings.
I love this aurora's head sculpt and hair!!! she's quite lovely, but I think her dress is somehow lacking now that I see ariel haha (plus I wish it were blue ;)). but I like the teardrops on her peplum and the floral lace on the back panel.

best of luck with your collection :D
Thanks I'm glad you like, I was super excited to obtain them :) Yeah Dark Blue would be my first choice of colour for Auora too ;). Aurora's dress is quite terrible at the top, the white ribbon is only attached in about three places (and it's...just a ribbon.) The sleeves are not attached to the rest of the dress, uuurgh. And it's fastened at the front with thick velcro) but I do love the lower half of the dress, and her face and hair are perfect! The crown is basically a large sequin but I really like it :D She has really beautiful 'display sides' (right side, back, back 3/4) and a rubbish non display side (left side, front, front 3/4) but I can live with that XD Ariels dress is much more nicely made , both top and bottom half, but still has the Velcro issue. I don't like her face as much as Aurora's, but she's so cute anyway.
Is there a list or something so you know its part of that brass key set...

I have a couple..i think..but mine seem different
Ah, it seems kind of difficult to find information on Brass Key Dolls, they don't seem to have been compiled by somebody all in one place. (On that note...are they out of business or something? I can't find info...) Anyway I only really know about this particular set because I am so interested in it. I think a lot of Brass Key dolls are proportioned like traditional porcelain dolls (larger and with larger heads) there is very significant difference in size and shape between sets, lots of variation. I guess you could search the internet for a picture of your doll still in the box, and that would tell you the set it belongs to?

Ok, I got really into researching the 14" Brass Key dolls recently. I am particularly interested in the 14" high dolls that have 'barbie-like' proportions (smaller heads and longer legs, like Barbie, rather than classic porcelain doll proportions). A LOT OF THIS IS GUESSWORK, I only currently own two. I am finding information by looking at other peoples photo's and some info may be wrong.

I think these are all the sets that fit my description: Princess Stardust (2007), Enchanted Evening (2007/8?) (NOT Enchanted Tales), Crystal Dream (2008/9), Celestial Princess(2009?), Classic Movie Memories (2009?), and Silhouette/Starlit Collection (2009?) .

Stardust Collection (2007) I THINK are the earliest 14" that are proportioned this way? The theme- starry spirals. They have metallic looking starry wire that spirals around them. The starry wire is gold for all princesses except Ariel who has Blue and Cinderella who has silver. In this set are Snow White,Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel (Mermaid form), Belle and Jasmine.

Enchanted Evening (2007/8?): The theme - It looks like they are dressed for a cold evening. Some of them have added fur/capes/sleeves for example. There are Snow White,Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle only.

Crystal Dream (2009?): (my favourite) The theme - they seem very close to movie appearance, can't see any crystals on the dolls... They have a long 'train'at the back of their dresses. I think they just called Crystal Dream because there is a cardboard crystal chandelier in the box art, with a plastic crystal hanging from it. There are : Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel (human form), Belle and Jasmine.

Celestial Princess(2009?): The Theme - the dolls sit on Cardboard Crescent Moons with the packaging and there are stars that light up in the box (think there must be a button to press) the dresses are very form fitting and don't flare out. There are Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel (mermaid) Belle and Jasmine.

Classic Movie Memories: The theme: recreates a memorable scene from the movies. They sit surrounded by cardboard cut-outs of other characters and settings, 'posed' dynamically as if in the action of doing something. There is: Snow White (singing to animals in the forest) Cinderella (stepping into her carriage) Aurora (singing to animals in the forest), Ariel (when she sings 'Under the Sea') Belle (when the Beast gives her the mirror) and Jasmine on the carpet with Aladdin.

Silhouette/Starlit collection (not sure which to call it, try both if searching). These are a bit like the Disney designer collection in concept. The dolls have form-hugging dresses and are carrying purses. In the set are Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella and Belle only.

ABOUT FACES

I THINK Crystal Dream and Celestial Princess dolls share the same faces, (both mould and paint) it looks to me like they do.

I THINK Enchanted Evening have similar different faces to Crystal Dream and Celestial. The Belle definitely looks very different to me, not sure about the others...Cinderella may or may not share the same face.

I am pretty sure Movie Moments and Silhouette share the exact same faces (with eyes and lashes printed on, instead of inserted glass/acrylic eyes with lashes).

I think the Princess Stardust Collection are the earliest of these and their faces are different to all the other sets too.
--
Other 14" Brass key dolls, for example, Enchanted Tales, have more classic porcelain doll proportions. Like larger heads, shorter legs. Most Brass key dolls are proportioned more like that for example the 16" dolls, though there are many differences between the 16" sets also.

--
The Brass Key official ste (if I am looking at the right one) is only updated until 2007? It does not include all of their dolls, only up until 2007. They were still producing Disney Dolls until at least 2009 and then I don't know what happened, maybe they are still in business but not making Disney products (NO IDEA) If anyone has any info I'd be interested to hear more about Brass Key.

Last edited:
I have to figure out which ones I have. They are HUGE. They must be between 18-20" tall. I have Belle in the yellow dress (really want the one of her in the burgundy cloak from the snow scene) and Aurora. My Aurora doesn't look like yours. Her dress is shorter, and looks like she is wearing ballerina shoes. Im not in love with my Aurora, I like yours so much better. But they do have lovely faces.

I love these but the size turns me off a little. I know that is crazy of me to say because I love the deluxe dolls And collect hem. I guess it's because I wanted the brass key dolls to be small figures i could put in my cabinets and then was surprised they were so big. I still want to collect them, but I don't know when I will start really collecting them. I have three but I haven't expanded beyond that

i need to take some pictures!

Im going to get rid of my Aurora. She is so big and not the exact one I wanted. Im keeping my belle even though she is HUGE but I just love her face. I want to get more but probably the smaller 14" onces.

Thanks for sharing! I of course love Ariel, but OMG, Aurora looks amazing and her hair is pure perfection!! I am in awe, I had never seen her before. I must acquire Aurora, she is one of my favorite princesses, after Ariel of course :)

Here's a size comparison thing:

height_zps3df5596a.jpg~original

Can people post more pictuuures???!!! I want to see what you guys have! XD

Also, does anyone know exactly what happened to Brass Key, I am of the impression they be longer trading since a few years ago? (unsure)

I realize this post is a little old, I am currently looking for the Crystal Dream collection from brass key. I think this is the best looking set of Brass Keys porcelain dolls, they are really becoming hard to find. Your dolls are just Beautiful.

I really want that Aurora and Ariel.

Its hard to tell which ones are the bigger ones. I had an Ariel and an Aurora and they were huge so I sold the Ariel and still trying to sell Aurora, but no one is biting. I might just keep her an debox her, even though Im not in love with her.

I still have my Belle. Even though she is HUGE, she is just so beautiful. Im trying to tracking down the 14" ones now.

Belle_zps2f0a69a8.jpg

Here is my Belle before I deboxed her. She is about 18" tall (maybe even more)

I was just able to pick up some of the Enchanted Tales dolls. The thing that confuses me is that there is a set that has the Princesses in dresses with more gold, then there is a set where the dresses have more colors mixed with gold. For instance Cinderella's dress is blue and gold in one set and in another her dress is just all gold. I'm really looking forward to seeing them in person, Their crowns also look to be more detailed. I will post some photos when I receive them.

I was just able to pick up some of the Enchanted Tales dolls. The thing that confuses me is that there is a set that has the Princesses in dresses with more gold, then there is a set where the dresses have more colors mixed with gold. For instance Cinderella's dress is blue and gold in one set and in another her dress is just all gold. I'm really looking forward to seeing them in person, Their crowns also look to be more detailed. I will post some photos when I receive them.

Cant wait to see them!

So I finally got my Enchanted Tales 2007 Brass key dolls:

I think that Aurora is very stunning her eyes are just lovely. Ariel is probably the one I am the most disappointed in, her face is just so plain, they gave her no makeup and..there is something else off about her face.

Here is Aurora next to an older Brass key Aurora I have, I can't remember what year she is from. But you can see the Sculpt is totally different and the 2007 dolls seem more proportionate than the later versions.

So I finally got my Enchanted Tales 2007 Brass key dolls:

I think that Aurora is very stunning her eyes are just lovely. Ariel is probably the one I am the most disappointed in, her face is just so plain, they gave her no makeup and..there is something else off about her face.

Here is Aurora next to an older Brass key Aurora I have, I can't remember what year she is from. But you can see the Sculpt is totally different and the 2007 dolls seem more proportionate than the later versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back