• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Should DPF require that sellers take payment as a 'purchase' rather than a 'gift'?

Should DPF require that sellers take payment as a 'purchase' rather than a 'gift'?

• Yes

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • No

Votes: 36 40.4%
  • Yes for presales but not for others

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
Just as a side issue (because ultimately I don't think it's relevant to whether or not there should be a rule) - if a seller is doing 200 transactions AND $20,000 in sales per year, why exactly is it unreasonable to expect him/her to keep a strict accounting of their sales and expenses for tax purposes?....because come on, that's a business....a perfectly legitimate business, but a business. $20,000 per year is more than $1600 per month...people picking up new releases for others at or near cost just aren't going to hit that threshold.

Just as a side issue (because ultimately I don't think it's relevant to whether or not there should be a rule) - if a seller is doing 200 transactions AND $20,000 in sales per year, why exactly is it unreasonable to expect him/her to keep a strict accounting of their sales and expenses for tax purposes?....because come on, that's a business....a perfectly legitimate business, but a business. $20,000 per year is more than $1600 per month...people picking up new releases for others at or near cost just aren't going to hit that threshold.

+1

to recieve a 1099, you need 20k and 200+ transactions.

I wont ever make 20k in a year with my piddly resales.
I offer my buyers to pay as good to make them feel more secure about their purchase.
The fees are so low, that my $2.00-$4.00 mark up covers it.

I just don't see how the tiny fee's Paypal does "hurt profits" from the people selling. Yeah, it adds up over time, but i don't add the fee's into my prices. Its not a business for me, it's just a way to off set the prices of my passes.

Back