• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Signatures allowed for members with "X" amount of posts?

Signatures allowed for members with "X" amount of posts?

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Over the last couple of days, I have flagged as SPAM a few posts that seem innocent enough though not making a lot of sense at times, not because of the post, but because of their signature. We have some people signing up, making a post or two, and then creating a signature that links people to sites where you can download movies, TV, etc. Not exactly kosher stuff. I have seen similar tactics on sites like EW.com, etc where people post in response to a story only to link to other sites.

Is there anyway to make it where in order to have a signature, especially one that links people away from this site, that you have so many posts, like 25 or 50. That should prevent people from just signing up and doing this, IMO.

While I believe your signature doesn't have to be directly disney/pin related, if its an underhanded advertising tactic that could potentially lead to a security risk then it should be regulated. I thought there was a rule anyway against linking to another website outside actually advertising one.

Back