• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sneak Peek: Merida Talking Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW she's so beautiful, i love her!! Thanks so much for posting this!! Why oh why disney?!!! My wallet is gonna hurt for a very loooong time after all these DS releases this year!! X-/

Thank you for posting Steve. She is wonderful, as are all the singing dolls this year. I was just looking at them in the DS and they really are beautiful and the price is so reasonable. So I am glad we will be getting the songless talking Merida. I wondered what happened to her.

I hope there will be a holiday Cinderella and maybe some special 12 inch Merida dolls. I remember in Rapunzel's first year they made quite a few versions. Also when Belle was the Diamond Edition princess , there was a 12 inch holiday doll in a dome style case that looked like the 17 inch doll's sculpt. So maybe these are coming but I know everyone is feeling the pain in the wallet too.

Merida Talking Doll - UK site info and images

BUMP- just spotted her on disneystore.co.uk for sale, my browser goes crazy on DS.com so I'm too sure about overseas! ;)
Thanks for the heads up!

Here's the link for the UK Disney Store site, the talking doll is not yet on the US site:
Merida 40cm Talking Doll

Here is the product information on the doll from the UK site:
Merida 40cm Talking Doll
Item No. 411044603117P
£20.00

Description
This beautiful doll of Merida from Brave is sure to liven up playtime! Merida appears with her trademark curly locks, sparkly satin dress, working bow and arrow, and speaks seven inspirational phrases, as featured in the film.

Product Details
•Talking doll
•Speaks 7 character phrases from Disney Pixar's Brave
•Posable limbs and working bow and arrow
•Requires 3 x AG13 (LR44) batteries
•H45 x W18 x D10cm approx
•Suitable for children aged 3 years+
•WARNING! Choking hazard, small parts
•Exclusive to Disney Store

The UK site has images differing from those found on the US site and posted by TheOtherSteve, so here they are:

Merida 40cm Talking Doll - Disney Store UK Product Image #1 - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Merida 40cm Talking Doll - Disney Store UK Product Image #2 - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Merida 40cm Talking Doll - Disney Store UK Product Image #3 - Midrange Front View - Bow and Arrow by drj1828, on Flickr

Merida 40cm Talking Doll - Disney Store UK Product Image #4 - Boxed by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
I promised myself I wouldn't collect any more dolls, other than the 17" LE ones. I might have to break that promise now :shock:

She's a great doll, you won't be disappointed, so glad they kept her cloak (without hood) and bow & arrow! From above the shadows make her seem she is frowning, probably because all the glitter on her dress. I hope at some point they make glow in the dark or light up wisps.

WOW! I think she is better looking than the one coming out with her mother if that is possible. I am sure this will be on the XMAS list for sure. Between the movie and my DD's new found fondness for the bow and arrow (Hunger Games) I am sure she will be living here soon.

Thank you for this teaser!

Not heard her speak yet, does anyone have a list of phrases she says? :lol: :)

I dont know all of the phrases she says but one is "I'm Starving" another is "Legends are Lessons" and she also does her I'm Merida 1st born bit ... I think theres one about "You're ... a bear" aswell too. Theres lots more too but I cant remember them all off the top of my head hehehe ;o)

I dont know all of the phrases she says but one is "I'm Starving" another is "Legends are Lessons" and she also does her I'm Merida 1st born bit ... I think theres one about "You're ... a bear" aswell too. Theres lots more too but I cant remember them all off the top of my head hehehe ;o)

Oooh, some nice phrases in there! :) I'm hoping for a couple more, guess I'll have to find out when I get her tomorrow! ^_^ :) <3

Not heard her speak yet, does anyone have a list of phrases she says? :lol: :)
Here's the full list, from a post on Flickr:
"You're...you're a bear"
"Legends are lessons, they ring with truth"
"I am Merida, first born descendant of clan Dunbroch"
"I'm starving, you hungry too Angus?"
"*Giggle*"
"Mum, you never guess what I did today, I climbed the Crones Tooth and drank from the FireFalls"
"Every once in a while, there's a day when I don't have to be a princess. No lessons, no expectations. Nothing to do but be me."

Here's the full list, from a post on Flickr:
"You're...you're a bear"
"Legends are lessons, they ring with truth"
"I am Merida, first born descendant of clan Dunbroch"
"I'm starving, you hungry too Angus?"
"*Giggle*"
"Mum, you never guess what I did today, I climbed the Crones Tooth and drank from the FireFalls"
"Every once in a while, there's a day when I don't have to be a princess. No lessons, no expectations. Nothing to do but be me."

Thanks so much! ^_^ <3 Although I was hoping for "If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?" :lol:

On a side note: they should do a singing Elinor doll that sings the little lullaby she sings to Merida <3 That would be sooo wonderful! ^_^

Last edited:
I picked mine up at the Disney Store today (since I didn't have enough money to pick up my Cruella yet), and so I will post up pics of her later. She is much quiter than the singing dolls, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back