• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sneak Peek: Merida Talking Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked mine up at the Disney Store today (since I didn't have enough money to pick up my Cruella yet), and so I will post up pics of her later. She is much quiter than the singing dolls, which is nice.

I got mine today too! Just got back from the store, and they had lots on display. Also I asked about the Cinderella Accessory Set and they had her in the back, not yet out on the floor! So I got her too, I'm so happy! The Cinderella Doll Gift Set they had still has the old erroneous faces, although the website has been corrected (again).

+1, I wish those singing dolls had a volume switch... anyone have any tops on how to quieten them down? :lol:

You could put tape over the holes of the sound box on the doll's upper back.

I really want her but kind of annoyed that she's so big because I wanted her to go with my 12" Elinor and she'll still tower over her! I don't like any if the 12" Meridas they've produced, she looks too simpering and not at all like herself!

I want to get her but she looks a lot like the standard Merida doll the Disney Store first released (which I have), so my husband is like, "No! It looks EXACTLY like the other one" and my best rebuttal is... "But her dress is all glittery and she talks!"

I feel like I'm 9 years old again :rofl:

Talking Merida Doll Photos

I got mine today too! Just got back from the store, and they had lots on display. Also I asked about the Cinderella Accessory Set and they had her in the back, not yet out on the floor! So I got her too, I'm so happy! The Cinderella Doll Gift Set they had still has the old erroneous faces, although the website has been corrected (again).
Here's a photo of my purchases, two Talking Merida Dolls, and a Disney Animators' Cinderella Accessory Set.

Talking Merida Doll and Cinderella Accessory Set - Disney Store Purchases 2012-10-16 by drj1828, on Flickr

Here is some photos of the Talking Merida Doll by herself:

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Boxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxing - Attached To Backing - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxing - Attached To Backing - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxing - Attached To Backing - Full Low Angle Front View - Shoes and Wire Around Ankles by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxed - Lying Down - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxed - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll - First Look - Deboxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Talking Merida Doll Review and Comparison to Other Merida Dolls

The Limited Edition Celebration Merida 18'' Doll, the Talking Merida 17'' Doll and the Classic Merida 11'' Doll are posed side by side. They were all released by the Disney Store in 2012; the Classic doll in April, the LE doll in June, and the Talking doll in October.

The Talking Merida Doll is a 17'' inch doll, with the same body and sound mechanism as the Disney Princess Singing dolls. She has articulation in her neck, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. Her feet are fixed in an angled position even though she wears flat shoes (that resemble leather boots). Her boots are the same design as the other Merida dolls, and the same medium brown color as the Classic doll; the LE doll has dark brown boots. Because her head is flatter (shorter in height) than the other princess dolls, she is actually about 16.25'' tall, rather than the 16.5'' of the Singing Princess Dolls. Because of the LE doll's stand (whose base is 1/2 inch tall), she is apparently 1/2 inch taller than the Talking Merida, although they are actually the same height. She has the same bow as the LE 17'' Merida Doll, with only one arrow (rather than the three of the LE doll) and no quiver. She is wearing a larger version of the Adventure dress and cape that the Classic 11'' Merida wears. The dress is dark teal (blue-green) with gold ruffled trim on the long sleeves and collar. It is satin densely covered with tiny blue glitter, which does shed quite a bit. The cape is a black knit that is very stretchy (the same construction as the cape on the 11'' doll), and tends to stick to the dress. Her hair is the same color and style as the LE 17'' Merida (and 11'' Classic Merida), but is not quite as full or curly. She has the same head mold as the LE 17'' Merida, but her face has a pleasant slightly smiling expression, rather than the fierce determined look of the LE 17'' Merida or the bulging eyes and goofy smirk of the 11'' Classic. She is a very pretty doll, and well worth the price ($29.50).

18'' LE Celebration Merida, 17'' Talking Merida and 11'' Classic Merida Dolls - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Talking Merida Doll Video

Video of the Disney Store's Talking Merida Doll. She is a poseable 17'' doll, who says seven phrases, one at a time, when you touch the button in the palm of right her hand with your bare finger. When you are finished hearing the seven phrases, the same phrases are repeated in the same order. Thanks to FloundersFolly on Flickr for transcribing the phrases.

1. "You're ... you're a bear!"
2. "Legends are lessons. They ring with truths."
3. "I am Merida. First born descendent of clan DunBroch."
4. "I'm starving! You hungry too, Angus?"
5. [Giggle]
6. "Mum, you never guess what I did today. I climbed the Crones Tooth and drank from the FireFalls."
7. "Every once in a while, there's a day when I don't have to be a princess. No lessons, no expectations. Nothing to do but be me."

She's not on the website as of right now unfortunately :( I am going to check my store next week again. I think my store is getting her at the same time they are getting Wreck it Ralph stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back