• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

So what do you think of the Sci Fi Academy pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think of the Sci Fi Academy pins?

unibear

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I just looked at the pdf of the pins for the Sci Fi Academy event. I have to say that I'm bummed out that there aren't more Stitch pins (he IS from outer space, you know), but I'm also relieved that I don't have to go to yet another event.

So what do you think about these pins? Are there any that you absolutely HAVE to get?

Um, Hello it's the start of KINGDOM HEARTS PINS.

I seriously am so excited.

Everything else has nice designs, jsut not what I am into.

I am going to go broke. I am sponsoring someone so there is the $70, plus if I get every pin I want from the RSP we are talking over $200 to boot!

I think I need to find a really really large space lazer , aim it directly at the folks who whined about WDW getting "the good pin events" and well to quote a contemporary; "Let you witness the awesome firepower of this fully operational battle station!?"

Did you see all that cool pins?????

ok , so I am old enough to remember the Orange bird, but I also could roll over any Atari system with one hand, and saw Tron and Star Wars, in the theaters.. ..The first time they were released. Originally!!

We get the stroll down retro lane, They get RALPH, one incredibly awesome medallion, all that uber cool geek stuff from our childhood,

AND A NEW 20000 Lgs pin too!!!!

Im going to take my dark powers into a corner and pout!!!

BBBBRRRRZZZZZZKKKKKKKLLEEEE<sound of my teleporter engaging!>

I shudder at the amount of money I am going to spend at this event. The retro arcade pins are amazing, I love the medallion lanyard, and and and I dont know what else to say except I am glad this event is in DLR.

excuse me? what about kingdom heart? i love that game.

pin83326

I seriously hope that they create more! :)

I literally want nothing from this event. I'm still trying to find out if I can go (might conflict with work), because if I can I'll offer myself up for sponsorship just to go and hang out. But purchase-wise, there's nothing for me. I'm not sure why they didn't spread the character balance around a bit better.

-JD

I have to say I do like the arcade pins. I am not a big sci fi fan, but think that they are pretty neat if you are into that kind of stuff :)

I love the arcade mystery set and the jumbo Mickey Sci-Fi and the jumbo Star Tours pin! The lanyard and annual pass pin are bomb! I love Sci-Fi and even though none of these pins are technically in my collection focus, but I have always loved Star Wars so I'm stoked. I'll get some of the pins for sure, but I won't be spending too much on myself.

i really would love the kingdom hearts pin and the stitch "take me to your trader" pin i can buy it if somebody is going and it is not getting it, or i can trade it for a fair trade. just FYI. there is a lot of pins but manny of them are just blah, but that is just my personal opinion. :)

Personally I am looking forward to the Jumbo Star Tours Piece of History pin, the Arcade set, and the trading bag. Going back and looking at the pictures that I took at Trade City, I'm a little disappointed at the fact that the Piece of Alderaan History didn't make the cut.

100_0690.jpg

I just realized the mystery pins are limited release and not limited edition. I was thinking of registering my non-pin collecting friend just so I could get some extras of those, but now I'm not sure if that will be necessary. Do you think they will have plenty available?

Nothing for me. Not even a Alpha, Gamma or Beta driving a space ship avoiding space squirrels!

Or, Carl holding the strings that leads up to a space ship of bubbles (looks like balloons)!

Or,

Or,

Or...................................

Have we all forgotten about last year's disastrous pin event? And this one costs more? And is on a Friday? Sorry, I'm going to pass (for the first time in six years!) Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three time I'm not getting fooled again!

When Steve Miller is gone, I will come back to trading....

Well, I would love the jumbo Mickey icon pin. (R.A.L.F. Time Travel Jumbo) So if anyone who is going would be willing to buy it for me, I could pay pal you the money. other than that, they aren't my style. But I sure am glad we don't all like the same pins, oe this wouldn't be any fun at all!

Last edited:
Ohhh Nooo - I just registered for this event - what happened last year?

It was not very well planned. Some people took advantage of the poor planning while those that didn't got upset which led to kind of a grumpy atmosphere. This year's even seems even more limited than last year and costs more.

Wait, this is more expensive than previous events? I have to admit, as someone new to this hobby, the idea of paying $70 to, in effect, go shopping and give Disney even more money seems kind of off. I mean, sure... There'll be boards and pin trading games (hopefully), but paying for what's largely just the right to then pay more money seems kind of nuts. Especially since I look at some of the Love Is Magical reports and can't help but notice that leftover product was immediately sold to non-attendees via Epcot immediately after. o_O

Not to bash anyone who's interested in this event: I'll still be trying to go, myself, albeit hopefully on a sponsorship. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around this (I feel the same about D23 membership). If they've actually seen fit to raise prices from some sort of previously-accepted norm, it raises another layer of questions in my mind. How expensive was the last DLR pin event?

Nothing for me. Not even a Alpha, Gamma or Beta driving a space ship avoiding space squirrels!

Or, Carl holding the strings that leads up to a space ship of bubbles (looks like balloons)!

Or,

Or,

Or...................................

hahaha I was hoping for something UP related ah well saves me money I guess XD

I like the kindgon hearts pin but I dont think it should be Mickey as he is the main Keyblade user Sora is, yes he features in the game but to me Sora should be on the pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back