• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Soda Bottle Scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soda Bottle Scrapper?

LadyArmonua

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm pretty sure two of the soda bottles I have are legit (they check out on Pinpics), but I recently got the Donald Duck one and can't tell if it's real or not. It seems to look fine except for the fact the eyes are really, really blue and the soda itself is a much darker green than what's pictured on the Pinpics site. The site says there are 85 people trading so I'm hoping someone here has one of these to compare to.

All I've got for a camera is what's on my phone, so the picture is really grainy. I'll post it if anyone really needs to see it but the basic issue is how dark green the soda is compared to the pin on the site. So, can anyone help me? I'd like to make sure what I have is real; Donald Duck is my favorite "Fab Five" character, I'd hate to toss a pin with him on it.

Sorry about the image quality, as I've mentioned, I only have my camera phone.
This is my pin:
th_donaldbottle.png
and this is the pin from Pinpics:
th_donaldpp.png

The greens are just vastly different. Mine is very dark compared to the vibrant lime of the pin on the Pinpics site.

do u have other soda pins ?? as with the candy corn HM pins.... u should b able to tell if its real by a few things... never try to just see one thing wrong and than say,,,, hey its fake... u should go down the list of things and find all things wrong..and than u can say for sure...the pin is no good. here is a small list to help with ur pin. its not the only things that u could look for..but should b a good start and should help u to see the bad ones a little more easy.

1) look at color 2) look at mickey head 3) thickness of pin 4) back stamp

k..so we know the color is bad...no look at the hm. is it the same size as on other sodas. do u see that the head is kind of soft on edge...almost like a blur or bad copy. Now look at how thick the pin is. u can even tap it on the counter top. the bad one sumtimes has a tink sound...like cheap tin.. last and one of the dead give aways on the candy corn srt is the back stamp. the real pin will have a smooth nice clean stamp. the bad pin will have the same stamp but it will b rased up and much easyer to feel and see. If u go down the list and start to see a few things wrong...u know its fake.. If you only have one thing wrong..it could b a true real pin that should have been pulled at the factory. i hope that helps u a little and if u need anything else.... please ask.... there are a lot few ppl here that have most the info on bad pins...we can get help if its a hard ????

So I did take a good look at it again and compared it to my other soda bottles. I compared the backs first. It has the right texture and the backstamp is correct (says 4 of 5 and all the lettering is clear and legible). The weight of the pin is good, it's thick like the other soda bottles. It doesn't feel cheap and there are no dips in the paint or smudges of any kind. The Mickey head also looks legit, it's not malformed at all. The only real discernible issue with it is that the color is so dark. Has anyone ever had a legit pin that was so vastly different in color?

If only the color is off...u may b ok. its hard to say with out having the pin here to hold and look at. I would think its ok if it has just one thing wrong and all other things look ok.

The Pinpics pic looks like a scan. Some (most?) scanners tend to change colors. For example, my scanner doesn't seem to like certain shades of pink and makes them appear more gray. You'll need to get someone who has this pin to take a photo of it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back