• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Some more intersting CHina solicitation emails - with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more intersting CHina solicitation emails - with pics

Geoff

Almost >< A DPF Charter Member
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Hey fellow pin traders! I am a bit of a new member here, but I would first like to say I really like this site and all the wonderful information in it.

I got into pin trading about a year ago and I have amassed quite a collection. However, at first, I was very disappointed by not being able to afford pins at the regular DLR prices, and thought that there had to be a better way. No stranger to eBay, I looked up pins, and my head just about exploded when I saw all the lots of pins going for only $.75 a pin! I gobbled up probably around a hundred pins and ran with them to DLR as soon as I got them to trade them. That is when I got laughed at for having so many counterfeits and scrappers. I was so embarrassed and ashamed I went home and looked up info on how to tell the difference, asked for a bunch of refunds, and decided to learn everything I could to protect myself and other pin traders (by the way the counterfeit guide here is the BEST one I have yet found).

In the course of my discoveries, I found quite a few companies online willing to sell me vast amounts of pins for pennies a piece. They were more than happy to send me picture sheets, quotes, anything they could to get me to buy. I thought I would go ahead and share what I learned with you all in the hopes of educating a few people to help pay for the mistake I made trying to get pins on the cheap.

Received Email Number One:
Hello,

My name is Vicki, i received your disney pin require from *****

thank you for your inquiry.

the minimums quantity is 500 pcs. per $0.55 price include the freight fee. order confirmed shipping by UPS could arrived for two days.

if you want to buy in very large quantities I would give a lower price.

Here is the attachment with some pictures of my stock disney pins. select the products that you?re interested in.

We have great interest in developing business with you, should you have any inquiries or comments, let me know.

thank you and regards!

Vicki

four.JPG
one.JPGtwo.JPGthree.JPG

EMail Number 2:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date & Time: 2010-11-10 07:40:24
Sender: *****, Martha
Subject: Re: Disney Pins
    It is nice to get your enquiry.
    The picture will be changeable.
    And the price is USD0.6/PC and the MOQ is 50pcs each style.
    Thanks.
    Martha
[/FONT]disney_pin.jpgdp70.jpgdp71.jpgdp62.jpg

Number 3:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a large number of official Disney pins for each month, They are all disney official pins, the back of pins has disney official identifications logo, and can freedom exchange in the disneyland. (Limited editions, Disneyland Resort, walt disneyworld Resort ….)
If you want to buy them please contact me
sincerely!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Best regards
Len

scrap1.png

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
scrap20.png

-------------

That was all I got, and I know that there are a few of these pics already posted, but there are some that I got that I have not seen yet, including some of the pin-on-pins and LE stuff - now those really scare me!

Thanks for looking, and I do hope that I could help, even just a little...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I will. I'm glad to see that Disney actually might care, just a little. It really seemed dismal for a while, so many fakes running around out there! Its almost impossible to trade with a cast member anymore. I have to ask to see the back of any pin that I like, and usually 7 out of 10 are fakes. Why does Disney tolerate this so much?

That last group of pins look good to me. I do not see where there is any way to tell they are bad pins. The first set is really low quality and you can tell they are bad just by looking at them. I would like to see the last group up against the real deal to see what if anything is different.

I'd almost be willing to say the last batch of pins "fell off the truck"! Basically legit pins just removed from the actual factory that makes them. Incredible good scrappers or long run pins if you want to call them that even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back