• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Some of the pins I've got - feedback please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the pins I've got - feedback please.

losfp

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I'm new to this whole pin collecting business and I'm looking for some feedback on some pins that I've acquired from eBay (I know, I know). These are samples from two batches, and I feel that one batch is better than the other. I'm not going to knowingly trade the definite scrappers/counterfeits, and will make a judgement call on the ones that are a bit unknown.

The one that I am pretty sure is a counterfeit is top right, the Dale mickey ears pin, due to the borders on the back pattern.

The Ursula and Wilderness Explorer pin have slight paint dips.

Merida, Ursula and Mickey have back patterns that don't go all the way to the edge (but no borders). I'm not sure on these as I have a genuine pin that I received with a card back directly from a Disney rep at a travel expo, where the pattern doesn't go all the way to the edge.

The Wilderness Explorer and oval pin have patterns that go all the way to the edge.

Paintwork ok on most of these, if you look carefully enough most have some very light brush marks - I don't know how rough or obvious they have to be to be of concern.

i-SbNztv7-L.jpg

i-BdjknJc-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back