• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Splitting Disney Chat Forums

Splitting Disney Chat Forums

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
I was thinking, maybe have 2 different forums, one as Disney Movies, Music etc (Maybe Disney Media, and one for discussion about the Disney Parks? Taking it one step farther, Disney Chat becomes:

• Disney Media
  • Disney Parks
  • Disney Cruises

OK, I'll shut up now :anxious:

My $.02 on your suggestion? I'm not entirely sure that the Disney Chat Forums need to be split up into different divisions yet (yet being the operative word because as this site gains popularity and more people create new threads and post, I would imagine that various parts of the forums will want to be restructured for organisation and tidiness purposes).

However, that being said ... I think that when/if these forums reach that point and the administrators/moderators want to restructure a few forums, your suggestion is a good one and I totally could see it working quite well. :)

Rather than splitting the forum, how about setting up various groups to have discussions about the various subjects? That way it stays in the DSF forum, but so we have more areas to talk in. So far there's a few groups but I think more needs to happen with the groups. We need more talk in the groups, methinks.

My $.02 on your suggestion? I'm not entirely sure that the Disney Chat Forums need to be split up into different divisions yet (yet being the operative word because as this site gains popularity and more people create new threads and post, I would imagine that various parts of the forums will want to be restructured for organisation and tidiness purposes).

However, that being said ... I think that when/if these forums reach that point and the administrators/moderators want to restructure a few forums, your suggestion is a good one and I totally could see it working quite well. :)
agreed -- right now the traffic to the General Disney Chat forum is manageable for both the team and the users -- as it becomes more active to the point that restructuring is necessary, we will definitely do that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was thinking NOT a new chatroom,but certain nights assigned for it..like Disneyshopping releases,those interested would go them,and I always thought a "CHAT with MODS"chat
where you could address diff things ..like contests,and more

Judy

I don't think you need to split chat. I think the best thing for now is the different topic chats be scheduled for certain nights. That way you will always know on Tuesday chat will be about new releases or whatever. Think it would make it easier that way.

I was thinking NOT a new chatroom,but certain nights assigned for it..like Disneyshopping releases,those interested would go them,and I always thought a "CHAT with MODS"chat
where you could address diff things ..like contests,and more

Judy

I don't think you need to split chat. I think the best thing for now is the different topic chats be scheduled for certain nights. That way you will always know on Tuesday chat will be about new releases or whatever. Think it would make it easier that way.

I don't believe that this suggestion was for the live chat. It was for the forum entitled 'Disney Chat' under the 'Anything Goes' section at the bottom of the main page.

Back