• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Story's Pin Collection - Updated 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story's Pin Collection - Updated 7/30/12

Story

I Dream of Disney ;D
Rating - 100%
281   0   0
~ Click Here for Latest Update! ~

Original Post
:

Hi everyone! :)

Thought I'd start a thread to share my whole collection. It's quite small compared to most I'm sure, but I love making it grow :D

70a53c2f.jpg

This is my first and only pin bag so far (aside from the two small ones I use for trading at the parks and storing traders). I'm hoping to be able to get a new one next trip, but even so I still have a bit of room in this one to keep me busy!

c693f747.jpg

My first page is arranged with many of my first pins, and mainly a memory page. My mom found me the "My First Book" pin which I absolutely love since I'm a writer (She also got me another writing pin which I forgot to include before taking pics- I will have to rectify that soon ^_^) The HM Dragon set was the first Hidden Mickey pin set I ever tracked down, the ELP mickey train was one of the first pins I can ever remember my mother giving me, and the California Screamin pin was the first pin I took notice of when I was little, thinking "wow! pins can spin??" Almost each pin on this page has a story. :hs:

df509acf.jpg

My next page is my one of two Disneyland pages I have in this pin book. The Classic D set is the first pin of the month set I decided to complete, and I totally love the way this entire page came out. In fact I'd have to say this is the page that really got me into pins again :D

86b853bd.jpg

This is my second Disneyland Pin Page, which clearly still has plenty of room. I think I'll have a lot of fun building it up, especially since I love Disneyland themed pins ;) A few of these pins are particularly special to me on this page though.

555d38ad.jpg

This was probably my first holy grail pin, and I can't believe my mom was able to track it down for me. This pin just struck me as so creative! I love how all the objects around Mickey are characters, and Mickey's expression is priceless!

9e0bc3da.jpg

This pin was an absolute surprise also from my mom around the same time (you may have noticed she has helped me with a lot of my collection - I so owe her ^_^). It is probably my all time favorite castle pin - I just love Mickey and Minnie in it!

2ee4c0e0.jpg

My next page is my "Cuties" collection. I still have a few I'm looking for for this page, but I don't mind it being a bit empty so I can fill it up at my leisure :)

8481902c.jpg

This page also has quite a bit of work. I don't know if it's going to be entirely pirate pins- time will tell.

b16446b8.jpg

And one of my other favorite pin pages - my classic Mickey page. I am really enjoying putting this pin page together. I have a little bit of Band Concert, Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy and a few others that I'll be adding around the page. But the center belongs to my favorite Mickey of them all, Brave Little Tailor :)

765a17e6.jpg

The center pin I was so happy to be able to get as a trade on PinPics - it just totally epitomizes what I love about Brave Little Tailor - I mean, he can do so much! :D Many of the other pins I got with the help of the amazing members here at DPF - particularly to be given special mention is the Princess Minnie pin on the Carousel horse in the top right corner- Merryweather so kindly zapped me with it. Not only is it my first and only zap so far, but I was so shocked at how she found a pin I never would have noticed on my own but fit so perfectly with my collection. Another reason why DPF is pretty awesome indeed! :hug:

Well that's pretty much all of my collection for now :D A few pins are missing that I forgot to add to my book before taking the pics (and some that have been bought and had not arrived yet ^_^), and I also have a small little cork board display, so I'll hopefully be able to update with those soon. For now thank you so much for looking and hope you enjoyed looking!

Last edited:
very nice! How do you add pictures? Eventually I am going to take pictures of my sister's and my collections (3 bags and counting) and want to post it. Course, it would probably help if I remembered what sis' photobucket account was. :wiggle:

You have quite a collection!! I love the descriptions in each of the pictures! [=

Aw, glad you liked it! :) I have a tendency to share a story for everything, so hope it wasn't too much rambling

Great Brave little Tailor collection! Others are nice too!

Thank you! It was super fun to track down all those pins, and I think I may be done for the time being - unless they come out with some really awesome ones soon :eek: :lol:

very nice! How do you add pictures? Eventually I am going to take pictures of my sister's and my collections (3 bags and counting) and want to post it. Course, it would probably help if I remembered what sis' photobucket account was. :wiggle:

Thanks! Were you wondering how to add pics to the site, or to the photobucket? I loaded them from my phone using the Photobucket app, but you can also add them to your account through your computer by clicking 'upload' and selecting the pics.

To add them to the site, when you click on a picture, to the right there should be a few box that says "links" with a few options along with the 'url' for each option. For mine it shows: "Email & IM", "Direct Link", "HTML code" and "IMG code" - click on the url for the IMG code and copy and paste it into your post. That should do the trick! :) I also found resizing the pic (which you can do by scrolling over the pic, and clicking on the "resize" or "edit" button) to 640 x 480 is a good size that doesn't seem to big or too small. Hope this helps and hope I explained it clear enough! Can't wait to see yours and your sister's pin books! :hsd:

Thanks so much for all the kind comments everyone! :)

I think I know how to add to photobucket; I just have to figure out what the darn PW is :p We rarely use it that we forget it.

I think I know how to add to photobucket; I just have to figure out what the darn PW is :p We rarely use it that we forget it.

Oh I so feel for you there! I try to change up my password with anything I use, and then I end up forgetting all of them. And of course writing it down usually never works for me because I always misplace the paper/word document that I put them on. :doh: :lol:

Holy crud! *I am looking away from the screen, I am looking away* You are making me want things I can't afford :p First off, Cast Member Bag is sooo cool. I love how it incorporates so many different characters in the letters. Next, Mickey Blue Sketch, Classic D's, and Mickey and Minnie hugging in front of the castle *Drools* If I were to ever collect other themes, Mickey would be at the top! Such an awesome collection you have.

Holy crud! *I am looking away from the screen, I am looking away* You are making me want things I can't afford :p First off, Cast Member Bag is sooo cool. I love how it incorporates so many different characters in the letters. Next, Mickey Blue Sketch, Classic D's, and Mickey and Minnie hugging in front of the castle *Drools* If I were to ever collect other themes, Mickey would be at the top! Such an awesome collection you have.

Aw, thank you so much, mybabykelly! You're too kind! ^_^ Mickey and DL are the two themes I'm focusing on- I think the hardest thing about getting back into pins was to decide what I wanted to collect. There are so many awesome themes to choose from! But when when I started researching characters I liked and came to realize how many pins were out for classic mickey, well, it became easy to find a good starting point. My mom also gets a lot of credit for getting me back into pins when she surprised me with the first Classic D Pin with Mickey and Minnie. When she told me a new pin like it was coming out each month, I knew there was no going back :D

But there are so many awesome themes and characters to choose from. It's a big reason why I love this site and seeing what everyone focuses their collections on. (Yours and your sisters princess and stitch pins leave me speechless!) A funny way that I rationalize things is that if I don't have the space/money to collect all the pins I'd like to, I can at least enjoy seeing what other people collect and all the creative ways they arrange and display them (that's not crazy, right? :eek2: :lol:)

Haha not crazy at all (Although, does the opinion of a crazy person count, because I def. think I am :p) Like you, I really love when people post other themes I like that I know I probably won't ever collect due to cost. There are so many different creative pins out there that just catch my eye, regardless of theme or character. Either way, thank you for sharing the pictures with us and you have GREAT taste in pins! Please keep posting more as you continue because I am going to collect Mickey pins vicariously through you ;) Classic Mickey reminds me of when I was a kid up at midnight during the summer, and Disney Channel would go to the "black and white" shows!

Haha not crazy at all (Although, does the opinion of a crazy person count, because I def. think I am :p) Like you, I really love when people post other themes I like that I know I probably won't ever collect due to cost. There are so many different creative pins out there that just catch my eye, regardless of theme or character. Either way, thank you for sharing the pictures with us and you have GREAT taste in pins! Please keep posting more as you continue because I am going to collect Mickey pins vicariously through you ;) Classic Mickey reminds me of when I was a kid up at midnight during the summer, and Disney Channel would go to the "black and white" shows!

Thank you so much, and I'm so glad you like them! :) And I definitely will keep posting updates - I love when everyone takes the time to share their pics and collections that I feel more compelled to do the same. Classic Mickey totally reminds me of the old time Disney Channel too- I use to love the classic late night shows, and wish they'd bring that vintage part of Disney back for us night owls at the very least! ^.^

Update 7 ~ 30 ~ 12

It's been far too long since I updated this thread! Mainly because I had to do a lot of reorganizing and rearranging. Finally took some pictures though and ready to share my updated collection! =) (the next task will be updating my Vinylmation collection! But that's a Story for another time =P)

Pin Book 1 ~ Cast Member Bag

Page 1 - Classic D Collection and "Disneyland This and That"

bb3f1940.jpg

My Cast Member Bag Now Opens up with my Classic D and Mystery Stamp Collection. But so that the page didn't look too empty (and to give a few more of my pins a home :)) I included some other pins that kind of represent little memorabilia that make up my Disney Trips. The Minnie doll represents toy souvenirs, the "wait time" candy represents buying candyand the inevitable waiting in line, the picture pins represent taking pictures... etc. Each pin tells a little something about the Disney trip experience :)

Page 2 - Disneyland Park and Attractions​

41ecb48a.jpg

I have got to get a better picture for this one - the lighting just wasn't working for me today :lol: But anyhow, this page has much work to be done on it, but will mainly be for Disneyland park and attraction rides. I was going to collect all of the hinged attraction posters but I just can't find room for all of them and/or keep up with all of them. Hence, a lot of them have made it into my "to trade/sell" bag. I am absolutely loving the unlock the magic keys though, and decided to only have the sleeping beauty lock (which worked out since my mom decided to catch up with the locks around the time I gave up the quest ;D). And at the top of the page is still one of my favorite castle pins =)

Page 3 - Disney California Adventure

7ff16f16.jpg

The new look for DCA and the awesome pins that have been coming out have inspired me to dedicate a page to California Adventure. Thanks to Psycho Pixie I have a beautiful center piece for the page. That, however is pretty much all I have so far :lol: I need to get cracking on looking for DCA pins!

My fourth page is open and I am thinking about maybe using it for Disney World. But my fifth page is pretty filled up now:

Page 5 - Cartoon Mickey!

e806810a.jpg

Still loving my classic Mickey! =) However if it works out for me to get a steamboat willie piece of movie pin, I may have to expand my pages to 2 for my mickeys. Of course, if I do that, I easily see myself buying another pin book just for Mickey. It just never ends :eek: :lol:

Pin Book 2 - Storybook WDW Book

That is right, Story moved onto another pin book! I didn't realize I hadn't showcased it in my collection thread yet, so I'll have to make sure to take a picture of it and add it later. This book is not nearly as filled up, and I have 2 empty pages in it. I'm sure that won't last long though :lol: Now onwards with the pins!

Page 1 - Writing and Imagination

d2dcd208.jpg

After moving around my "memory" page (most of the pins made it on a mini corkboard that I forgot to take a picture of), I decided I wanted to dedicate a full page to writing pins and other pins that spark my imagination. I really love the way this is coming out! <3

Page 2 - Alice in Wonderland​

211f1ce7.jpg

My next page is dedicated to my recent new pin love: AIW. This has been such a fun page to put together, and I can't believe how many adorable alice pins are out there. I'm so grateful to be able to give a home to a few of them :) I have another one I just bought recently that I can't wait to add!

Page 3 - HKDL, JDS and Cuties

e07e3365.jpg

I downsized my Cuties collection but not too much. I still have a little room for a few, but overall this page is almost complete! (for now :lol:)

Page 4 - Princesses​

5e3780fe.jpg

I'm not sure whether I'm going to make this a princess page or strictly a Tangled page, but I'm letting my Villains Snow White Pin hang out there until I decide :lol: I finally was able to track down the gondola uk pin (pics don't do that pin justice!!) and I couldn't be happier with my PODM tangled scene. I'm so happy the gondola scene was one of the more used scenes! Here is a closer look at it:

a249d504.jpg

I put a piece of white paper behind it so I can see it and still display it in my pin book. Not nearly as amazing as some people are able to display the podm pins, but it works for me :)

Well that's my updated collection! Thanks for stopping by and letting me share. Hope you enjoyed! :wavey:

I love the classic Mickey pins! Old school Mickey rules and I try to get souvenir pins with him if I can help it (my souvenir pins being actual mementos of places and tours and things rather than a specific collection)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back