• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tangled Booster set, bought on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tangled Booster set, bought on Ebay

boule

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hello fellow DPFers!

I just bought this [pinpics]80611[/pinpics] Tangled Booster set on Ebay and was wondering if 2 of them are scrappers. The Mickey heads on the back of the pins are different from each other. The Mickey heads on the back of the Rapunzel and Flynn pins are bigger than the ones on the back of Pascal and Max. Here's a picture:

IMG_7352.jpg

Max and Pascal are on the top and Flynn and Rapunzel on the bottom. Is this normal or the seller slipped 2 scrappers in the set? :mad:

Thank you for your help!! :)

Hey there! I don't know a lot about scrappers, so I can't say 100% (sorry)

However I bought the same booster set and I actually bought it from Walt Disney World while I was there, and they also have different sized Mickey heads so I think it must just be the norm. :)

Personally, I can't say with absolute certainty that any are scrappers but the bottom two differ from the top two in more ways than just the pattern on the back. The Mickey Head in the official logo differs in size and the boxes containing the copyright info on the bottom two pins seem to have a recessed box while the top two appear to be in a raised box. It looks like the top two are legit while the bottom two make me wonder.

This is normal. I purchased two of these sets from WDW and all of them have this effect. No worries!

Personally, I can't say with absolute certainty that any are scrappers but the bottom two differ from the top two in more ways than just the pattern on the back. The Mickey Head in the official logo differs in size and the boxes containing the copyright info on the bottom two pins seem to have a recessed box while the top two appear to be in a raised box. It looks like the top two are legit while the bottom two make me wonder.

I noticed the raised copyright box also. The box is also a bit bigger on the 2 bottom ones and the font isn't as legible. I am still a newbie and don't know much about scrappers, but it just seems odd that pins in the same set look so different. The 2 bottoms ones make me wonder too...Thanks for the reply!

Hey there! I don't know a lot about scrappers, so I can't say 100% (sorry)

However I bought the same booster set and I actually bought it from Walt Disney World while I was there, and they also have different sized Mickey heads so I think it must just be the norm. :)

Hi caebv! Fellow Canadian here :wiggle: Can you tell me if the copyright boxes are different as well? 2 of my pins have raised boxes (which are also smaller) and the other 2 have flatter and bigger boxes. Thanks! :)

I do not believe these are scappers at all (in my opinion). We purchased ours direct from DLR when they first came out and they appear to have the same type of issues.

They are not scrappers. Don't worry. Did you buy this set new on the card?

Hi caebv! Fellow Canadian here :wiggle: Can you tell me if the copyright boxes are different as well? 2 of my pins have raised boxes (which are also smaller) and the other 2 have flatter and bigger boxes. Thanks! :)

:O Hi there! You're the first Canadian I've met on here (albeit I haven't been on long aha) :wavey:

Mine have the exact same boxes as yours do, with the different sizes and raised vs. not raised.

Heres a picture of my Rapunzel and Max side by side:

tumblr_m46nj6F0fS1rr2ehdo1_500.png

tumblr_m46nk6gTHI1rr2ehdo1_500.png

Rapunzel is Left, Max is right.
(Sorry the quality is poor, but I think you can see what you need to from these :) )

They are not scrappers. Don't worry. Did you buy this set new on the card?
Yes, I bought them on card. However, I just found it strange that one set could have 2 different Mickey waffle designs on the back. But now I know that it can happen and I'm happy they're not scrappers!

:O Hi there! You're the first Canadian I've met on here (albeit I haven't been on long aha) :wavey:

Mine have the exact same boxes as yours do, with the different sizes and raised vs. not raised.

Heres a picture of my Rapunzel and Max side by side:

tumblr_m46nj6F0fS1rr2ehdo1_500.png

tumblr_m46nk6gTHI1rr2ehdo1_500.png

Rapunzel is Left, Max is right.
(Sorry the quality is poor, but I think you can see what you need to from these :) )

Thanks so much for the pictures! I'm quite relieved that everyone is confirming that my pins are real! :D
I didn't see many Canadians on here either, but then again, I too haven't been on here for a long time. It's quite difficult to collect Disney pins when you're in Canada though, so that must be why there are not many of us here on DPF.

Unfortunately there has been fake and scrapper phobia going around. But yours were new on the card so there was really no need to worry.

You must remember that there are different factories that make pins for Disney. And since these in your set are all similar pins, they are all still different. So they were probably made in different factories, or runs, using different metal sheets etc.

In my oppinion these are not scrappers/counterfiets. The mickey heads stamped on the back of the pins normally don't run right to the edge of the pins on scrappers like they do on yours. The 'information' boxs on the back of pins from sets will be slightly different in size if the pins are slightly different in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back