• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

That moment in collectiing you never thought possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment in collectiing you never thought possible....

Jacko

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Was there ever something you wanted SO bad for SO long, but no matter what, it was always out of your reach?

It was too hard to find?

It was too much money?

It was never the "right" time because the real world had other plans in mind?

As fellow collectors, most of you know exactly what I'm talking about. When you're a collector, the "hunt" is always half the fun and adventure, but every once in awhile it becomes tiring and tedious. You just want that item more than anything else in the world, no matter how frivolous it may seem to everybody else around you. Yes, I know that not getting an item you want for your collection is not a real problem in the scope of everyday life. However, you can't deny the overwhelming excitement that comes when something you WANT (not need) finally falls into your trembling, excited hands...

This is what was waiting for me today after work...

lid7.jpg
rv9j.jpg

My grail doll, finally a part of my collection!! Like many of you, ever since I started collecting LE Disney Dolls 3 years ago, this was THE doll that I knew I had to have. There are just no words to describe just how truly stunning she is. I have seen thousands of pictures online and have heard many people talk about how beautiful she is, but it just doesn't compare to being able to see her in person. I waited 3 years for her...I saved whatever spare money I could...and she is finally here. And look what came with her:

l79h.jpg
Nothing special, but a small bonus that I wasn't expecting.

I also got 17" Tiana as well and the poor girl probably feels left out since I'm not writing a post about her too. She is also a lovely doll and the seller I bought them from was fabulous! It's hard for me to purchase these items since I live in Canada (exchange rate, shipping, customs, etc.) so I was so pleasantly surprised to find a lady on Kijiji who was selling a bunch of dolls from her collection.

So there you have it, my moment as a collector that I never dreamed possible!

Anyone else care to share theirs?

It doesn't have to be a doll or even a Disney item for that matter, just something that made you feel like the luckiest person alive. I know I can't be the only one ;)

That's awesome!!!!!! Huge congrats on an amazing achievement!!! She is definitely one of the most stunning le dolls out there. I'm doing a happy dance for you. I love when people get their grails. :)

Ooooh, congratulations! I would feel this way if I ever get the 17" Alice (the ONLY 17" LE doll I want, aside from the Frozen girls; it's just bad luck that she's the most rare and expensive aside from Snow). But I have to say, for a character I have no interest in collecting, the Snow White is GORGEOUS. I would say you're lucky to have her, but you worked hard and showed admirable patience, so you EARNED her! Enjoy! And it's really awesome that the seller had the voucher; it's just a little something but a nice bonus and I bet there aren't a ton of THOSE hanging around anymore! Congratulations!!!

Congrats! I had a grail Podm scene for tangled but never could afford it, nor even find it, I been wanting it since the Podm came out, then just last week my boyfriend found someone selling it and did not hesitate to buy it for me even though the price tag was a heavy one. I cried for a while when it arrived as childish as it may be and I love it more then I can describe

She is such a beautiful doll. I would love to have her, but since I'm not a big doll collector I'm not willing to fork out the big bucks, but I've always loved Snow White. And this one with her heart charm necklace is certainly the most beautiful representation of her there is. I love my Designer Snow White, but I like this one even more. Congratulations!

I know of a few collectors looking for a Snow voucher like in your pic. You got lucky! I would have to say when my SQ Elsa came. I know its silly but at the time I busted tail trying to get money together to pay for her about three weeks after she came came out. When she finally came I was so proud!

I wish I could see this doll in person just to appreciate how beautiful she is. Snow isn't my favourite princess by any means but this doll is one of the best around so congrats on working hard to get her.

Yes, she is definitely even more gorgeous in person. I almost bought her at the time of release, but my boyfriend made fun of me ("Really? You want to collect Barbies now?"). And then when Tiana came out I almost bought her again on eBay (back when she was still $100-$150 if you can believe it), but then I was worried about space issues.

Congrats on finally having her! And Tiana. I think I want Tiana even more than Snow, but that's because I'm more attached to her character. It's cool that you found a local seller. As a fellow Canadian, I hope to experience the same thing one day.

Oh, and the impossible moment in collecting for me was when Disney made a boy DAC doll (Kristoff). I NEVER thought that would happen. Now anything seems possible.

Congrats! I had a grail Podm scene for tangled but never could afford it, nor even find it, I been wanting it since the Podm came out, then just last week my boyfriend found someone selling it and did not hesitate to buy it for me even though the price tag was a heavy one. I cried for a while when it arrived as childish as it may be and I love it more then I can describe

Congrats! It's not childish at all to cry over something you love and never thought you would have. It's such a great feeling!

I know of a few collectors looking for a Snow voucher like in your pic. You got lucky! I would have to say when my SQ Elsa came. I know its silly but at the time I busted tail trying to get money together to pay for her about three weeks after she came came out. When she finally came I was so proud!

SQ Elsa is a very pretty doll as well. I think both LE Elsa and Anna dolls are beautiful, they are definitely right up there with Snow on my favorite list~

Yes, she is definitely even more gorgeous in person. I almost bought her at the time of release, but my boyfriend made fun of me ("Really? You want to collect Barbies now?"). And then when Tiana came out I almost bought her again on eBay (back when she was still $100-$150 if you can believe it), but then I was worried about space issues.

Congrats on finally having her! And Tiana. I think I want Tiana even more than Snow, but that's because I'm more attached to her character. It's cool that you found a local seller. As a fellow Canadian, I hope to experience the same thing one day.

Wow, I WISH I could have purchased her for $150, but alas I wasn't into doll collecting back then. That's ok, I have no buyers remorse paying what I did for her so I would say that's a good sign. I've been staring at her constantly since she arrived :) Also, Tiana is very, very beautiful as well. I only collect the 17" dolls that I like the look of or characters that are special to me and Tiana is right up there <3

Thanks everyone! If I can finally obtain my Snow White after 3 years, I know others can get their dream items as well. Sometimes it just takes patience and for that right doll, pin, etc. to show up. I also love hearing from other collectors, because you guys are the only people that understand this feeling. Thankfully my boyfriend is supportive of my collection, but the rest of my family thinks I'm crazy XD

Congratulations! My "oh my gosh" moment would also probably be getting Snow White. The depressing thing is my step-mothers sister has the Snow White, Merida and Belle. So I have these beautiful dolls in my grasp! Maybe one day I will understand the feeling you got when that gem arrived!

Congrats on that amazing beauty! For me it will be when L.E. 17 S.B. is released. Although I have to say that when I first saw November Elsa leaked online I became a bit obsessed. Now my 10 year old daughter and I are collecting all things frozen. It has been so much fun. ~Aloha

Congratulations!!! What excitement to finally have something in your arms you have been longing for for such a long time! What a rush! Any fellow collector knows the feeling and shares in your happiness ♥ She is a gorgeous doll and it is so great that she will be cherished and loved forever. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back