• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Art of Pinocchio Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Art of Pinocchio Collection

clarkc

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Disney Store has started releasing 'The Art of Pinocchio' Collection. They currently have a snowglobe, sketchbook ornament set, and a lithograph set for sale. I thought 'The Art of....' collections were only released to support a DVD release but there is no sign that Pinocchio's getting released. Has anyone heard anything?

Pinocchio was part of the diamond edition bluray release for several years now and was always earmarked to be the last release in the series. I believe that there will be a diamond edition bluray release however what is still unsure is when this will happen. Originally Pinocchio was earmarked for a Spring 2016 release but now that the Signature series (beginning with Snow White) is being released then it is uncertain what exactly is going to happen with the diamond edition release.

OMG that marionette is AMAZING. I don't even like the film that much but I had to buy one because he's freaking awesome looking (well, in the stock image...hopefully he will be in pictures as well).

It's also amazing he wasn't sold out yet but I think there's something wrong with Disney Store's "New Arrivals" section as it didn't update last night and the only way I was even able to find the marionette was by searching "Pinocchio" in the search bar.

It also seems this Art of Pinocchio release as well as all the other stuff (there's a bunch of new Pinocchio plush too) indicates that movie WAS supposed to be the spring 2016 Diamond release but now we're getting Snow White Signature instead? What the heck Disney? I wonder if this means no dolls to go along with Snow White since it seems to be some sort of last minute decision on their part (which I would be okay with, as I just dropped $200 AMERICAN dollars on the Pinocchio marionette lol)

That marionette was such a dream come true for me (aside from the timing!!).

With the help of a friend I managed to get one, and I can't wait to go pick him up. Maybe I can go back to dreaming that they might do a DAC doll of when he turns into a little boy at the end.

Even though it's not my absolute fave movie (top 10 for sure though), there's something about his design that pulls my heart strings--HA! See what I did there?

I can't wait to display him in my Pinocchio cabinet... Which I don't have yet but will need very soon with all the great merch coming out.

Wonder how long he'll take to sell out. Poor little guy came out at such a bad time. 4 days before Christmas and after such a heavy doll season? At least it gives collectors a chance.

I really can't believe that he hasn't sold out yet! Yeah, it's a surprise $200 right before Christmas (or $300 for we Canadians with the exchange rate *cringe*) but he's limited to only 500 and the purchase limit is 5!!! I would have thought scalpers would have swooped in and bought them all for sure by now. Maybe it's because the website New Arrivals section STILL hasn't updated with him so he won't show up on the site unless you specifically look for it but enough places have been talking about him by now that you'd think the scalpers would have picked up on it. Good that they haven't though!

Mine shipped out today, crossing my fingers it doesn't get broken in shipment (resin...so you never know :( )

I've just seen the Blue Fairy plush doll on the American Disney Store and she looks great. :) I just really hope we don't get skipped here in the UK - I've wanted some Blue Fairy merchandise for a while now.

The ornament set looks really nice too!

Mine shipped yesterday too. The package is over 14 pounds!!! I can understand a few factors that went into his slow selling. Not just the timing and the price but the type of item. He's a bit of a standalone. Unless you're a Pinocchio fan, you'll have nothing to display him with. He doesn't go with any other LE collection. And at his size / weight, he'd be hard to sell when it comes to shipping.

At first I was upset his LE was so low, but maybe they got it right and he doesn't need an LE of 1000 or more.

I'll be picking mine up from Buffalo January 8--I'm so excited! And in the meantime I'll get to see lots of pics since he's starting to arrive at people's homes <3

But you're right Princess K--our dollar sucks big time right now!!!

I've just seen the Blue Fairy plush doll on the American Disney Store and she looks great. :) I just really hope we don't get skipped here in the UK - I've wanted some Blue Fairy merchandise for a while now.

The ornament set looks really nice too!

The plush wouldn't be too expensive to ship to the UK if you all don't get it. She's not breakable so she won't have to be put in a huge box.

That marionette figure is gorgeous! If I was a bigger Pinocchio fan and I had more money to spare, that would be an insta buy for me. I really have to wonder why Disney decided to cancel the Diamond Edition for Pinocchio? This sudden wave of merch all but confirms that it was going to happen, so why couldn't Pinocchio have been the February Blu-ray release to finish up the diamond line and Snow White or Alice have been the fall release that starts the new signature collection line?

It's cool and maybe it's the picture but it looks huge and hard to display which is why I decided to pass... If it had been a limited edition doll in the same boxes I probably would have bought one. But for displaying purposes I don't have the space or the need factor as I don't own anything else Pinocchio so it'd stick out like a sore thumb.

it looks amazing though, I love these surprise limited edition items.

There may be another factor to the slow sell: this marionette is a rerelease. He's only slightly different from the LE 500 marionette released in 2009 with the first bluray. The new one has corduroy dungarees (instead of regular cotton) and a more detailed base. Since I had never even seen the first one, I'm glad they updated him, but if I had the original, I'd be pissed.

So maybe other LE items will get an upgrade... Maybe the Snow White doll. She came out the same year.

There may be another factor to the slow sell: this marionette is a rerelease. He's only slightly different from the LE 500 marionette released in 2009 with the first bluray. The new one has corduroy dungarees (instead of regular cotton) and a more detailed base. Since I had never even seen the first one, I'm glad they updated him, but if I had the original, I'd be pissed.

So maybe other LE items will get an upgrade... Maybe the Snow White doll. She came out the same year.
I would die of happiness if they released a new LE Snow White doll. I love the original but I could never be able to afford it.

I got my Pinocchio two days ago! He is really cute but extremely heavy and so tall with the stand that he doesn't fit in my display case even after taking some shelves out. I was a bit shocked when I got him, as I didn't realize how big he is. I'm having trouble finding a place to put him because of the weight and size.

It took me a very long time to set him up because when I got him the strings were a tangled mess. Unfortunately, there were a couple of bad scratches on the wood and some marks on his face under his lip which is kind of annoying for the price I paid. Disney designers do such fantastic work and then they always seem to mess it up with quality control in manufacturing. Overall though, he is really adorable and his outfit is so detailed. I am shocked that he isn't sold out yet. Oh, and I got no. 500 out of 500!

I wish they would re-release the movie so I could have my own copy. The artwork in that movie is so beautiful.

Last edited:
I got no. 500 out of 500!

THAT is a cool number!! Congrats. Sorry about the imperfections. It's always a nightmare ordering online, so these online exclusives are the worst. I can't wait to have mine so I can stop worrying.

The fun thing about the first bluray is you could turn on a feature that puts artwork down the sides of the movie to disguise the full screenness. Snow White and Cinderella had it too. I just want the diamond edition to come out so I can get the digital hd.

The plush wouldn't be too expensive to ship to the UK if you all don't get it. She's not breakable so she won't have to be put in a huge box.

That's a good point. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we will get the Pinocchio merchandise, but if I remember correctly we didn't get any of the Peter Pan stuff from a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back