• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Lone Ranger - Disney Store Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lone Ranger - Disney Store Dolls

DRJ1828

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
For the upcoming Disney live action film The Lone Ranger (release date July 3, 2013), the Disney Store has already released some merchandise. But just today they released the first doll for the movie, the Silver Deluxe Action Figure. Soon to be released are dolls for The Longer Ranger himself, and Tonto. At only 10 1/2 inches high, the horse is rather small, especially when next to a 12'' H doll, such as the upcoming Lone Ranger doll, as shown in one of the product images below. He looks like a pony in comparison, which was also the problem with the Tangled Maximus action figure, which was the same height. All images are originally from the US Disney Store website.

Here is the product information for the horse:

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - 10 1/2''

$29.50
Item No. 6172037920005P

Hi-Yo, Silver!

With the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty ''Hi-Yo, Silver,'' the Lone Ranger rides his fiery steed to seek justice for all! A Disney Store exclusive, this finely crafted horse emits sounds when his head is bowed.

Magic in the details...

• Highly detailed sculpturing
  • Rooted mane and tail
  • Press Silver's head down to hear horse whinny and galloping sounds
  • Includes reins and saddle
  • Match to The Lone Ranger and Tonto Deluxe Action Figures - 12'', sold separately

The bare necessities

• Ages 3+
  • Requires 3 AG13/LR44 1.5V batteries, included
  • Plastic / polyester
  • 10 1/2'' H (ear to front hoof) x 2 1/2'' W x 11'' L (nose to rear hoof)
  • Imported

Safety

WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.

Product Images:

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - 10 1/2'' - US Disney Store Image #1 - Silver by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - 10 1/2'' - US Disney Store Image #2 - Lone Ranger and Silver by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - 10 1/2'' - US Disney Store Image #3 - Silver Boxed by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
That Lone Ranger doll actually looks pretty good. I honestly didn't think they'd make dolls for this movie, but I'm glad they are expanding the Disney Movie Collection. I can't wait to see more!

The packaging looks really nice, I like how they're focusing on design for those of us who collect :)

Does anyone have photos of the dolls? I can't find them on the website. I check the "dolls" section every day, and they were not on The Lone Ranger page.
So far, only the horse Silver is available online, and he is on the Lone Ranger page. However, one of the photos for the Silver doll includes the Lone Ranger doll, posed next to Silver. The Lone Ranger and Tonto dolls should be released very soon.

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - First Look

Action figure toy representing the Lone Ranger's horse Silver, from the Disney live action movie The Lone Ranger (to be released on July 3, 2013 in the USA). First look. Photographed boxed, during deboxing, and fully deboxed.

He emits three separate sound effects when his head is pressed downward. First is a galloping sound, for about 10 seconds. Next is a heavy breathing sound, for about a second (reminded me of Darth Vader). Finally he neighs for a couple of seconds. Good volume, not too loud, but clearly audible. Since he stands on only three of his legs, one in the front and two in the back, it's a good idea to hold his back with one hand while pressing his head with the other, so he doesn't tip over. When he is free standing, he is quite stable.

The bridal, reins and saddle are all removable. His mane shed a few hairs when I combed it to make it neater, and I also trimmed a few hairs to make it more even. It is pure white, and quite soft. His body is a dirty white, with fine black speckles over white. The ankles are colored pink, over his dark gray hooves. He has black painted eyes, with pink areas over his muzzle, eyes and ears. I think he is very handsome, with a serious look. He appears to be of very solid construction. However, he has a major drawback of only being 10 1/2 inches tall, so he looks like a pony next to 12 inch male dolls, such as a Disney Prince or the Lone Ranger.

Purchased on May 23, 2013 from my local Disney Store. It was due to be put out on the shelves tomorrow (May 24), but I asked specifically for it, and the store manager brought it out from the back room and let me to buy it today. I also bought spare PNK dolls and the PNK trifold journal. Also some Disney Princes (John Smith, Prince Naveen, Li Shang), so I could complete my Disney Princess Movie Cast photoshoots. I was happy to be able to get a 15% discount on all the merchandise using my D23 card.

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Boxed - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Portrait Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Portrait Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Bare Horse - Free Standing Next to Accessories - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Bare Horse - Free Standing - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver Deluxe Action Figure - The Lone Ranger - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Bare Horse - Free Standing - Left Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Silver 10 1/2'' Deluxe Action Figure and Flynn Rider 12'' Doll - Disney Store by drj1828, on Flickr

Wow! He actually looks really good. I wish I knew anything about the story to want him. He actually looks less boxy than Oz. I can't wait to see the rest of this collection.

The Lone Ranger 12'' Action Figure Released Online - US Disney Store - May 31, 2013

The Lone Ranger 12'' Action Figure has just been released online at the US Disney Store on May 31, 2013. Here is the official product information, followed by product images.
The Lone Ranger Deluxe Action Figure - 12''
$24.50
Item No. 6172040580001P

Who was that masked man?

Answer the call for justice with the Lone Ranger! A Disney Store exclusive, this deluxe Lone Ranger action figure has been carefully designed to capture every detail of the dynamic screen character.

Magic in the details...

•Fully poseable arms and legs
•Removable hat and mask
•Detailed costume features jacket, 4 button vest, shirt, neckerchief, and striped woven pants
•Plus boots, belt, and Texas Rangers badge
•Part of the Disney Film Collection
•Match to our Tonto and Silver Deluxe Action Figures, sold separately

The bare necessities

•Ages 3+
•Plastic / polyester
•12'' H
•Imported

Safety

WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.

The Lone Ranger Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - US Disney Store Product Image #1 - Gun Raised by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - US Disney Store Product Image #2 - Two Guns Ready by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - US Disney Store Product Image #3 - Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - US Disney Store Product Image #4 - Boxed by drj1828, on Flickr

So coooool, I hope these come to the UK, I'd love to get more Lone Ranger toys, I had the originals which I played with my brothers with as a child ;o)

Wow! He actually looks really good! AND! HIS ELBOWS BEND! ? I still want to wait and see the movie, but he does look really good! I do think it's really funny how they have him classified as an "action figure" and he doesn't show up when you search doll. Oh people these days with their gender labels. So dumb. ;) I can't tell, but the description makes it seem like it'll just be Silver , Ranger, and Tonto made for this movie. But, from all I have learned so far, Red sounds awesome and I think she'd be a super fun addition...with a "*real* leg up" on the other dolls. ;)

Last edited:
The Lone Ranger 12'' Action Figure Released Online - First Look

When I saw The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure released online this morning (May 31, 2013) on the US Disney Store website, I was anxious to get him as soon as possible. So I called my local DS, and they did have him in stock. I got two of him, and also a nifty looking Lone Ranger Journal. I was able to get 15% off the total by using my D23 card. I asked the manager about the Tonto doll, and she said that she didn't know when he is coming out, but hopefully by the time the movie opens (July 3).

Here's a review of the doll, followed by some photos.

He is a fully posable doll and is 12'' tall. He has molded dark brown hair, small dark blue eyes that are staring straight ahead, scruffy beard. He has the standard Disney Prince body, which means large hands and feet, a husky torso, and jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees (internal). His head can only rotate around, and cannot tilt up or down. His forearms can only bend forward and backward about 90 degrees, and cannot rotate about the elbows. His internal knee joints can bend about 20 degrees forward, and 40 degrees back. He is fairly stable free standing, so I was able to take all my photos of him without using a doll stand. However for displaying the doll, I would recomment putting him on a doll stand, as he would be much more stable that way, and highly resistant to tipping over.

His outfit consists of a removable mask, a white hat, black jacket and vest, white shirt, red neckerchief, brown pants, and faux leather boots. His jacket and pants have fake dirt stains, as though from riding in rough country. His hat is flexible vinyl, and fits his head snuggly. His black mask is fitted on his head with a thin black flexible string, and the two openings are just large enough to show his eyes. I was a little disappointed to discover that his vest is sewn onto his jacket, so is not a separate piece. His boots are pointy toed and ribbed on top, instead of the usual Prince rounded toe boots with smooth surface.

His accessories include two six-shooters and a gun belt with two holsters. The flexible plastic guns have long barrels, light blue handles, and are painted to look well used. They are fairly realistic looking, but are missing triggers. One of the guns was placed in a clear plastic holder, which fits his hand like a glove. Since I didn't want to figure out how to secure the gun to his hand so it looked natural, I left the gun in the holder when posing him with the gun in his hand. The holsters hold the guns securely, and the gun belt has molded silver bullets.

His skin is not as realistic in texture as the DS OZ (Oscar Diggs) doll, and his outfit not quite as good in quality, which can be explained by the fact that the OZ doll is $10 more than the Lone Ranger. However he is a very good looking doll, and seems to be quite movie accurate.

Two Rangers Are Better Than One - Lone Ranger Journal and Action Figures - Disney Store Purchases - 2013-05-31 by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure - Disney Store - First Look - Boxed - Closeup of Box Notes by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxing - Attached to Backing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Lone Ranger Deluxe 12'' Action Figure - Disney Store - First Look - Deboxed - Free Standing - Closeup Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tonto Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - The Lone Ranger - US Disney Store Online Release

The Tonto Deluxe Action Figure from The Lone Ranger has just been released online by the US Disney Store, on June 25, 2013. The doll has been available in select Disney Stores since last week.

Product information:
Tonto Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - The Lone Ranger
$24.50
Item No. 6172040580002P

Good scout

Follow the trail of justice along with The Lone Ranger's ''kemosabe,'' Tonto! A Disney Store exclusive, this deluxe action figure has been carefully designed to capture every detail of the dynamic screen character.

Magic in the details...

•Fully poseable arms and legs
•Removable headdress
•Rooted hair with braids
•Detailed costume features beaded bracelets, woven belt and fringed faux buckskin britches
•Part of the Disney Film Collection
•Match to The Lone Ranger and Silver Deluxe Action Figures, sold separately

The bare necessities

•Ages 3+
•Plastic / polyester
•12'' H
•Imported

Product images:

Tonto Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - The Lone Ranger - US Disney Store Product Image #1 - Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tonto Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - The Lone Ranger - US Disney Store Product Image #2 - Deboxed - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tonto Deluxe Action Figure - 12'' - The Lone Ranger - US Disney Store Product Image #3 - Boxed by drj1828, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back