• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Target Sea Grass boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Target Sea Grass boards?

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
I went looking for these today, and didn't have any luck. For those of you that use these, where are they located in the store? Was it a Back-to-School only thing? I looked in both office supplies, and the home organization/framing/decorating stuff. But this Target is a smaller one, so before I went to the bigger one, I thought I'd ask where in the store they were located.

Thanks!

:cry: Bad news! The Target store where we usually purchased these was out and the customer service department says they have been discontinued. We are not sure if the manufacturer has stopped making them or Target has just stopped carrying them.

They are made by The Board Dudes (Irvine CA, 949-727-9009, heydudes@megabrands.com). There were a few online sites that had them for around $27-28, but at Target they were $14.99...quite a difference. Also several sites said they were backordered, so maybe there is a production problem.

We hope to visit all the Targets in our area to get as many as we can. :x:

These really are awesome. I wish I had known about them before I started some of my other framing projects. But here are our Animal Kingdom pins.

IMG_9518.jpg
IMG_9517.jpg

Animal Kingdom ~ what a great collection to have on those boards!!!

I absolutely love these boards.. am going to have to go on a mission for them tomorrow.. :)

hopemax, those look awesome!

For those of you seeking these sea grass boards out for the first time, the one thing I might mention is that they can be a little...pungent smelling when you first unwrap them. So I usually air mine out for a while before putting my pins on them.

I took my AK board, flipped it upside down, and shook it hard. Nothing fell off, so I think they hold great!

What are the measurements on these boards? Also, if anyone could be so kind in PM'ing me if they happen to find some around soCal - I'd be happy to send you a pin (and perhaps if i'm lucky to have one, a pin from your wants!)

Can't help you with the places to buy in SoCal, but the dimensions are 18" x 22", with the usable pin attachment area being 15" x 19".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back