• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Took the Plunge and Bought My First Fantasy Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the Plunge and Bought My First Fantasy Pins

bevgray

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have been collecting Disney pins since just before the 2000 Disney Store Millennium series. I have avoided the Fantasy pins (difficult to get all the official Disney ones I like without opening another area). I stumbled across a set the other day that depicts different princesses with Disney cats. I took the chance and wow! I am so impressed by the quality of these pins. They are very pretty and fill a niche in my princess/cat collection. So, for those who say "NEVER, EVER"...you never know when the pose, grouping will cause you to high dive right into the fantasy market.

I've seen those. Aurora is in the next release, but it's been delayed. They're very pretty. Welcome to the dark side. :)

I'd love to see a photo of that pin. I'm open to having fantasy pins in my collection. Unfortunately, the only fantasy pin I've seen of the Cheshire Cat was him with a half-naked Jessica Rabbit. I thought it was awful.

Unfortunately, I have trouble getting pictures to post. The pins are on Ebay. Just search "Purrfect Moments" in Disney Pin category. Glad to hear there may be more. My only complaint, and it is minor, is that Jasmine is shown with baby Simba. I would have preferred baby Rajah.

Found them on Ebay. That is strange that Jasmine is with Simba. I like Ariel with Marie. Why is Rapunzel with Dinah? Is that Alice's cat? They are really cute.

Found them on Ebay. That is strange that Jasmine is with Simba. I like Ariel with Marie. Why is Rapunzel with Dinah? Is that Alice's cat? They are really cute.
Yeah, I saw the Simba with Jasmine too. Sometimes Fantasy pins confuse me lol.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

I've bought a few :)
Although I'm trying to stick to just 1 per collection , if I find one I like better I switch it out and trade the other one on .
The only exception is I'm collecting a series of Circus Poster pins being released , 4 so far and another pre-ordered because I think they'll look great with my Sinister Sideshow collection

I have some Tigger Fantasy pins, from long ago, in my Collection :)

Haven't seen this set but, here are what I think would be good Princess/Cat combos:
Snow White/Marie (a "white" cat)
Cinderella/Lucifer
Aurora/Dinah
Jasmine/baby Rajah
Belle/young Simba (King of "Beasts")
Ariel/Figaro with Goldie in bowl
Elsa & Anna/Si & Am (siblings)

I've bought a few :)
Although I'm trying to stick to just 1 per collection , if I find one I like better I switch it out and trade the other one on .
The only exception is I'm collecting a series of Circus Poster pins being released , 4 so far and another pre-ordered because I think they'll look great with my Sinister Sideshow collection

Those are huge! How are you displaying them? I have the Siamese Twins but can't fit them into my book until i start an A&E together page since I was keeping the sisters on seperate pages.

I just bought my first too-many of them are very cool! Do people ask or know who some of the artists are ~ or is that kind of an underground thing? Just curious because I would like to follow some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back