• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Toy Story Vinylmation - Scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toy Story Vinylmation - Scrappers?

cheriexx

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I've just bough 2 of the Toy Story Vinylmation chaser pins from Ebay, a warning on Pin Pics says that there are scrappers around for these.

80607: Vinylmation Collectors Set - Toy Story - Buttercup Chaser Only
80604: Vinylmation Collectors Set - Toy Story - Lotso Chaser Only

If they are scrappers I'll keep them because I love the characters, but how would I identify a genuine pin from the scrapper?

Does anyone have any insight into this? There's no extra info on scrappers on Pin Pics.

If you can help, that would be great! :wavey:

I believe that the Lotso scrapper/counterfeit's metal color is "off." It is supposed to be pinkish purple, but I saw that the scrapper/counterfeit has more of a brownish metal.

I have seen the Buttercup with the pupils missing; I'm guessing that one is the scrapper/counterfeit.

I have been too nervous to buy either of these pins because dealing with getting a scrapper/counterfeit from a seller is not a fun experience. Good luck! I hope yours are real!

The back splash will also be bordered in some places, rather than running of the edges. It will feel lighter and the finish will not be as bright/colorful, but more dull.

Take a picture when they come in and we could probably tell!

i have the lotso chaser (authentic), I'll take a pic when i get home and post it for comparison. Yes, the back metal is a purplish/magenta-ish color.

This helps a lot, I'll be back when I have the pins in hand. Any more hints in the meantime would be awesome too!

I should've known better. haha. Never mind, they're cute and only I will know they're fakes. I'll keep them for my own collection. Although I am considering a refund, the pics on the auction are not the pins I received, at all.

Auction Pics:
5e1f535e.jpg
3533e162.jpg

My Scans:
5927ee7f.jpg
bd425ab5.jpg

Paint damage on my Lotso is true to life but the colour is not as dull as my scan appears, then thicker lines and no pupils for my Buttercup, different to pins shown on auction.

Advice? The seller does say: "If you are not 100% happy with your purchase, return within 7 days for a full refund less postage costs."

If they don't "accept" a refund, file a claim through eBay. You will almost certainly get a refund through eBay.

The reason why I don't buy much pins that aren't my "real collection pins" or LE traders is because if it ever is a scrapper, the sellers will not refund postage. I never understood that. If the pin is fake or also damaged, why should the buyer pay anything at all?

I just returned a lot to an Ebay seller. He advertised "authentic pins only, I am a Christian seller." So, being a Jew, I figured that was a good thing, right? Needless to say, 80% of the pins were counterfeits. When I told him this and asked for my refund, he told me that I had to pay return shipping. I email-argued with him about this saying he should be grateful to take them back and should be more than happy to pay return shipping. Well, needless to say, I lost that argument. So, I'm awaiting my refund through Paypal, and then guess what I do? ;-)

He agreed to refund me, which is nice. I'm paying return postage, it's my own silly fault for going on eBay! haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back