• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Trading/ Buying advice? -for newer collector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading/ Buying advice? -for newer collector

wendyle1990

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys! I'm looking for a bit of advice. My holy grail would be one of the designer princess pins on my wish list. I'm not big on having all 3 I want , I would be ecstatic to just have one. I'm aware of how rare and expensive they are.
So heres my question. Should I just wait and keep on a look out to buy one. Or is it a better idea to build up my collection with other rare pins in hopes to one day trade for one? And are people more willing to sell or trade? Thanks so much!

For DP, as they are referred to, I honestly think probably buying. Prying those things out of someones trading book, if you actually find one, is gonna be crazy difficult. It would probably take you having their absoulte Holy Grail and it being worth about the same. And the only way to get that is going to be just as hard. You never know though, if a new pin comes along that turns into a grail, you may be able to trade. Like the Tangled Opening Day, it's been sold north of $350-$400 but it is only 3 years old. You could probably trade it for a really HTF Disneyshopping or Auctions grail. Try to buy new pins intelligently with an eye on the future trade value. I'd like to say be patient, but the DP's are so hard to find I don't think you'll be able to trade for it if I'm honest. Even if it's in the DPF acution house or someone has it for trade, you're up against people with huge collections and many of that persons top wants.

Thanks for your reply. I totally understand. I'm keeping my eye out here and other places such as ebay. I will definitely take your advice in buying new pins that have the possibility of going up in value. I'm not looking to have a big collection, just a decent one of my favorites. So if I'm able to build up some decent one's to trade, I'm not to hesitant to part for one I'm looking for. Thanks so much! this was really helpful!

For DP, as they are referred to, I honestly think probably buying. Prying those things out of someones trading book, if you actually find one, is gonna be crazy difficult. It would probably take you having their absoulte Holy Grail and it being worth about the same. And the only way to get that is going to be just as hard. You never know though, if a new pin comes along that turns into a grail, you may be able to trade. Like the Tangled Opening Day, it's been sold north of $350-$400 but it is only 3 years old. You could probably trade it for a really HTF Disneyshopping or Auctions grail. Try to buy new pins intelligently with an eye on the future trade value. I'd like to say be patient, but the DP's are so hard to find I don't think you'll be able to trade for it if I'm honest. Even if it's in the DPF acution house or someone has it for trade, you're up against people with huge collections and many of that persons top wants.

In order of ranking, it would be easiest to get the DPs in this order:
1. Mulan - ~$200
2. Ariel - ~ $400-600
3. Rapunzel - ~$600-800

It is probably better to buy than to trade. Most people that would trade would value each of the above pins at double the selling price (that's what I have noticed). It may actually be better to buy the whole set (if you have enough money) and sell off whichever ones you don't want.

Thanks for the prices! If I had enough, I might consider the set and take your advice and sell the rest. Or a group buy with others would be nice. There are more sets being sold that I've seen than the individuals. I'n your experience, how often would you say you see the individuals I'm looking for for sale? Thanks!

In order of ranking, it would be easiest to get the DPs in this order:
1. Mulan - ~$200
2. Ariel - ~ $400-600
3. Rapunzel - ~$600-800

It is probably better to buy than to trade. Most people that would trade would value each of the above pins at double the selling price (that's what I have noticed). It may actually be better to buy the whole set (if you have enough money) and sell off whichever ones you don't want.

Hi! thanks so much for the offer. I'm afraid I dont have very much to offer at all at the moment and it doesn't seem that I have anything in your wants. I am interested though :) thanks!

Hi Wendy,
I have an extra
from your signature. Are you interested in a trade? Please check out my wants list.

Thanks!
Melanie

Hi! thanks so much for the offer. I'm afraid I dont have very much to offer at all at the moment and it doesn't seem that I have anything in your wants. I am interested though :) thanks!

Ok, no problem. Feel free to connect with me if your trade options open up down the road. Good luck getting your DP grails!

Thanks!
Melanie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back