• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tron: Deception- A New Grid

Tron: Deception- A New Grid
Kevin got this from Alan:

Krista,
I'll do that right now. He'll be safe and sound in my pocket until this afternoon when I get a chance to go over to Flynn's.

Excellent! I see the transfer portal now, i will check in from the Tron Grid when he uploads me there. Thanks to Krista and Kenzo for getting me here, i super appreciate your work, man. The Tron Grid has all sorts of new problems awaiting me, but at least i wont be stuck in an outdated system that i dont have any access to. I will keep you all posted, and communication should be easier for me on the newer, updated Grid. I might even be able to access the chatroom here to speak with you all directly, and hopefully i can email Alan myself. The main challenge of the Tron Grid is that CLU3 was hacked into the system. A violent, unpredictable program with all the bad parts of CLU2 and none of the good, i expect to find that Grid in ruins. Cross your fingers for me, Users! I will definitely need your help.

Thanks to everyone who participated so far, ill make it up to you all somehow.

Kevin

Kevin. Got this from Alan. :

Everyone,

I've connected the data storage device with Kevin's user data to his computer system at Flynn's Arcade. Everything looked like it was working properly, so he should be contacting you all soon.

Thank you all,
Alan.

Last edited:
Ported to the new system, but... something is wrong. This isn't the Tron Grid, it doesn't look familiar at all. At least I seem to be able to type better here, not as much lag.

This system is virtually untouched, I've never seen anything like it, man. Like a Universe waiting to be built. I have a feeling that Alan might have accidentally uploaded me to my new computer I was waiting to set up, a clean, unshaped Grid, a new world budding into existence. Encom's Grid is bright colors against a matte background, noisy and loud and busy. The Tron City Grid is sleek, refined, sharp lines of light in a world of inherent darkness. There are no stars in either Grid, no source of light except the inherent glow of the people and structures there.

This Grid is WHITE, bright and shining and strange with an eerie teal sky pierced by what look like stars. I cannot fathom who the Creator of this Grid is, but it's alien and strange to me in a way that Tron Grid never has been. This is surely not of my creation. I can see the Portal in the distance, so that's the way I'll go, it's atop a HUGE tower, man, it's bigger than anything I've ever seen. Radical, man. Just radical.

I will keep you updated, Users, on what is happening. Tell Alan I said to send you (Krista and Kenzo) a thank you for you efforts.

Hey Kevin - I want you to know that I decided to see what I could do to help, so I emailed Alan with your update information.

I just got an email from Alan. He has heard about what's happening to you, and he is a bit ashamed to say that it seems to be his fault. He doesn't know anything about this new Grid, that is, if it's not the TRON grid or the Encom grid. He is still having a hard time at work since he's being watched, and says that he can only access his personal email from home.

Alan wants you to know that his communications will be a little more sparse during the week, but that he thinks he might be able to be around a little more during the weekend.

One last thing, Alan said that he hates to say it, but he might be wrong about Dillinger Jr. Alan thinks he might be up to something.

If I hear anything else, I will let you know. Remember that I fight for the users!

Thanks a ton for the help, imatronaholic! This place is just wild, man. Even in all my Gridbuilding and theorizing I'd never imagined a place like this! There's a crystal city built around the portal, and there are Programs here, but nothing like what Alan or I would have created. I don't want to jinx myself, but I am thinkin that they are, well, ISOs. Maybe I have another chance at all of this, man. Maybe this accident wasn't an accident at all. It's beautiful, just beautiful. After all the stress of the Encom Grid this is a pretty welcome relief, even if it's not home. They've been receptive and friendly to me, and there doesn't seem to be any hostility. Please tell Alan I'm safe for now, and that I am going to spend a little time exploring and understanding this Grid.

I always knew Junior was a scumbag, maybe worse than his dad because he is more intelligent and actually capable of creating his own monstrosities in the Grid. I think he's been INTO the Grid, but hasn't told anyone. I have my concerns about his connections to FCon- a company that kidnapped Alan a few years ago and tried to make him recalculate the algorithms for the Gridlaser. Alan's kid eventually traced Fcon to Dillinger Sr. but could never really prove anything in the legal sense- who would believe 'Hey, someone tried to make me reconfigure a laser to send them inside the computer" without proof? And we aren't ready for this as a society, man. I'm just glad I got into pin trading when I did and that DPF is filled with Users who grock it, man!

At any rate, tell Alan that our kids would do well to work together on this (they don't get along all that great, sadly) and that between the two of them, I am sure they can find out what Dillinger Jr. is up to. In the mean time, I'm safe, and I don't want Alan putting his job at risk over me. Delayed responses are fine if they're going to protect our in at Encom.

Thanks man, all of you rock!

Kevin

Kevin I got this message from Alan based off you getting to the white grid.

Krista,
Thanks for the update. I'm not too sure about what happened, but I have a sneaking suspicion that someone set up Kevin's new computer without either of us knowing. I hope he's okay.

Just wanted to let you know.

Fellow Users

The Programs here are just incredible. I was right about them being self-manifesting, their coding complicated yet simple in ways I couldn't explain. They have no need of war or conflict in their society, there is no want here, only the exchange of information that defines a perfect system. When asked how they deal with corruption of code, because it will happen, no matter what, -evolution is inevitable- their leader (or who I have perceived to be their leader) informed me that the corrupted Program goes into exile by choice- it's part of their programming- and either fixes itself or never returns. This is amazing, to be so detached from the self is something not seen ever day, man. These Programs remind me more and more of my lost ISOs as I am with them more. Elegant, intelligent beings that understand things light years beyond what I would even venture to think of. Completely radical, man.

Their city here is called the Cache, and is one of the most beautiful things out there, man. It looks like the whole city was carved out of a giant piece of glowing crystal. The sky seems dark in comparison to everything else, it never changes in brightness (well it hasn't changed yet, man, and I've been here for what seems like forever) and it looks like someone poked holes in it, letting light through here and there and creating the effect of stars. Everywhere I go in this city is beautiful, pristine and sparkling, and the inherent glow- something I am told is a sign of the city's pulse of life- seems to change based on who's in the room as well as where we go. Everything is spires of light here, the city goes up and up and up in an endless labyrinth of stairs and towers, a bastion of information and peace. Later they are going to take me to what they call the 'Inner Library'. I am absolutely fascinated to learn more about these strange and wonderful Programs. They seem to have achieved what we Users can't- utter satisfaction with life.

Any news, Users, from Alan? I cannot seem to access anything having to do with Encom at all from this Grid. That gives me some peace of mind, though. If I can't access out, chances are Encom can't get in.

Kevin

Got this from Alan:

That sounds amazing. I wish I could see it for myself, but I have a feeling that if I digitized myself, Kevin'd be in even more trouble than he is now. I wouldn't have any way to get his head out of the clouds if I was in there with him. :) Maybe one day I can see it. I can only imagine what it must be like for him.

Sure seems like a lot more fun than my everyday life working for Encom, that's for sure.

Tell Kevin I'm going to contact Sam and Jet. I don't know what they'll be able to do, but they're bright kids. They'll figure something out.

Utter satisfaction with life? Wish I had that.

Thanks, Rumsgone. As I explore the "White" grid more, I'm finding that there's rumor of a deep corruption that happened MANY millicycles ago, resulting in the intolerance for corruption now. I will report back with more details after the meeting of the Admins in a few millicycles here. Thanks so much, User, for the assistance.

Kevin

I heard back from Alan..

I took the liberty of "editing" one word in his message - you will know what I mean when you read it..

I'm glad he's safe, at least.

He thinks that Jet and Sam might be able to figure out what Junior is doing? Well, they get along with each other better than they do with him, but it's worth a shot, I suppose. I'll give them a call, or shoot them an email - Sam in particular has a habit of not answering his phone.

I really hope Kevin's wrong about Junior and FCon. I don't want to have to deal with those @$$#01&$ ever again - pardon my language.

All for now..

I heard back from Alan..

I took the liberty of "editing" one word in his message - you will know what I mean when you read it..

All for now..

Wow who would have thought the old man had it in him to still cuss out Fcon. I don't blame him, though, I mean, being kidnapped and forced into the Grid....

Sam never likes to read his emails, and Jet does tend to ignore anything that might be from us 'authority figures'. Kids.

I certainly hope that the White Grid doesn't have anything to do with Fcon. That was something I didn't even consider when arriving here. I am totally borrowing trouble with that negative thinking, man. Keep me posted!

Kevin

okay, so I heard back from Alan and he says that he tried to contact both Jet and Sam, but that he keeps getting strange automatic responses back, as if the messages are bouncing. He thinks they might just be playing tricks on him because they know it's him.

At Alan's request, I was able to send an email to Sam and I asked him if he was the one who set up your new computer. Alan thought that Sam might be more inclined to respond to someone else, like me. As soon as I hear back from Sam, I will let both you and Alan know.

Let all of us on this thread know how you are doing and if you have any questions or information that you want passed to Alan. All for now.

The meeting with the Admins was phenomenal, man. My mind is BLOWN. These Programs, they call themselves the Keepers of the Crystallographs, or, more plainly, .CIF Programs. They function as keepers of data and information of all kinds, and the Cache here, this beautiful glowing city? It's like a digital Library of Alexandria, man. All the information you could ever want, every question man has ever asked or even remotely thought of is here, stored in crystalline form- literally, these Programs can take information and arrange it how they want inside of these crystalline sheets. It is MINDBLOWING, a sheet of this crystal stuff is like the most AMAZING iPad you've ever had. Pictures, books, video, you name it, they have it stored here.

It wasn't always peaceful and understanding like it is now. There are two leaders here, Ada, their Luminary, who I would call a spiritual leader of sorts, and Gate, the Enforcer, a Program in charge of maintaining and preventing the misuse of information. In the beginning they said the Grid was not white, but gray, neither light nor dark like the other Grids. A Program named Aurelius was one of the original founding .CIFs, the first Luminary. His want to use the information they obtained for darker purposes, as opposed to the want to guard the data and keep it from the wrong hands, was what caused the rift and corruption here. They weren't too clear on details, but they spoke of a battle between .CIF files and the group that Aurelius formed, called the Digerati- sect of .CIF Programs who claimed to be superior because they had no theoretical Users, and therefore more free-will than the normal .CIFs. They had created themselves, therefore they answered to themselves.

A war was waged that resulted in mass destruction of information- we Users had no idea out in our world that the collapse of the Digital Age was being fought within. That was 555 millicycles ago now- When our world experienced something referred to as the .Com Crash. Who would have thought that the workings INSIDE our computers could affect our outer world so much. My mind was blown. The council revoked Aurelius' place, transferring his title of Luminary to a young .CIF named Ada, and Ada worked with a Program named Cohen, another Admin, who ultimately sacrificed himself to stop the Digerati. Cohen held the title of Resolute, a title which the council retired permanently after Cohen's deresolution.

The destruction cumulated when Aurelius destroyed the first Cache, the light so bright from the explosion that it permanently bleached the landscape- Like if you leave your monitor on too long, the images will burn into it- creating the strange brightness and glow it has now. The destruction was so devastating that it impressed every .CIF Program vastly, so much so that if they even begin to disagree, they will punish themselves and choose isolation, kind of like an automatic shutdown, a fail-safe that was programmed in by the event. They remain a peaceful and intelligent people, but there are dark rumors of a resurgence of the Digerati, lead by a USER this time. I dunno what I did, but I have a feeling that I picked up the wrong computer from the Encom warehouse when I went to get my new one.

Heavy stuff, man. Heavy stuff.

Emails bouncing? Man, that's no good. Hopefully you can get through and Sam and Jet should get the idea that things are serious. Tell Alan I want him to digitize and come in and see this Grid. I need him to see it. Sam and Jet can monitor things from outside, and this way Alan can see all this stuff that I am seeing too. It's CRAZY in here. As long as I have access to you all here, Alan and I can communicate with the boys, and we should be safe. I just have a feeling that I could really use 'Tron' by my side here.

Kevin

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I want to post the information that I got from Sam. I will have to get back with Sam and Alan later. ..and I did forward these messages from Sam to Alan. Gotta run.. Two messages follow:

Dad had me set up his computer at the arcade a few days ago, he said just to intermingle it with the old one and he'd take care of the rest. Problems? I hope I didn't install it wrong or something. Why didn't Dad or Alan just call me or email me themselves?

Wait, you're not dad's (or Alan's) new girlfriend, are you?! They're not putting you up to emailing me so you can meet me, are they? I'm an adult, I can meet someone without embarrissing them. :p They totally need to cut me a break, how embarrassing. Am I ever going to live down the fruit cart incident?

I will just go ahead and email Alan. Thanks for taking the time to email for the old men, even though they're apparently being retarded.

Sam
Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.

AND:
Okay, this is weird, I tried to shoot Alan an email and I got this

Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@gmx.com to me show details 5:24 AM (0 minutes ago) Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

login.user.alan.one@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure: DNS Error: Domain name not found ----- Original message -----
MIME-Version: 1.0 Received: by 10.100.83.8 with SMTP id g8mr2210689anb.92. 1316946264380; Sun, 25 Sep 2011 03:24:24 -0700 (PDT) Received: by 10.100.163.18 with HTTP; Sun, 25 Sep 2011 03:24:24 -0700 (PDT) Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 05:24:24 -0500
Message-ID: Subject: WTF Man
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=00504501770046d63204adc172ea

Apparently I can't reach him via email, maybe there's some kind of issue with his firewalls? At any rate, tell him for me that I'm going to the arcade tomorrow anyways to hook up the new speakers and I can meet him there at like 5 or so. I'll email Jet and see if he can come, too.

I am going to guess that you're not a new girlfriend now. x_x Sorry about that, the old men just get really werid about the fact that they are 'on the market' again, afraid that Jet and I are gonna flip out or something, so they normally try to introduce us slowly or subtly with random emails or texts. I swear though, the fruit cart incident was a ONE TIME THING. It won't happen again.

Sam

Last edited:
I'm back on the market, man? News to me. Maybe wishful thinking on Sam's part.... It's interesting that he can't seem to contact Alan, and vice versa. Keep me posted, all is well here.

Kevin

Here's what I got recently from Sam:

Thanks, Miss Jill. Will you tell him, too, that if he gets stuck in the Grid again for another 20 years I am not going to forgive him this time XD. TOTALLY embarrassed that I thought you might be one of our dad's new girls. I emailed Jet, no word from him yet, I wonder if he is getting my emails at all. I tried Alan's cell phone but it's going straight to voicemail. I have to wonder if someone KNOWS what's going on and is trying to keep us all apart. Not cool. I'm at the Arcade tonight and I'm going to stay here until we get this all figured out. If you can tell Alan I'm here and waiting, that would be awesome.

Keep me posted!

(PS in an odd turn of circumstance, my email has ACTUALLY been unavailable all day, how werid is that?)

-Sam

And, here is what I got from Alan:

Jill,

Oh dear. A new girlfriend? Sheesh, even if it were true it wouldn't really be Sam's business to be nosy like that. Sorry for that little mix-up.

That's really strange that you can communicate with both of us but something is preventing us from communicating with each other. I wonder if I'm being monitored at home, too. I certainly hope not.

Alan

p.s. - Fruit cart incident? I am going to have to ask Sam about that next time I see him.

Is anyone else getting messages from Alan? The more information that we can get to Kevin the better..

I will update Alan on your status and share the info between Sam and Alan..

All for now!

latest from alan

Whoa, that's some pretty mind-blowing stuff. I don't even know what to say. And Kevin wants me to digitize, too? I'll think about it, but I have so much to do out here, that I'm not sure how I'd be able to explain my absence.

Huh. I'll see if I can check the logs of who checked what computer in/out at Encom to perhaps figure out who last used that particular computer. I'd think that the Programs would be more easily able to tell Kevin that information, though.

I don't mind the delayed responses too much... I know that mine are delayed too, and I'm sorry for that. I just want this whole mess to be over with. I miss my best friend, you know?

What have you been maintaining? Just out of curiosity.

btw - I sent the information that you posted at 3:23am yesterday to Sam. Hopefully, he will be able to tell if you picked up the right or wrong computer when you were at the Encom warehouse.

I'm hoping that Alan and Sam can start communicating directly with each other. Haven't heard anything about Jet, either.

I will send another message to Sam to emphasize the seriousness of your situation. And I will also send a follow up message to Alan regarding your request for him to digitize and go into the Grid so he can see what's happening first hand. And I will let him know that you could really use 'Tron' by your side in there.

Last edited:
..here is what I just got from Sam - he also explains the fruit cart incident..

Holy SMOKES, this new Grid sounds incredable, and super dangerous.

Ok ok, the fruit cart incident. So. Jet and I totally thought that my dad had been seeing a new girl about a month after we got him out of the Tron Grid, so we followed him out to Chinatown and, well, um, while trying not to be seen by dad and 'new girlfriend', Jet got bumped, and then stumbled back into me, and I knocked into the guy with a fruit cart and it toppled. And the thing is, this was Chinatown in San Francisco, and you know, that darned city had a lot of hills.... Needless to say it turned the street into a fruitopian nightmare. I didn't live it down for a month, and I think Jet and I are banned from Chinatown, or something.

Still no word from Jet or Alan, I am going to do some serious research on these "Digerati" people. KIT!

-Sam

Back