• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

TRON: Legacy Rinzler Maquette Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRON: Legacy Rinzler Maquette Photos

disneycrazee

I just got pixelexia, ok?
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
So...last year, I pre-ordered Sideshow Collectibles' Rinzler Maquette. I love both Tron films, but am really drawn to Rinzler for some reason (maybe it's the orange, as it's my favorite color ;)). When it came down to ordering either a sixth scale figure by Hot Toys (Sam Flynn and his light cycle were pretty tempting...) or this guy...well, I had to go with my favorite character. :)

Today this bad boy finally arrived...and my goodness, the box is HUGE. I felt a little intimidated opening it. :lol: My apologies for the poor quality in photos...I just used my phone. I was lazy and didn't feel like busting out the good camera. He is hand numbered 155/325. The LED lights look fantastic. My only gripe...his right leg came broken just at the knee! :( Yep. Because this thing is heavy and big, I really don't want to have to worry about shipping it back and then receiving one intact...and with such a low edition size, who knows how many they keep aside for such problems. I decided to set him up to see how bad it really was. Fortunately, he is mostly supported with this left leg (that's the one that plugs into the base) and the break isn't too noticeable. So...even though he cost a pretty penny (for me, anyway), I don't think I want to risk sending him back. I think I'm just going to try some glue to patch him up, which I'm hoping will make the break even less noticeable.

He looks really cool! Now I'm wondering: if you ordered him last year, why did it take until almost the end of this year for him to get to your house?

He looks really cool! Now I'm wondering: if you ordered him last year, why did it take until almost the end of this year for him to get to your house?
Valid question. Lol Sideshow Collectibles always puts their items up for pre-order, but usually have an "estimated shipping date". Oftentimes, the actual release date gets pushed back. In this case, it got pushed back multiple times. You have to put down a deposit at the time you preorder, but the remaining payment isn't due until the item is ready to ship. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back