• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK forwarding service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am willing to help out, too, though I am located in the Netherlands (but the UK website does ship to Holland)...

Thank you both, Shelly and David. But Blaine is right (am I that transparent???? Hahaha) ... I'm debating getting the Alice platinum set. I could never ask someone to make that large a purchase on my behalf (although I'd ensure the funds were available). But if I'm ever looking for "small goods" I may take you up on your kind offers. ;-) Now I need to make up my mind before Harrods sells out, ha!

Thank you both, Shelly and David. But Blaine is right (am I that transparent???? Hahaha) ... I'm debating getting the Alice platinum set. I could never ask someone to make that large a purchase on my behalf (although I'd ensure the funds were available). But if I'm ever looking for "small goods" I may take you up on your kind offers. ;-) Now I need to make up my mind before Harrods sells out, ha!
If it's easier you're welcome to use my UK address and I can forward it on to you . Sometimes big companies calculate international shipping at extortionate amounts , although I've personally never bought from Harrods so I can't comment on them .

Did the people at Harrod's tell you how much shipping was? I am seriously considering getting the set too. I can't believe it's still available.

I hope you're able to get a set! I can't wait to pick up mine this weekend.

I am seriously considering getting the set too. I can't believe it's still available.

This will probably be the last time Disney allots so many units overseas. As much as people want more dolls over there, there seems to be a much bigger market on the US site. Truthfully, these platinum sets aren't for everyone, but the 105 (or whatever the weird allotment was) sold out in a minute or so here and has lasted so far for days in the other markets. Good luck with the inevitable BatB set for next year's movie!

I seem to recall Harrod's ships through DHL so it'll probably cost about $150-250 for shipping alone, but then if anything happens to it, it should be insured, etc.

Thanks, everyone!

I broke down and called Harrods to order my set. The good news is that they deducted the VAT from the price of the doll set, since it was leaving the UK. The shipping was high, but without the VAT, it more or less evened out. The remaining question will be whether I get slammed with Customs charges by the US government, ha ha ha.

But the set is more beautifuller than I realized (thanks a lot, Blaine--I blame you for starting this! :p) and even though I didn't love this particular movie, I love these characters. I will remain an Alice 17" doll complete-ist once my platinum set arrives. And at least I didn't spend MORE than retail, overall!

TBH, I feel zero guilt for opening your heart to them. I think if anyone's Alice collection should complete, it's yours <3 You shouldn't have to pay customs in the US because of the Free Trade Act. But I'm Canadian, so if that's changed, maybe I'm not aware.

I can't wait to see the details in person! We all know pics can never quite capture these dolls for some reason. Maybe on future viewings you'll appreciate the movie more. I liked it a lot better the 2nd time. The only scenes I didn't love were the ones in Hatter's house, but they'll probably grow on me.

TBH, I feel zero guilt for opening your heart to them. I think if anyone's Alice collection should complete, it's yours <3 You shouldn't have to pay customs in the US because of the Free Trade Act. But I'm Canadian, so if that's changed, maybe I'm not aware.

I can't wait to see the details in person! We all know pics can never quite capture these dolls for some reason. Maybe on future viewings you'll appreciate the movie more. I liked it a lot better the 2nd time. The only scenes I didn't love were the ones in Hatter's house, but they'll probably grow on me.

Awww, thanks! <3

I do think even the promo photos from elsewhere around the globe make the dolls look waaayyyyy better! So I'm excited to see them in person. Alice really is GORGEOUS, and once you commented on the details on the Hatter and I really *noticed* them, I was like, Fuuudddgge I messed up by skipping this set. Ha.

And I agree about the movie ... I need to watch it again; I just haven't had time. I didn't love / didn't hate the first one when I saw it the first time, but when I rewatched it, I really loved it. So this one might improve with additional viewings, too. I do agree with you about the scenes in Hatter's house. I think some of the trouble is that the Hatter is depressed (I mean, that's the point) but that character lives and thrives by being zany/mad/"up." Even him going angry-mad and spewing gibberish in a Scottish accent was more peppy, ha. Having Johnny Depp play so "down" just kinda dragged the mood to a place that plot required but no one really wanted to see. When he was heckling Time at the tea table, that was what the Hatter is supposed to be. So I'll give it another chance, but if nothing else, I am very happy that the dolls will be in my collection in a couple weeks!

Congratulations on getting the set!
The stock photos never do the actual dolls justice and photos from collectors look so much better. But inn person, they look even more beautiful.
I didn't have this experience with the LE dolls but with the Frozen Minidoll set. They are so small compared to the LE dolls they have much less detail, and yet, they were so irresitibly cute in person! So I don't think you'll regret adding them to your collection :)

I finally got my set home. Hot damn you're gonna love them!!!! I'll take better pics in a couple days, but it's so late. I can't decide if I like Alice or hatter better, they're both just so amazing in person.

Thanks, everyone!

I broke down and called Harrods to order my set. The good news is that they deducted the VAT from the price of the doll set, since it was leaving the UK. The shipping was high, but without the VAT, it more or less evened out. The remaining question will be whether I get slammed with Customs charges by the US government, ha ha ha.

But the set is more beautifuller than I realized (thanks a lot, Blaine--I blame you for starting this! :p) and even though I didn't love this particular movie, I love these characters. I will remain an Alice 17" doll complete-ist once my platinum set arrives. And at least I didn't spend MORE than retail, overall!

US rarely charges customs for incoming shipments, woo hoo!

They are not supposed to. Dolls fall under some free-trade agreement with Great Britain. It's under the tariff code.

I finally got my set home. Hot damn you're gonna love them!!!! I'll take better pics in a couple days, but it's so late. I can't decide if I like Alice or hatter better, they're both just so amazing in person.

YAY!!!! I can't wait to see your pix and am so glad you finally have the set in hand.

In other news, I saw the movie again today and liked more than disliked. I do still like the first movie more, but this one is good too. And I sat there during the entire rescue sequence thinking, "My dollies will be in those outfits! My Hatter dolly will have those rings on his fingers!" and various other cheesy thoughts. I can't wait for this set to arrive and am so glad I got a second chance!

I was wondering if anyone from the U.K could help me out placing an order for small items and ship them to me in the USA? Do you have shippers other than DHL that would ship internationally and provide tracking numbers for a lower fee?

I was wondering if anyone from the U.K could help me out placing an order for small items and ship them to me in the USA? Do you have shippers other than DHL that would ship internationally and provide tracking numbers for a lower fee?
I'm in the UK and I'm happy to post to the US but if you're fixed on tracking it'll basically double the cost of anything but if you're happy to pay that feel free to PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back