• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Upcoming Funko Pops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Funko Pops!
Sadly I have to agree, I think she's the weakest one. /: The art design of Hercules is pretty abstract, and Meg in particular is highly stylized. Obviously Funko has a super distinct style of their own, and the movie's animation doesn't exactly lend itself to their medium. Unfortunately I think they went way too literal with translating her. She has rather angular features, which look harsh in Pop form. I did just a teeny bit of super quick Photoshopping to soften her up a little, and I think there's already some noticeable improvement.

ZQqT8NV.jpg
ovq4s4u.jpg

Still, I can't even remember the last time Disney released new Megara merch, other than pins (and even those are few and far between.) So I guess beggars can't be choosers, right? If it were more expensive I'd probably pass, but I can live with spending ten bucks on her. Maybe if these sell well, Disney will start to realize there's a big demand for more Hercules stuff.
I do wish they had Megs eyes open. They could do the line of eyeshadow above her eyes like they did with the original Tiana funko. I'm also not a big fan of her lips. They really could have gone with the original style of funko and she would have looked fine. I may have to buy two so I can customize one the way I want.

The last Meg piece came out a couple years ago. It was the Meg shoe ornament from the parks.

35140.jpg

I, too, don't care much for the Meg one. In fact, until I see one in person, I'm passing on it. That Aladdin, though, is not only adorable, but I'm pretty sure 10.99 is a mistake because most two funko sets are $25 at least. And that was all the incentive I needed XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
The Star Wars movie moments from last year originally sold for $19.99. Amazon has sold funkos for half price, I've gotten a few that sell everywhere else for $10-12 but amazon sold them for 5-6.

I, too, don't care much for the Meg one. In fact, until I see one in person, I'm passing on it. That Aladdin, though, is not only adorable, but I'm pretty sure 10.99 is a mistake because most two funko sets are $25 at least. And that was all the incentive I needed XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Amazon agrees with you that it was a mistake. It has been repriced to $29.99. It's Amazon, so people in the Reddit Funko group expect they will honor the price for the lucky people who ordered early.

I'm not huge into Funko Pops, but I do have two of the Dark Crystal ones because those are unusually detailed and unique! Rock Candy is my favorite of their lines, and if they started making more Disney and Star Wars characters in that style (Esmeralda, Meg, Kida, Rey, Kylo, etc) I'd be stoked!

Amazon agrees with you that it was a mistake. It has been repriced to $29.99. It's Amazon, so people in the Reddit Funko group expect they will honor the price for the lucky people who ordered early.
The only time amazon will change the price for people who preordered are if the price goes down. So we should be safe with only being charged $10.99 for it.

The pop figures are funny things, I'm not sure how I feel about them - I usually just think they all look the same and I lose interest but every now and then they do a character that I feel like I need! (I have the Steven Universe figures and some Teen Titans :D)
Generally I feel the same way about tsum tsums, I know they are hugely popular, but I feel they end up being generic rather than being the character I want...if that makes sense. That Hercules figure is pretty adorable though!

I tried to stay away from a new Disney collection since I already collect Tsum Tsums, Ufufys, AND pins but I couldn't resist with these Hercules Funko Pops! I already pre-ordered baby Hercules, baby Pegasus, and Hercules on Pegasus and I'm considering getting the Aladdin and Genie set

I tried to stay away from a new Disney collection since I already collect Tsum Tsums, Ufufys, AND pins but I couldn't resist with these Hercules Funko Pops! I already pre-ordered baby Hercules, baby Pegasus, and Hercules on Pegasus and I'm considering getting the Aladdin and Genie set
Tsums are ending this year so I mean....new collection time?

Another round of upcoming Funko Pops was leaked (order sheets - so no pics) and there are more Aladdin Pops.

Pop Ride - Aladdin Magic Carpet
Jasmine in Disguise (with possible Chase)
Abu as Elephant
Iago
Genie w/ Lamp
Prince Ali

For Kingdom Hearts fans, For KH3 listed are:

Sora
Sora (Monsters, Inc)
Goofy (Monsters, Inc)
Donald (Monsters, Inc)

There are also a bunch of Holiday Star Wars and Holiday Marvel stuff

Another round of upcoming Funko Pops was leaked (order sheets - so no pics) and there are more Aladdin Pops.

Pop Ride - Aladdin Magic Carpet
Jasmine in Disguise (with possible Chase)
Abu as Elephant
Iago
Genie w/ Lamp
Prince Ali

For Kingdom Hearts fans, For KH3 listed are:

Sora
Sora (Monsters, Inc)
Goofy (Monsters, Inc)
Donald (Monsters, Inc)

There are also a bunch of Holiday Star Wars and Holiday Marvel stuff
Here's the Aladdin Pics!

E5CEFB58-DCA9-49B5-ACEF-0D8F4675E563.jpeg

DCD001C1-C80F-492E-8E95-86BCA3ED349A.jpeg

CDB6F3B2-882F-459C-86C1-69DAD888CEB1.jpeg

Here's the Aladdin Pics!

E5CEFB58-DCA9-49B5-ACEF-0D8F4675E563.jpeg

DCD001C1-C80F-492E-8E95-86BCA3ED349A.jpeg

CDB6F3B2-882F-459C-86C1-69DAD888CEB1.jpeg
So, my husband went into the Funko store today and showed them some of the photos of the new Aladdin ones. They said they aren't out yet. The employee also said that the photo isn't supposed to be released to the public yet either. Now, I don't know if the employee was correct, but just thought it was interesting he said that.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back