• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ursula Jessica jumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ursula Jessica jumbo

LiliMay

Little Mermaid Collector
Rating - 100%
42   0   1
Hey everyone. My bf has had the chance to purchase on evil bay :
Pin 73663: DisneyStore.com - Jumbo Jessica Rabbit as Ursula
course they didn't take a picture of the back on the pin on the listing. Not have I ever seen the back of this pin to even know what it looks like.
Could someone help me by posting up pictures of the backs- real or fake you have purchased so I don't get a fake pin. Please? (My boyfriend is not understanding what the difference between a "real" and "fake pin is.

Uh oh... I hope is not from the same seller that after somebody winning it sent me a second chance offer for another one for $50... I pondered it but if you look at the picture on the pin they posted on the bay, the eye has a semicircle missing which is what the fakes have... Good luck!!

attachment.php

This is what i mean by semi circle missing off the eye

I have 2 real ones so feel free to send me pictures when you get it and I'll let you know for sure. I can also send you pictures of mine. There's no 'true' evidence to suggest the pin has been scrapped though...so I wouldn't be too worried about anything other than the pin's condition. I honestly believe that was a cruel rumor started to drive interest down so certain people could attain and hoard them all lol. I have 2 of this pin and was watching the listing you got on eBay...the pin is just that nice that collector's don't mind having multiples of it lol.

Although, even with a pin like this one...no one can be 100% sure: so try to be careful. If you're ever uncertain about a pin and you have to turn to eBay...I suggest only buying from "Top Rated" or "Top Rated Plus" sellers with 100% feedback. If they have less than 100%, be very careful and view the negatives and neutrals to see if there's any mention of scrappers. People tend to forget that some pins have variations and manufacturer flaws and defects. They immediately jump to the scrapper conclusion, but I think a pin like this would be quite costly to replicate with all the different inks being used and intricate edging design. Hidden Mickey's seem to be the more scrapped-type of pin...not LE's like this one.

I haven't seen a single jessica as ursula pin on ebay. I think everyone is just paranoid about owning a scrapper, that they automatically think anything they buy/trade is a scrapper.

If you look at the sold/completed listings, there were 11 listed, 9 sold (one looks like all the bids were cancelled because item was lost but then got re-listed when found).

Two of them have the "questionable" eye issue and sold by the same seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back