USPS Tracking Question

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by pinnochiolover, Aug 2, 2018.

1. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover DPF Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

How soon will a package register when it first enters the system? Does it register when you hand it over or when it leaves the PO office? My trade partner says she has dropped my package to the PO today, so I was expecting to see an entry on the tracking history. It currently says that 'a label has been generated, but that they are waiting for the package'. Thanks

2. Buffy6

Buffy6 Member

0   0   0

I took a package to the post office, and it updated within 2 hours of me leaving. But, it was priority mail, not sure if it makes a difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeputyDonald and pinnochiolover like this.
  3. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

In my experience with first class mail it doesn’t update until hours after the package was scanned by the guy at the post office. Also if they dropped it off but didn’t go in and get a receipt it could take time for them to scan it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDonald likes this.
  4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

To be completely honest, there is no set time frame. Sometimes they update almost instantly, sometimes they don't update for 24 hours.

5. pinnochiolover

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Thanks! I will check it tomorrow. I like to check its in the system, and then I forget about it until it arrives.

6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

As @pretty Omi said, it could take up to a day. I wouldn't worry about it unless you haven't seen any updates after 1-2 days of when they said they dropped it in the mail.

7. pinnochiolover

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

All is well, an entry showed up after about six to eight hours. Thank you for all the responses, it was reassuring during a time of uncertainty.

khossler likes this.
  8. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    507   0   0

mine will usually take 6-7 hours to show up after scanning.