• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Various problems

I keep getting randomly logged out too, only started recently. I havent updated anything recently on my computer, and im using Mozilla so perhaps its an underlying problem rather than Safari.

I'm getting logged out, and when I log in it returns me to the home page again as though I haven't logged in at all. I use Safari on my phone and Firefox on my computer, and it's happened in both places. What gives? :(

I keep getting randomly logged out too, only started recently. I havent updated anything recently on my computer, and im using Mozilla so perhaps its an underlying problem rather than Safari.

same here getting logged out from chrome...just be patient guys I'm sure it's something simple and nothing to really freak out about

I had it happen this morning once as well. I am on Firefox, I thought it was just me forgetting to click "Keep Me Logged In"

ick, my laptop is down and i had to borrow my husbands and my sons, on both i got logged out constantly even when i clicked "remember me"....so annoying.

I've actually been experiencing the same problem since this morning. Hopefully Cicada will find the time later to address the issue :)

It is much worse than yesterday; I don't know if this will post because I am being logged out repeatedly and without fail. I have tried and tried to post a reply to this thread or send you (Cicada) a PM, and am always told "Thank you for logging in, Snowy717" and then, "you do not have permission to access this page because you are not logged in." Very frustrating. Can you help?

(Thank you for the work you've done already; I don't want to sound ungrateful but MAN it's maddening not being able to log back in, or submit a help question lol)

***UPDATE***

It seems to be working much better now. Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
Add me to the list of having problems where I wasn't having them before, but only when I'm signing in on my powerbook. When I sign in on a regular PC desktop, everything works just fine. I didn't have this problem yesterday, but when I tried to sign in today, I just discovered that this problem materialized.

When I'm signed in (and I know that I'm signed in) and looking at the main forum page, it doesn't look like I'm signed in at all. The only indication that I'm signed in is that I can see my name at the bottom of the page, indicating that I'm there. But when I go into a specific forum or thread, everything returns to 'normal'; I'm signed in and I have full access to my messages, profile, etc.

I've tried signing out, signing back in, closing safari, restarting my computer ... nothing worked to fix this.

I'm wondering if this problem is just unique to Mac users? Or just unique to me?

I don't know if this has to do with the updates, I was getting logged out for a day or two like other people said, it stopped after the site was down for maintenance yesterday but now when I click the "what's new" tab (I always use this instead of reading individual forums), it does not mark the thread as read after I read it (it usually un-bolds the title after I have viewed it). A small annoyance I know, I am also absolutely not trying to sound ungrateful, I love this place but I was just posting in case maybe others were experiencing the same issue.

Back